What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - NFG Ranking Special (Featuring REO, Tom Brady, Pig of the Hut, and Sin)

Saint

Noob
aaaawesome podcast, and it's so cool you used that cover of chinese ninja warrior because the first time I heard it I thought about the KTP =D

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Am i the only person who thinks shaolin shokan is actually reo in the most elaborate trolling ever, even beating the godly shoryuken prison?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I liked this one. Personally for me, the interactions between Tom and REO is the most entertaining shit ever.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
A Tom brady sound board would be amazing

"trash bitch"

"STOP"

"IM COMING FOR U ***********"

Honestly tOm's vocal delivery is impeccable

He is the front man of the MK band (community)

He is axl rose of GNR to us

He is elivis

He is legend

Osu 16 Bit@
A coin flip still isnt fair lol, It depends on what side of the coin its on. For example if you do head on top then the probability would be 51%/49% not 50%. Its basic math because when the head is on top, the "head" side would always +1 or 0. But the Tail would get -1 or 0.

Its like 1,2,3,4,5,6. If we start with an odd number, there will always be +1 of more odds but its will never be more even than odd.

We need to fucking fix these bullshit glitch. I swear, this is terrible. Is this game really more bullshit than Marvel?

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
This podcast is full of win. Lol. Can't wait to see everyone at MLg Anaheim. :)

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
shit Im 31 too. that's a popular age for an mk player.

Man Showtime and Cat both have what it takes to beat any top player. The fact that they haven't traveled the country competing in tourneys doesn't mean they aren't good. The top 4 players at TX showdown all have what it takes to beat top players. Mr. Mileena proved that at devastation, and Cat and Showtime showed that by beating some really good players at Final Round, and Mr. Mileena and Pboardplayer at TX showdown. They shouldn't get a lot of points, but should get something. No points is ridiculous.
We will prove ourselves at MLg Anaheim. It's gonna be freaking crazy amount of killers. can't wait, gonna be fun regardless :)

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I think the 1p host advantage was blown out of proportion and still is. I think Somberness finding this out will actually HELP us understand the game and get better.

Sub Zero players will now know not to attempt to d3 after a blocked Kitana f21 on 2p side and to counter poke instead.

1p Smoke we now know will always win after 3d21 with a d1, meaning we know to counter poke there as well.

This isn't the first time a player's side has the advantage in a fighting game.

TTT 2P side had 'juggle advantage.'
T5/T6 2P side is able to sidewalk out of crouch to the right

MK9 wouldn't be the first to have side-preferences in a fighting game. Thats been going on since the ST days since its was easier to dragon punch on 2p side than 1p side.

We can complain about how stupid it is all we want, but I tend to look at the positive side.

These are situations where we thought 'randomness' occurred, but we now have clarity and absolution. Is that really that bad?

Tolkeen

/wrists
Why don't we make it whoever gets second player gets to pick the level? That way you can overcome the collision problem by giving yourself a larger or smaller stage. Also, at one tourney I attended the TO told us higher seed in bracket got p1. That's a consistent way to do it.

Tapatalk, helping me procrastinate.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
I think the 1p host advantage was blown out of proportion and still is. I think Somberness finding this out will actually HELP us understand the game and get better.

Sub Zero players will now know not to attempt to d3 after a blocked Kitana f21 on 2p side and to counter poke instead.

1p Smoke we now know will always win after 3d21 with a d1, meaning we know to counter poke there as well.

This isn't the first time a player's side has the advantage in a fighting game.

TTT 2P side had 'juggle advantage.'
T5/T6 2P side is able to sidewalk out of crouch to the right

MK9 wouldn't be the first to have side-preferences in a fighting game. Thats been going on since the ST days since its was easier to dragon punch on 2p side than 1p side.

We can complain about how stupid it is all we want, but I tend to look at the positive side.

These are situations where we thought 'randomness' occurred, but we now have clarity and absolution. Is that really that bad?
truely the 1pl advantage is ONLY when two moves hit eachother on the exact same frame thats 1/60 of a second and there are so many other factors that cause this to not happen very often such as the moves hitbox vs the others characters hurtbox. timing of the player. positioning of the character. we've been playing this game for about a year now and been having a helluva lot of fun doing so. I ask that people don't let this knowledge that they may lose a trade at some point ruin the experience of playing the game. If you had fun before this came out then keep having fun, don't think "oh crap I lost air to airs 5 times in that match it must be the pl 1 advantage" cuz that's just not the case, your moves didn't hit eachother on the exact same frame 5 times.lol