What's new

KombatNetwork deserves an apology

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Ikr? I dont wanna spend $200 bucks seeing ppl playing casuals, while I could have used that to buy and PX22 headset, and a 2 new games.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I don't think I'd ever spend $200 to enter a venue. Unless it comes with a goody bag chock full of well, goodies.
Ikr, shit. I understand some of the venuse fees are like 5$ 10$ which makes sense b/c you are playing the games and its like if you were in putting quarters in the arcade machines, and it add up to those amounts. But $200? naw Holmes fuck that shit. lol

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
And dear God. I hope everything runs like a Swiss watch today. Play all the pizza ads on the stream that has way more viewers than us. Let them suffer today. We deserve one solid block of kick ass matches.
It fucking needs to run like a swiss watch after this fiasco.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Hell it was like $55 just for a spectator pass, and that's just to watch. That better come with a few shots and a meal. Raping wallets since 2004.

Well if God forbid today messes up to, won't be hearing the end of it for a week.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Hey if people want to pay 55$ to spectate, let them and obviously people DO pay that amount or else they'd have probably busted that down to 40 or something.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I mean it's not a lot of money I guess. But I'm frugal with shit like that. Like CEO and the other FG majors that are usually 20-30, I can understand. They need the profits. But shit MLG is making a killing from SC2 and CoD alone. I do wonder how much dough they had to pony up to rent that venue though.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
I don't know what happened, I can't find the specifics. People take shit way too deep to heart. Just ignore the pricks and kick ass. It's already been established the majority of staff and security are grade A douche nozzles.

why is this thread not immediately locked? This is the exact OPPOSITE of how you bring a scene together.

@Insuperable you are a fool. You just make the people not happy with KN, more pissed off about it. Do you ever watch commercials? Do companies ever say hey viewers, you owe us an apology cuz that other company you bought from fucked up? No. They are supposed to have a positive message about how they are improving their own shit.

News flash, if a MLG tournament has an unwatchable stream and massive delays, im not gonna say "oh, well let me go back to watching that other tournament organizer who also had no stream and massive delays".....................I'm not gonna watch either one. This is called a negative gain for everyone

@Shock It's nice to have loyal defenders, but don't let them be stupid and speak for your crew. It makes things worse

The average age of posters on this site is much lower than you might expect. Seeing that alerts tab blink red is the greatest feeling of validation and acceptance they've ever felt. They're here to get people to respond to them and get post likes, not because they actually give a shit about the well-being of the tournament or the players that are there. 1 like = 1 respect
I just gave you a respect point.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
why is this thread not immediately locked? This is the exact OPPOSITE of how you bring a scene together.

@Insuperable you are a fool. You just make the people not happy with KN, more pissed off about it. Do you ever watch commercials? Do companies ever say hey viewers, you owe us an apology cuz that other company you bought from fucked up? No. They are supposed to have a positive message about how they are improving their own shit.

News flash, if a MLG tournament has an unwatchable stream and massive delays, im not gonna say "oh, well let me go back to watching that other tournament organizer who also had no stream and massive delays".....................I'm not gonna watch either one. This is called a negative gain for everyone

@Shock It's nice to have loyal defenders, but don't let them be stupid and speak for your crew. It makes things worse
Did you not read this thread at all? I said you shouldn't bash MLG or KN lmfao. Holy shit the posters on this site.

Did you not read this thread at all? I said you shouldn't bash MLG or KN lmfao. Holy shit the posters on this site.
i read the title of the thread and your first post. Please tell me how many posts i need to read to get to the part where you say that...cuz most intelligent people would put it first

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
why would i read a stupid thread? I'm not gonna scroll through other people's comments to find where you decided to say something different. It should be shut down, i could care less what your "real" message turned out to be.

edit: ROFL i have to go to page 2 to find it? well done

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
That's exactly what I mentioned in another thread way before the shit hit the fan. The title of this thread should read "MLG deserves to be blown up."

@Insuperable (good to see you've been unbanned, by the way), this is not about playing favorites. I know most of us like and respect Shock, and rightfully so. But, if you've been repeatedly sold a substandard product by someone, you go somewhere else, and you're also sold a substandard product, would you go back to the original person and apologize?

I understand that Shock is frustrated and he has the right to ask for MLG to be blown up considering all he had to listen to since NEC. But, instead of trying to rub things in and unjustifiably ask for apologies, how about we learn the real lesson here, and that is to get our act together? And by that I mean the community as a whole and the TO's.
I'm not asking anyone to blow up MLG, and sure I'm taking my little jabs here and there, but treat the situation fairly. Remember, all the problems that happened at FR happened at MLG, and the problems were handled faster, by fewer people with more, nearly twice as many players on hand at FR.

Anyone who thinks KN runs a bad tournament typically touts MLG as the way to go, and if MLG can make the same mistakes as the FGC, maybe I was right when I said "There are problems that happen at events that no one can predict." In addition, the biggest problem KN has ever suffered was Internet at a mere handful of events. That has been resolved. Otherwise, a few players made a huge deal out of NOTHING in attempt to stir up the kind of reputation that you see some people in this thread buying into, that simply does not exist. I've been doing this THIRTEEN years and get requests to help and run events all the time.

KN provides:

10 to 15 Asus Monitors depending on staff availability
over a dozen consoles
over a dozen copies of games
10 sets of speakers
A several thousand dollar streaming suite
Drives players to events and rooms them
Sponsors players
Provides extra sticks and pads
Controller adapters
Runs brackets
Assists in pool building when requested
And much more.

KN does not run the majors themselves and is subject to the rules and constraints of the venues, the head TOs, and player behavior. The locals I have run are limited due to space, and sometimes internet quality. Other than cramped space and limited casual available at some events, the vast majority of people always have a great time at completely KN run tournaments.

Not to mention, I built the foundation of this God forsaken community after 2D MK died in the arcades. Without DarkTemplarz/UltimateMK/KombatNetwork/VSM the FGC representation of NRS games would be next to nothing. We get consistently the biggest turnouts for FGC events (at least 4 125+ in 2013 including one 220), always have the strongest scene that sets the bar for competition in the North East and creates a goal for other regions to reach and exceed. Don't believe me? Ask around.

Last edited:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't think anyone is REALLY boycotting KN but they bullshitted just like how MLG bullshitted last night. In no way does a latter fuck up merit an apology for a previous fuck up.
When did we bullshit?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
for the 100th time, KN works hard they try, we know. That is not the issue, the problem was issues like the internet keep coming back at every tournament. People would be glad to attend KN tournaments if they work on these problems a lot of people have come with constructive criticism and have even suggested KN should do donations for the streams. It just seems like they can't take any criticism at all. You expect people to keep quite when something goes wrong?
Problems are solved man. Stop listening to the BS.