What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 22 with Justin Wong

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
The official MK podcast of TYM is back again! This time we have fighting game legend Justin Wong on the show. We ask him what he thinks of MK9 as a tournament game. Slips and JWonggg get into fighting game philosophy and debate about the new vs old school of fighting games. Wong also tries his hand at the name game with some interesting results. Plus the KTP cast talks a variety of random topics including Nickelodeon and Brazzers.

Mp3 Version: http://kiwi6.com/file/v779olslb6

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kombattomb
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kombattomb

If you would like to be a guest for the "Callout of the week segment" let me know! Next show will be Phil 9.95!

Attachments

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
caught the mp3 link yesterday, was an intresting show alright, hearing wong talk abu how cheap cage and kabal were i did find a lil funny i wont lie,sagat, the twins? hello?what ever girl it was that was calling wong in the backround was as funny as hell also

also thanks to 16bit for getting it more known the random adv bug off f3 only takes effect if u try jump out,i got ripped apart for saying that in a thread after i read somberness post it

Espio

Kokomo
I'm about half way through since this one was shorter, that girl calling him was funny.

The discussion in regards to the comeback factor in games annoys me, it seems to be the trend with rage for Tekken, it wasn't a big deal in Tekken 6 because you were basically dead when you got it, but getting it when you have half life is lame imo.

Gotta finish watching the rest later, gotta finish some other things first.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm about half way through since this one was shorter, that girl calling him was funny.

The discussion in regards to the comeback factor in games annoys me, it seems to be the trend with rage for Tekken, it wasn't a big deal in Tekken 6 because you were basically dead when you got it, but getting it when you have half life is lame imo.

Gotta finish watching the rest later, gotta finish some other things first.
The interesting part about rage in TTT2U is that in tag, it activates on the out character. So you still have to tag in, or just spend it to avoid losing your character altogether. And in single, rage is just rage...you lose out on a wall pressure defensive tool.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I'll listen to this tomorrow when I have off, looking forward to it. I hope uncle Slipskicks has another silly story to share.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I know this one's a little shorter than normal. I was tired. We'll make it up on the next show. Plus I'll try to get it up asap after we record this weekend.

sn1kzZe

Noob
basically NRS don't have good QA department and they prefer to release the game and fix it on the go, i dont see what's so wrong about that.

In the future game testers will get better I think its a new concept, I mean if you were to "test" a game before release, would you find all the resets available for ALL chars? who knows maybe there were more resets that they discovered and fixed before the game came out.

Arena with 8 top placers could be boring, but i hope people will bring new tech and surprise us.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
basically NRS don't have good QA department and they prefer to release the game and fix it on the go, i dont see what's so wrong about that.

In the future game testers will get better I think its a new concept, I mean if you were to "test" a game before release, would you find all the resets available for ALL chars? who knows maybe there were more resets that they discovered and fixed before the game came out.

Arena with 8 top placers could be boring, but i hope people will bring new tech and surprise us.
game testers get paid avg $10.50 a hour w no benefits to cover that carpal tunnel they are likely to receive within 10 years

IKizzLE

BloodHound
On behalf of Slips and myself I apologize for not blowing up the Sektor community this week. I promise we'll find a way to blow them up next time and when we do, you're all in for a treat!
IN NO ORDER, I REPEAT NO ORDER until Sektor.....

Reptile
Smoke
Mileena
Kitana
Skarlett
Cyrax
Kenshi
Freddy
Sonya
Jax
Cage
Kung Lao
Kabal
Raiden
15. SEKTOR

There are way to many good characters for you to justify putting Sektor at 7th.
Sektor is no higher than 15th. I will forever stand firmly behind that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad:

Creepy00

Noob
I m assuming for you next podcast k7, you will be focusing mainly on power up and flawless victory as a topic. Looking forward to see that.

I would like to take the opportunity to point out that Oklahoma is not all rednecks with Wal-Mart as the central hub lol. I am in Tulsa and it is pretty much like any other city.

Death

Noob
IN NO ORDER, I REPEAT NO ORDER until Sektor.....

Reptile
Smoke
Mileena
Kitana
Skarlett
Cyrax
Kenshi
Freddy
Sonya
Jax
Cage
Kung Lao
Kabal
Raiden
15. SEKTOR

There are way to many good characters for you to justify putting Sektor at 7th.
Sektor is no higher than 15th. I will forever stand firmly behind that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad:
1. Kabal
2. Kenshi
3. Sonya
4. Kitana
5. Cage
6. Jax
7. Cyrax
8. Kung Lao
9. Smoke
10. Raiden
11. Freddy
12. Mileena
13. SEKTOR
14. Reptile
15. Rain

So I guess I 98% agree with you :).

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Slips, you never cease to make these podcasts lol worthy.

EDIT: Slips, you know you'd do the sheeva. LMAO! Damn I'd go skarlet. I'm like 30 min. from the end and my gut hurts...