What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 21 with vVv REO (Featuring Tom Brady and Pig of the Hut)

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Yup. Justin Wong is next. Maybe we should accept fan questions?
Sure. Ask him why he's such a bitch, not being an MK player, tier whoring from the beginning, and then he goes to a Canadian tournament and gets bodied repeatedly by Quan Chi because he doesn't understand the game he's playing and then calls our game shit. And then tell him to kill himself.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Sure. Ask him why he's such a bitch, not being an MK player, tier whoring from the beginning, and then he goes to a Canadian tournament and gets bodied repeatedly by Quan Chi because he doesn't understand the game he's playing and then calls our game shit. And then tell him to kill himself.
LOL!

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Oh damn! I need that intro so I can bump that shit in my ride son!

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
didnt he win canada cup? :p
Yeah. I assume you never heard Dink's story from that tournament. Dink made it in into grand finals from losers against Wong. And not only did he land the recently discovered Mayo Trap against him (yay!), he won 5 straight matches in a row. Wong didn't know shit about Quan Chi, so obviously he was getting caught in all mixups AND Rune traps.

Dink looks back and sees all the people now watching, gets nervous, and loses the last match. Wong turns to Dink and says "NRS makes shitty games." and walks away. Fuck him.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Yeah. I assume you never heard Dink's story from that tournament. Dink made it in into grand finals from losers against Wong. And not only did he land the recently discovered Mayo Trap against him (yay!), he won 5 straight matches in a row. Wong didn't know shit about Quan Chi, so obviously he was getting caught in all mixups AND Rune traps.

Dink looks back and sees all the people now watching, gets nervous, and loses the last match. Wong turns to Dink and says "NRS makes shitty games." and walks away. Fuck him.
yeah i heard about that, but in his defence i was mad too when i first got hit by the rune trap without knowing about it, its undeniably cheap as hell :p

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
yeah i heard about that, but in his defence i was mad too when i first got hit by the rune trap without knowing about it, its undeniably cheap as hell :p
Yes, but at that time of the games age, not even knowing what's happening to the point of insulting the game over it is a sign of ignorance and total disinterest in the game itself. So I don't respect him as an MK player. If he wants to have nothing to really do with our game, and just enter occasional tournaments with his sound general fundamentals, that's fine. But you don't get to say shit about our game when you don't even take the time to understand it like we do.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Yes, but at that time of the games age, not even knowing what's happening to the point of insulting the game over it is a sign of ignorance and total disinterest in the game itself. So I don't respect him as an MK player. If he wants to have nothing to really do with our game, and just enter occasional tournaments with his sound general fundamentals, that's fine. But you don't get to say shit about our game when you don't even take the time to understand it like we do.
agreed

Justin Wong is a pro on capcom games, he is not attending at any MK9 mayor tournament he rather go to a capcom game then a MK9 game thats a fact, if im wrong please prove wrong cause thats all i know from him

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
There was so much "win" in this pod cast I dont even know where to begin

I just wanna see this infamous picture Slips spoke about

REO Any Video of you skating?

Tom is so entertaining

K7 getting that high execution for kabal warranted

Awesome pod cast

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Will we ever find out the full NCR top 8?
NCR top 8:
1. DJT
2. MIT
3. Flawedzilla
4. Michaelangelo
5-t. Wrath
5-t. ??
7-t. WoundCowboy
7-t. Marvaz

I couldn't remember the other guy but there you go
My thoughts on Character loyalty:
Even at a tourney as small as NCR, it became apparent that I need a secondary. I had to go through an army of Noob Saibots and Reptiles to get where I got and still ended up being taken out by a Reptile. Some characters need secondaries more than others, case in point Kabal. While he may have one or two bad MU's, he certainly has less than someone like Shang or Liu. REO really only needs one other character, and it seems as if all of the top players have one or two backups: Detroit(Shang, Kabal, Smoke), CD Jr. (Jax, Smoke) and Pig (Mileena, Kenshi, and Cyber Sub) all have secondaries and thirds that they can go to in order to take care of bad MU's. The chances of anyone winning a tourney with one character have become very small.Like it or not, this has become a MU-based game. I can only imagine what it will be like for me at EVO when I had MU troubles at NCR. I would encourage people to stick with bad MU's when playing extended sets and casuals- you might eventually find something that makes it slightly more manageable. But come tourney time, you need a backup plan.
TLDR: Everyone needs backup characters!!

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
Has any tournament ever thought of eliminating the ''winner stays on the character'' rule, and therefor counter picking will not be so prominent, especially with the Hidden select option in MK.
^^ This. I don't see the reasoning behind it in a game that's become so matchup oriented. It's doing a lot to encourage the counter pick mentality. First to 3 need's to become standard though.

Also if you really are getting Jwong on. No real questions from me but, I want to hear a good debate over why he thinks MK9 is a shit game yet, plays the crap that is Dive Kick Fighter IV and Ultimate Marvel vs Crapcom 3. Which in particular is a broken fucking turd of a game.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
^^ This. I don't see the reasoning behind it in a game that's become so matchup oriented. It's doing a lot to encourage the counter pick mentality. First to 3 need's to become standard though.

Also if you really are getting Jwong on. No real questions from me but, I want to hear a good debate over why he thinks MK9 is a shit game yet, plays the crap that is Dive Kick Fighter IV and Ultimate Marvel vs Crapcom 3. Which in particular is a broken fucking turd of a game.
Justin already said on the Down Fourcast last week that he knows Marvel is broken but he loves it anyway. I'm paraphrasing because I don't remember his exact words but it was definitely to that effect.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Wow over 1000 views already. :D

Whats with all the Wong hate? You guys don't want him?
I met Justin Wong at MLG. That dude is super nice and cool. He talked to me about Raiden a few times and about Mk9 in general. I hope he dedicates more time to the game he will be a problem for all of us lol.