What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 18 with IKizzLE

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Try to pay closer attention. I'm not going to MLG, how am I supposed to play him?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm not going to ECT either. I already posted about this on page 1 in response to Swift. Paying attention is cool man.

Death

Noob
I'm all for hype but a mirror match in a FT5 will hardly decide whos better with the character. I think both Kizzle and STH are beast sektors. Kizzle impressed the hell outta me at FR. I would like to see a hype match between 16bit vs STH FT5. Maybe at Powerup? But I'm more interested in an WNBA vs Midwest 5v5. Win or lose should be good games.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm all for hype but a mirror match in a FT5 will hardly decide whos better with the character. I think both Kizzle and STH are beast sektors. Kizzle impressed the hell outta me at FR. I would like to see a hype match between 16bit vs STH FT5. Maybe at Powerup? But I'm more interested in an WNBA vs Midwest 5v5. Win or lose should be good games.
16 bit vs STH would be more hype

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

I'm assuming he's going to Flawless Victory instead of PU.

I will play STH at Evo. I will take his scarf. I will wear it on stage for top 8.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Great podcast.

Sektor is an awesome character. Lacks armour, so what. But without armour, you have to get past his B1, D2, F2, Flame, Missiles, Instant Air Teleport punishment.

Fuck.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
L0rdoftheFLY, I actually went 3-2 as well. And I would argue you talked INFINITELY more shit, I only called out 2 players x)

And Slips, I will take up the mantle of Scorpion of America if you commit a great injustice and drop Scorpion. Bet.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I think most JC players will agree with me on this and this is why hes not top 10.
He has way too many bad match ups to be top 10: Kenshi, reptile, kabal, sonya, sektor, freddy, subzero, maybe noob. How can a character be top 10 with 7 bad mu?

@ Slips

Who ever talked out alien HAD NO IDEA about biology or evolution when you talked about alien LOL. Osu 16 Bit was right about alien would not look like human at all. Do you know how many animals out there with different number of hands and feet? Your argument of having 2 hands, 2 feet for aliens is a stupid idea. THERES NO SINGLE PATH EVOLUTION, biggest misconception of Evolution
JC gets zoned by about 6 characters. The rest he beats hard. He's a great counter-pick character. We said it in the podcast, but as this game moves goes on zoning is getting easier to get around, which benefits JC a lot. JC was blowing people up left and right at FR.

I was actually the one that mentioned the evolution thing as well and I stand by my point. There is a VERY specific formula for intelligent life to exist. Life just doesn't pop up wherever it wants. It has to be a specific distance from a star. Have a lot of water. Have clouds to carry water. Have a land. Tame enviornment with very little harsh conditions. Natural resources for life to access and use. ect. Its RIDICULOUS how perfect this planet is to maintain life on it.

Humans are the most advanced living being in these most extreme specific conditions that life is allowed to prosper. Every planet that has life MUST be specifc to Earth's conditions. Which would force any intelligent alien life to appear humanoid.

If we were able to find life in other conditions different than our own, such as life on a planet close to a star or life on a gas-based planet or life on a planet covered in ice, then I agree the possibilities are endless on what intelligent life can appear as. But we haven't, so we have to assume all intelligent life stems from an earth-like planet wihch means humanoid type aliens are the only ones that are feasible. Keep in mind I'm saying 'humanoid' not human. Of course evolution can have a different path with the slightest conditions, but they would have a lot of similarities to us.

Slips

Double post. Double the tightness

Slips don't feel down for the babalities, you are not the only one, cd jr and myself have been babalitied here home too, a babality doesnt mean anything, daaaammnn, sometimes you don't even know when your opponent is not blocking and going for it and you just play your normal game, would be different if you knew he was going for it, daaaammn sometimes cd has babalitied me even letting me know that he won't block. Pls keep repping scorpion and also you can pick another character for his bad matchups, CD senior said that he is sorry and he didn't mean to ridicule anyone, now he feels bad that it affected you, hope you are just trolling =(
lol once I realized he was going for a baby it got even worse cause i started throwing shit out. For some reason i thought him not blocking meant I could do whatever I want. :p Bad idea, it totally psyched me out. It was the last thing I expected so mad props for CD for having the gaul to do it.

