What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 18 with IKizzLE

I forgot about Freddy, not sure who's 12 now, Sektor or Freddy. hmm.

Actually using Sektor in matches and knowing his weaknesses, is much different than playing against a good Sektor and seeing only his strengths.

But whatever. Slips and 16bit, I don't want to argue anymore. If you think Sektor is top 10, good for you. But very few will agree with you. But who am I to say, anyway? When I go to any tourneys, I get blown up. :p

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
So you play IKizzle, and he ALSO tells you he is not top 10, yet you don't think he is right.

And Big D got top 8 with Nightwolf, of all characters, so does that make Nightwolf top 10?? If Brady gets top 8 with Sub-Zero, does that make Sub-Zero top 10?? You're talking some faulty logic.
I think Scorp is bottom 5 does that mean you believe me as well? Of course not.

How many times do I have to repeat this? We never argued before FR that NW was a top 10 character. We never argued before FR that Sub-Zero is a top 10 character. We did argue Sektor is a top 10 character and low and behold look who's is going even with the best of the best; Sektor. Why is it so hard to acknowledge that we knew what we were talking about?

IKizzle also beat one of the better Freddy's at FR as well.

Playing against Sektor means you understand his strengths and weaknesses just as much as the person thats playing with him. That doesn't mean he necessarily knows better.

Until more people play IKizzle, I stand by my logic. He's beastly and he shows the true potential of the character.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hmm, probably, although all this talk of a mirror match not really deciding who is the better player would have applied to our match, so it'll have to wait until I learn Scorpion or Raiden better. Then it will be legit.

Also did you not challenge Shujinkydink to a money match and then back off? I'm a nice little Kettle, no need to call me black :D
I was definitely not using Kenshi on you, it was going to be a surprise

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
lol @ sektor top 10. Sektor is good but I agree with Kizzle and probably put him just outside top 10. STH i love ya man but no way sonya is number 1. Id put her around 4-5 but still top 5. But I also think Freddy is just outside top 5 so what do i know.
I'm trying to look at the facts concerning Sonya. EX cartwheel has to be the best move in the game; safe, moving, armor that goes into huge damage and a reset. Her projectile is way fast for a rush down character. She gets free jump in punches all day due to dive kick respect. She ends every combo in a reset in which she gets a safe 50/50 for up to 15% damage or crazy amounts of chip and meter building/more pressure.

I see the logic is saying that she isn't 1, or even top 5 due to her having a few difficult match ups were characters like Raiden and Kung Lao probably come close to having all 5/5's or better. This is why I don't go crazy into this argument, it's just so hard for me to ignore the facts stated above.

Freddy is one of those characters that on paper seriously has it all. I've just yet to see it constantly applied to confirm my suspicions that he is amazing.

Hmm, probably, although all this talk of a mirror match not really deciding who is the better player would have applied to our match, so it'll have to wait until I learn Scorpion or Raiden better. Then it will be legit.

Also did you not challenge Shujinkydink to a money match and then back off? I'm a nice little Kettle, no need to call me black :D
I couldn't go to final round.

And me and Dink are friends, and we did it for the show.

You on the other hand, state disrespectful statements about Pig, but then, back off because you're too cheap to put money on the line.

You're all talk and you're no show.
But I commend you, you made the SMARTEST decision to run away, because pig would have DESTROYED you.

:)

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
What's disrespectful about saying he won't make top 8 and then saying I was wrong? I guess. But I forgot this is wierd MK land where you can't talk shit because then you're disrespectful and an asshole I guess.

@Pig, who were you gonna use lol CSZ? That woulda been fun.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I'm trying to look at the facts concerning Sonya. EX cartwheel has to be the best move in the game; safe, moving, armor that goes into huge damage and a reset. Her projectile is way fast for a rush down character. She gets free jump in punches all day due to dive kick respect. She ends every combo in a reset in which she gets a safe 50/50 for up to 15% damage or crazy amounts of chip and meter building/more pressure.

I see the logic is saying that she isn't 1, or even top 5 due to her having a few difficult match ups were characters like Raiden and Kung Lao probably come close to having all 5/5's or better. This is why I don't go crazy into this argument, it's just so hard for me to ignore the facts stated above.

Freddy is one of those characters that on paper seriously has it all. I've just yet to see it constantly applied to confirm my suspicions that he is amazing.
I play the Sonya match up all the time. I'm starting to feel it is in Sektors favor, get better son.

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
I think any alien life that was intelligent would have gone through primitive beginnings, and therefore would have developed supernatural beliefs. Then you get religion. And our world likely won`t survive our religious differences combined with destructive technology. It`s hard to imagine any alien civilization getting to the point of intergalatic travel before first destroying themselves over their own geographically-unique religious delusions, land/wealth/resource disputes, and globally destructive weapons.

If a civilization can travel across galaxies, damn straight their technology is dangerous enough to where just ONE nutcase (and there would be a fair share of nutcases because they would imperfect evolved brains) could blow up their entire world. I`d bet on destruction first.

And thanks for the words on the videos. I have THREE Kenshi videos coming out this month. Hope you enjoy.
I agree with you 100% here. Its almost a prerequisite to civilization that the unknown be expressed through religious beliefs. Without offending anyones beliefs, I think any civilizations aiming for class 1 has to overcome the notion that they are not in control of their fate. So on the subject of religious views destroying a civilization well before it could advance to a class 1, that is a very realistic assumption. Careful observation shows that it is happening at this moment in our history.

I look forward to the Kenshi videos! I've recently started playing with tag mode and I find a fun combination to be Kenshi and Skarlet. Something about having a semi pushdown character in concert with kenshi is highly gratifying! When I play I have the hardest time with people like Noob, mileena, and reptile. Skarlet gets me out of those binds. Plus tag combos are just a pleasure to watch; very stylish and classy =)

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
If life was so easy then how come we can't find anything out there? The ocean has got life all over the place but we seem to be the only fish in the sea. Scientists and astrologers have been searching for years. The more they look, the more they realize how rare the conditions for life exist in the universe. They find planets all the time that the same distance from our Sun but the conditions are always too extreme for life.

Its not as simple as a planet being a little too cold or gravity being a little too strong. Its planets having winds up to 1700 mph. Or having ocean's of lava that corrupt the atmosphere of life capabilities. Others are gas-based planets and so on. They recently found a planet where the surface is made up of diamond. There are endless amounts of variables our there. To say say sometihng as simple as 'all you need is water and life will adapt' is just being way to optimistic.

I seriously understand the Theroy of Evolution dude, but you seriously need to think about the extreme conditions it takes for life to even have a chance to begin with.

And once those conditions are met, its gonna be pretty damn close to earth's standards, hence my theory of why any alien species out there will have a strong resemble to our existance.
I believe you are referring to carbon based life. What about nitrogen? Silicon? Neon? Etc...

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I thought Osu 16 Bit complained about holes in kitanas offense a lot

Then came the sektor players

But seriously though, can't we just go back to praising the sektor play of IKizzLE

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I will say this: for not knowing the Sonya matchup, Kizzle held up well against the best Sonya in the world and another top Sonya, so respect there. Dude plays really smart, and definitely changed my opinion on how the Sektor-Sonya match is played.