What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 22 with Justin Wong

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Me and 16 Bit played against IKizzle all the time, who is considered one of the best Sektor players in the country. Playing against Sektor and seeing his options and tools is practically just as good as using him. We aren't just blowing up Sektor ignorantly. And we aren't the only ones saying it (REO last episode).

I don't have a problem where IKizzle places Sektor in his tier list. Sektor hasn't got in the limelight in tournies yet. I'll just say if IKizzle or some other Sektor player wins a major, I won't be surprised at all.
I do think you and 16 bit just happen to play characters that struggle against Sektor. As a Sektor player myself, I enjoy the Kitana and Scorpion match ups.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Slips

your a great player man, don't let a trash character like Scorpion keep you down. You should really get working on Ermac

i Recently confirmed that scorpions 50/50 if fuzziable, he has no poking game, No good footsy tools, no solid pressure and nearly everything he does is punishable. You gotta drop him dude

PS: I'd be more than able to help you out with Ermac if you ever want to play online or discuss tech
One thing Morty does that really frustrates me as Scorpion is general tick throw set ups randomly mixed within the 111 pressure. Of course Scorpions throw leads to a free ex flame so I feel as if thats where his meter should be going. Its a slow but effective way to play Scorpion.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I do think you and 16 bit just happen to play characters that struggle against Sektor. As a Sektor player myself, I enjoy the Kitana and Scorpion match ups.
^
This. Since this is a MU based game, I think tier lists in general are often skewed depending on the main of the maker. As a Shang main, I respect Scorpion more than I do Sektor. It is just how the matchups play out.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Jew isn't a race.

Also, it sucks being half a race where you can't even tell one bit the person is that race. Like I'm half Native American and I look 100% white. Which isn't really a bad thing, just saying.
Jews are both a race and aren't. Judaism is a religion, but hebrews were a people. And Jews have a weird race inclusion rule, if your mother was a jew, you're a jew. So I included them as such.

And I'm also half a race, it's dumb as hell. All the downside, none of the upside...until you do college applications :p

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Diggin the indirect Kano love lol

I was actually dreading this ktp because it could've went really... capcom-y
but all in all it wasn't bad. Slips succeeded yet again in his quest of making one section of the ktp really oddball lol. I'm a little fearful for EMP Triforce now, someone may jump him for his shards lol

Espio

Kokomo
I finished it and really like Justin's opinion on the match ups in this game and his comparisons to this community and the Capcom community in regards to mains and such.

Justin gets a lot of flack sometimes, but I actually enjoyed this podcast, it was shorter than usual, but that's fine as long as it's good, no big deal.

About the PL 24 x ray thing, I actually think he did that on purpose. I often used to delay a spin after 24 because people like to poke out of 24 if you don't throw a low hat or overeahd after that string.

BTW he should stick with KL and raiden as a second. But that KL man, thats his stuff, stick to it.

GGA Wafflez

the kid
IN NO ORDER, I REPEAT NO ORDER until Sektor.....

Reptile
Smoke
Mileena
Kitana
Skarlett
Cyrax
Kenshi
Freddy
Sonya
Jax
Cage
Kung Lao
Kabal
Raiden
15. SEKTOR

There are way to many good characters for you to justify putting Sektor at 7th.
Sektor is no higher than 15th. I will forever stand firmly behind that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad:
14. SMOKE

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I just wanted to point out I didn't actually lose to Justin in Tekken 5. My Tekken career is the only ounce of dignity I'ev got these days I gotta keep it intact. :p