I learned a lot the few games I got to play with you and CD. I will stick with Scorpion as there are obvious wholes in my game that aren't Scorpion's fault. Once I feel I've taken Scorp to the limit, I'll pick up a secondary.

And tell CD not to feel bad. After all the shit-talk, I had it comin. :)

Hope you don't quit after MLG either dude, it'd be a waste of talent.

Again, awesome meeting you.

@Slips
It is true that human intelligence might be considered to be high because of comparison to other animals. But have you consider that there is another "specific formula" for A MUCH GREATER intelligent and the aliens would look completely different? This idea that evolution goes one way is just absurd, and the thinking of "humans are the most intelligent and everyone who doesnt look like us is stupid" is just as absurd.

And life is actually not that hard, there is only 1 requirement for life and it is water (Hydrogen and Oxygen are everywhere in the universe). The other stuff can be adaptable. Example, if the planet is too cold they might develop thermal control so they can absorb more energy from a source to warm their bodies. If the gravity is too high, they might have more muscles, more legs, hollow but strong bones so they could be light and they could support their bodies. Seriously Slip you need to study about the Theory of Evolution again, and evolution doesnt always go for the better. Evolution goes for living things that can reproduce.

And we arent that smart. We live in a vast universe that is like a fish in the ocean. We really dont know shit. We barely understand the human and animal bodies. We cant even travel to the NEAREST star. Its like saying a baby can do 1+2=3 is smart, but is he smarter than an adult who can do calculus? That is the same thing with human, we are smart compare to other animals but what about the universe that might have infinite possibilities of life and intelligence

Slips

@Slips
It is true that human intelligence might be considered to be high because of comparison to other animals. But have you consider that there is another "specific formula" for A MUCH GREATER intelligent and the aliens would look completely different? This idea that evolution goes one way is just absurd, and the thinking of "humans are the most intelligent and everyone who doesnt look like us is stupid" is just as absurd.

And life is actually not that hard, there is only 1 requirement for life and it is water (Hydrogen and Oxygen are everywhere in the universe). The other stuff can be adaptable. Example, if the planet is too cold they might develop thermal control so they can absorb more energy from a source to warm their bodies. If the gravity is too high, they might have more muscles, more legs, hollow but strong bones so they could be light and they could support their bodies. Seriously Slip you need to study about the Theory of Evolution again, and evolution doesnt always go for the better. Evolution goes for living things that can reproduce.

And we arent that smart. We live in a vast universe that is like a fish in the ocean. We really dont know shit. We barely understand the human and animal bodies. We cant even travel to the NEAREST star. Its like saying a baby can do 1+2=3 is smart, but is he smarter than an adult who can do calculus? That is the same thing with human, we are smart compare to other animals but what about the universe that might have infinite possibilities of life and intelligence
If life was so easy then how come we can't find anything out there? The ocean has got life all over the place but we seem to be the only fish in the sea. Scientists and astrologers have been searching for years. The more they look, the more they realize how rare the conditions for life exist in the universe. They find planets all the time that the same distance from our Sun but the conditions are always too extreme for life.

Its not as simple as a planet being a little too cold or gravity being a little too strong. Its planets having winds up to 1700 mph. Or having ocean's of lava that corrupt the atmosphere of life capabilities. Others are gas-based planets and so on. They recently found a planet where the surface is made up of diamond. There are endless amounts of variables our there. To say say sometihng as simple as 'all you need is water and life will adapt' is just being way to optimistic.

I seriously understand the Theroy of Evolution dude, but you seriously need to think about the extreme conditions it takes for life to even have a chance to begin with.

And once those conditions are met, its gonna be pretty damn close to earth's standards, hence my theory of why any alien species out there will have a strong resemble to our existance.

