What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Episode 11 w/ GGA Dizzy

Me and my shitty playstyle were mentioned hurrah. Also wtf dizzy we're not that weird. atleast we don't have tattoos of our forum names. I didn't listen to any of this tho i just got a synopsis. I refuse to listen to peoples opinions

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp/b/305309593#

at 22:40

also i have MANY recorded matches w B Wizz

hit me back

it's ALL about the approach in terms of csz but kenshi and others can sit there and just wait to punish
None of those were the kind of punish Slips was looking for (I'm assuming) I think he means like say Raiden vs Johnny Cage, Tele punished on reaction with 21f2, or something along those lines.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
None of those were the kind of punish Slips was looking for (I'm assuming) I think he means like say Raiden vs Johnny Cage, Tele punished on reaction with 21f2, or something along those lines.
Again it's about the approach

Notice I landed a full combo off a teleport on reaction while crossing up

U literally can not stand still against raiden - I was jumping a lot full screen away anticipating tele n supermans n lightening
If he tele then dive or land jip, superman close dive cancel and punish it on his way down w 3 4, if he shoots lightening projectile then dive

Go back and imagine all those dive kicks I land was a Sonya dive kick where she gets 45% off of a dive
Slips

ikonoklast

I want your soul, I will eat your soul
fuck, i remember two scoops! did anybody realize the gladiator "malibu" played motaro in the 2nd mk movie?
ok guys ENOUGH mk for right now!!! lets talk about this dude with one leg vs the eliminator!!!! do you suppose that quan chi ripped his leg off and beat him with it? like i said before, lets have him try the eliminator with no legs, i mean its like everyone is cheering on this complete pussy just because he has 1 leg that quan chi ripped off and beat him with. i wana see that lil bitch try the eliminator with NO LEGS or maybe 1 arm and 1 leg, but on opposite sides of coarse we dont wana go to easy on him.
WHAT DO U GUYS THINK?

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
ok guys ENOUGH mk for right now!!! lets talk about this dude with one leg vs the eliminator!!!! do you suppose that quan chi ripped his leg off and beat him with it? like i said before, lets have him try the eliminator with no legs, i mean its like everyone is cheering on this complete pussy just because he has 1 leg that quan chi ripped off and beat him with. i wana see that lil bitch try the eliminator with NO LEGS or maybe 1 arm and 1 leg, but on opposite sides of coarse we dont wana go to easy on him.
WHAT DO U GUYS THINK?
I'm not sure, but you may be more evil than Hitler.

Altaire

Noob
http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp/b/305309593#

at 22:40

also i have MANY recorded matches w B Wizz

hit me back

it's ALL about the approach in terms of csz but kenshi and others can sit there and just wait to punish
Okay, I really need to get this out there: Clint could not have played that match any more wrong. His Sonya is good, but he obviously doesn't know how to deal with Cyber Sub as Raiden.

First off, why did he just let you divekick him over and over again? Any time Raiden blocks a divekick, even a "safe" divekick, it's a guaranteed superman. Cyber Sub seriously loses out on that one, because he gets 8% damage if he guesses correctly and takes 11% damage if he guesses wrong, on top of being pushed towards the corner. Second, why open with B3 1 2? There's seriously never a reason for Raiden to use this string to open unless he's whiff punishing or counter-poking, especially when Cyber Sub can parry it. Raiden should be relying on F2 4 in that matchup, as Cyber Sub can't interrupt it on block AND he can't poke him back afterward. Raiden's footsies are considerably better than Cyber Sub's, due to having better pokes and a faster walk speed, so the distance created by a blocked F2 4 really works out in his favor.

So, to break this down, Cyber Sub's divekick doesn't do much for him in this matchup, and his parry only works about as well as it would on anyone else. His bombs are useless against Raiden, and so is his freeze. Ultimately, all he really has are his pressure strings and his usual parry mechanic, because no halfway intelligent Raiden is just going to throw out B3 1 2 or 3 3 4. Cyber Sub has no clear advantage in that matchup. It's just any other matchup for him. If Raiden couldn't punish a blocked divekick with superman 100% of the time, it might be different, but as it stands, that matchup is NOT in Cyber Sub's favor. Scorpions 3 3 is 1 0 frames, by the way, so he can feasibly punish a teleport with that if he anticipates it. The problem is that a good Raiden wants to make it difficult for you to do anything about his teleport, either by setting it up or just making it hard to predict.

B Wizz thinks Cyber Sub vs. Raiden is a 5-5, by the way. I agree with him wholeheartedly on that.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Yea, umm...Running into the same stuff over and over or doing the same string over and over is NOT what PL is going to do if he gets punished for it. But to each is own...

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
Ok a few random thoughts as usual... best fighting game podcast period.

Sub-zero vs Kabal thing that K7 seemed to have a bit of trouble articulating. With all things SZ with the ice-blast you can't just throw it out there on reaction to another characters projectile, it doesn't work like that due to how slow the start up is and travel speed. It's usually pretty apparent when kabal is going to start instant air's and projectiles in general so you have to pre-emptively throw the ball. (as with all characters) The difference with SZ vs kabal in trade's as opposed to kitiana is when this is done effectively SZ gets a full combo on kabal where as a fan will hit SZ in the trade and leave him in hitstun preventing him from getting a decent trade.

I don't fear Kabal to much with SZ. Oh, it's a pain in the ass, but not so bad as the Kitana match up which is fucking retarded. In a hotfix I would give him slide under all high projectiles in addition to those fixes you mention which would help him in these horrible match-up's where he gets "blown up".

Shout out's too 16 bit for mentioning Psylocke, by far the hottest x-chick, and one of the main reasons I boycott MVC3 for her criminal absence from the roster. I'd take her over emma frost, every team need's a ninja. Otherwise I'd agree with 16 bit's choices.