If life was so easy then how come we can't find anything out there? The ocean has got life all over the place but we seem to be the only fish in the sea. Scientists and astrologers have been searching for years. The more they look, the more they realize how rare the conditions for life exist in the universe. They find planets all the time that the same distance from our Sun but the conditions are always too extreme for life.

Its not as simple as a planet being a little too cold or gravity being a little too strong. Its planets having winds up to 1700 mph. Or having ocean's of lava that corrupt the atmosphere of life capabilities. Others are gas-based planets and so on. They recently found a planet where the surface is made up of diamond. There are endless amounts of variables our there. To say say sometihng as simple as 'all you need is water and life will adapt' is just being way to optimistic.

I seriously understand the Theroy of Evolution dude, but you seriously need to think about the extreme conditions it takes for life to even have a chance to begin with.

And once those conditions are met, its gonna be pretty damn close to earth's standards, hence my theory of why any alien species out there will have a strong resemble to our existance.
We cant find life anywhere is like how an ant in your garden cant find the ocean. Even though the ocean is so big and obvious to our eyes, the vision of our knowledge is like an ant in the garden. We know nothing about the vast universe. Water=life. Theres only 1 requirement

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Lol Osu 16 Bit

I'm gonna definitely bring u a kung Lao hat at EVO
And in response I'm Gonna pull out my Fans. Also I never told anyone anything negative, only thing I said was I don't think u had played a kenshi like that. I respect u too much as a player to say anything else

Slips I have full confidence in you, you r e an extremely smart player

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
I'm all for hype and various rivalries, but the challenge issued in this podcast simply doesn't make sense.

A Sektor mirror will hardly prove whether Sektor has major deficiencies as a character; it'll only prove which person is better acquainted with one specific match-up. There are too many variables that would make results entirely inconclusive. Skill difference, match-up experience, and Sektor's ability (or inability) to exploit these specific weaknesses (opposed to a different character) could all potentially invalidate a first-to-five seeking to prove Sektor's tier placement. Determining something like overall superiority, whether it be personal character mastery or character tier placement, requires a lengthy history of results and a certain degree of consistency.

Having STH and IKizzle play is great, and I'm sure it'd be a fantastic match, but claiming it would prove anything about a character's status on the tier list or a person's knowledge of the character as a whole (when the focus should be on performance in all match-ups) is somewhat outlandish.

I also disagree with some of the reasoning used in the podcast. Statements about IKizzle beating people who used "better" characters were used to reinforce the statement that Sektor is roughly seventh overall. Once again, there are simply too many variables for a statement like this to hold weight. This would only be applicable with consistency over a long span of time, not after a guy meets and plays people for the first time(?) throughout a single weekend. MLG may very well lend credence to the exposure of Sektor or STH, but it'll be in the tournament, not in a first-to-five mirror-match.

That said, I'd much rather see STH and 16-Bit play. There's a genuine backstory and something can most assuredly be proven. Maybe this will be possible one day.

On a side note, it feels as though an extreme degree of trash talk is becoming a fad. I noticed that, shortly following the VSM vs Mid-West 5 v5, people started talking much bigger. One can safely assume that this is because such behavior led to a hugely successful event. Hopefully this doesn't doesn't get out of hand and breed too much hostility because the thing I've always appreciated about this community was the, well...

gdf

Noob
lol just got to the part talking about Kusoru.
What's funny is that the game he kept flashing at the screen, has pretty much been my sig since forever. (Same franchise, different incarnation)

jamessmk

I am your god
On a side note, it feels as though an extreme degree of trash talk is becoming a fad. I noticed that, shortly following the VSM vs Mid-West 5 v5, people started talking much bigger. One can safely assume that this is because such behavior led to a hugely successful event. Hopefully this doesn't doesn't get out of hand and breed too much hostility because the thing I've always appreciated about this community was the, well...

I agree the community needs to be mature. Personal jabs and malicious jabs will not be tolerated. At the end of the day it is to be for fun. Beat a man, make a friend, have a beer. It is the one thing the seperates us from other hate filled scenes