Eternal champions need's a next gen version. I would actually prefer this too KI3.

Streets of rage 2 is the best beat em up of all time....

Finally. Pin-head is way more awesome than freddy. I believe this is a 10-0 matchup. What the hell does Freddy have against a Demon jailer of hell? His dream powers are useless here. Freddy would be obliterated. Also Pin-head should be in Mk9, freddy need's a rival and jason is fucking boring..

Pig Of The Hut

Okay, I really need to get this out there: Clint could not have played that match any more wrong. His Sonya is good, but he obviously doesn't know how to deal with Cyber Sub as Raiden.

First off, why did he just let you divekick him over and over again? Any time Raiden blocks a divekick, even a "safe" divekick, it's a guaranteed superman. Cyber Sub seriously loses out on that one, because he gets 8% damage if he guesses correctly and takes 11% damage if he guesses wrong, on top of being pushed towards the corner. Second, why open with B3 1 2? There's seriously never a reason for Raiden to use this string to open unless he's whiff punishing or counter-poking, especially when Cyber Sub can parry it. Raiden should be relying on F2 4 in that matchup, as Cyber Sub can't interrupt it on block AND he can't poke him back afterward. Raiden's footsies are considerably better than Cyber Sub's, due to having better pokes and a faster walk speed, so the distance created by a blocked F2 4 really works out in his favor.

So, to break this down, Cyber Sub's divekick doesn't do much for him in this matchup, and his parry only works about as well as it would on anyone else. His bombs are useless against Raiden, and so is his freeze. Ultimately, all he really has are his pressure strings and his usual parry mechanic, because no halfway intelligent Raiden is just going to throw out B3 1 2 or 3 3 4. Cyber Sub has no clear advantage in that matchup. It's just any other matchup for him. If Raiden couldn't punish a blocked divekick with superman 100% of the time, it might be different, but as it stands, that matchup is NOT in Cyber Sub's favor. Scorpions 3 3 is 1 0 frames, by the way, so he can feasibly punish a teleport with that if he anticipates it. The problem is that a good Raiden wants to make it difficult for you to do anything about his teleport, either by setting it up or just making it hard to predict.

B Wizz thinks Cyber Sub vs. Raiden is a 5-5, by the way. I agree with him wholeheartedly on that.
edit: no need

actions more than words, in time

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Still working my way through this one, quite enjoyable. I feel like a silent observer, this is the second podcast with a long story that I was sitting next the person telling the story but didn't have anything to do with it. I was sitting next to Pig of The Hut at Evo (thanks again for hooking me and Moe30w up!) for his Tom Brady 'incident' and next to Slips at Pizza Hut.

FYI - For refenence on how weird those guys are that Dizzy is talking about, you can hear a few of them barking in the background of one of Moe30w's matches that I posted on youtube. Yeah, they're fucking weird.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Again it's about the approach

Notice I landed a full combo off a teleport on reaction while crossing up

U literally can not stand still against raiden - I was jumping a lot full screen away anticipating tele n supermans n lightening
If he tele then dive or land jip, superman close dive cancel and punish it on his way down w 3 4, if he shoots lightening projectile then dive

Go back and imagine all those dive kicks I land was a Sonya dive kick where she gets 45% off of a dive
Slips
I think you have a solid approach to countering Raiden with Cyber Sub, but we all don't have dive kicks. Sure you would've done more damage with Sonya, but Clint was just too stubborn to not block after a tele. If he would teleport and then just block and punish properly I doubt you would continue that approach and you would move onto something different. My point was nobody can punish tele 'on reaction'. You were just keeping it in check very well with dive kicks. Not the same thing.

That one time you punished his tele with a jp combo you were going for a cross up and he happened to tele right into your jump attack. I don't really consider that 'on reaction', just a bad break for Clint. :p

Cyber does well against Raiden, I even specified that in the podcast that maybe 2 to 3 characters Raiden has to adjust his game...but its nothing he can't handle.

btw I'm picking the Patriots to win the Super Bowl. :)

Pig Of The Hut

The funniest story I've ever heard: The pizza hut story, man that story was the TITS

Also is it just me or does dizzy and slips talk the same?

Working my way through this one. Man this is a long podcast! I agree that raiden by himself is a good character. With PL he becomes amazing.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
We're thinking of shortening the podcast length for the future. Let us know like how long you guys would prefer. 2-3 hours?

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Don't try to cut off the topics to fit a certain timeframe. It'll just lead to more "Im not done yet" from 16bit :D
If it hits 8 hours it hits 8 hours. Its hard to get through the day without getting the answers to questions that have plagued mankind for years such as blind people's waste management and the existence (or non-existence) of JK Rowling's ass.

Now... Paul Bearers urn... filled with ashes or mcdonalds fries? Lets find out next podcast shall we?

Doesn't really matter how long you make your podcast. Tbh I always stop listening after 1 hour though. It's usually around that time you guys stop talking about MK9 and start talking about fucking retards and such. :D

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
We're thinking of shortening the podcast length for the future. Let us know like how long you guys would prefer. 2-3 hours?
I say let it go on as long as you have something to say. Nothing is more annoying than listening to a podcast and they just arbitrarily say 'Well we have to wrap things up' Why? You aren't broadcasting, you don't have another show that needs the studio after you. Fuck it talk as long you have something to say. I listen to it chunks anyway, there is no need to listen to it in real time. Who doesn't have an MP3 player and a pause button?

I listen to a lot of podcasts because I take the train for work and I have to say this is now my favorite. I also think you guys should do a live call in show one time. There are so many times I've wanted to throw my two cents in.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Dont shorten it, just go with how much material you guys have otherwise it'll feel forced. If you have a lot to discuss on a certain episode then so be it. A live show would be amazing too.