What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 17 with Lord of the Fly

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
what can be bigger than another player calling you out and saying you only win because you do not play against good players? if someone says that about me my number one priority would be to fight this person

the truth is you are trying to make it look like vsm don't adknowledge the quality of players from other places and that we think we are the only good players out there and nobody in vsm thinks this way

Not all of you do but pretending like nobody does is a joke.

I want to remind everyone REO made this challenge for the 5 on 5 and CD Jr said he'd see me and Slips at Final Round after I won SCR. Thanks to Pig's great promotion the community chose this event to be our biggest pre-EVO major MONTHS ago. Most of us made our travel arrangements a long time ago. Meanwhile you guys act like divas, with the "will we or won't we go!" drama and now asking for special privileges because you didn't pre-register even though the TO was posting daily warnings in giant text. Look, we all get it's not easy to travel to these tournaments. It's a big commitment and no one expected MLG. Other top players have had to back out. But they're not going around talking shit. VSM can't be butt hurt because I called them out and dared them to show up for a challenge they fucking started.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
All energy knows its going to die and transfer into something less significant. The only known energy that is self sustaining and cannot die is the survival of life and its created offspring. Thats why I think its instinct to try and do something great for the human race. And if you can't, make some babies and maybe they will be able to.

Think about it. Eventually, all stars will die. All energy in the universe will be condensed into an insignificant state. The only thing that is known that is able to manipulate energy and bend it to its will is mankind.

When you think about it, mankind is the only hope for the universe. Hopefully we don't kill eachother before all is lost.
Am i going to be labeled crazy for saying that i completely understood what slips said in the podcast?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
i read somewhere awhile back about Jesus Christ being documented in historical text of his day so according to that he probably did exist, everything else though is pure faith
He did historically speaking, but that's the thing the Buddha and Mohamed existed too as well as other religious figures, which makes sense because there would obvoiously have to be someone promoting the faith. Not saying whether or not such deities exist or not, I'm neutral on the subject to be honest.

LEGEND

YES!
He did historically speaking, but that's the thing the Buddha and Mohamed existed too as well as other religious figures, which makes sense because there would obvoiously have to be someone promoting the faith. Not saying whether or not such deities exist or not, I'm neutral on the subject to be honest.
i'm somewhat neutral on the subject, i was raised Christian and know alot about that side of the topic and one of the arguments i used to here people talk about is how Jesus never even existed. . .and that was pretty much all they had

anyway i see things differently now but still believe in a created "reality", i don't believe any religion has the answers though

the one fact you can hold on to is that everything has a cause to its effect, in turn something caused the universe to "unfold". wether you believe in a sentient creator or not is all personal preference

this post wasn't all directed at you btw

jamessmk

I am your god
Religion, Energy, and MK. There are no better combinations for discussion. With my last bit of self created energy, I will pray to Jesus, to make sure VSM gets down to FR and brings the smack down once and for all :O Btw if VSM Does win, will they never again be called REGIONAL players? Or is the next stop a EUROPEAN tour? :)

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
You're acting like life is some big huge giant mystery that is unexplained and completely baffling. It's not. It's quite simple. And we aren't special. To say that there is no other life out there would be completely absurd, and I already know you agree with that part. But I propose that there is life ALL OVER the universe. Earth has life because earth CAN have life. It's probably the same on every other habitable planet. But that's a different discussion.

Lol, if you understand anything about molecular biology, you will know that life is incredibly far from simple. You're talking about life as though we still have a an 18th/19th century Darwinian understanding of it at the most fundamental level. This is not the case.

I am yet to be convinced that there is so much as single-celluar life on planets other than our own. Many are the requirements and boy are they specific. It's only lay people who of life in this way, most astro physicists have very deep concerns over the plausibility of life on other planets, especially since nobody has a clue how the first singl-celled organism could have come to exist our own planet in the first place. It's not just DNA (Lol@ just DNA which is essentially coded information , which is stored more condensely than any device man has ever created), that you need. You need the molecular machines to unwind and decipher the information along the double helix.

The reason it is so hard for somebody to imagine earth is the only planet in the entire Universe with life on it is because it makes us all thinkmore deeply about our own existence and the nature of our own origins. By the way, for all the trillions of stars in the known Universe, and for all the billions of years worht of time you want to give it, the developement of life as complex as our own here on Earth is so unlikely it's not really worth considering until there is actual evidence of it. There is 0 evidence to date.

LEGEND

YES!
Am i going to be labeled crazy for saying that i completely understood what slips said in the podcast?
na

though i totally see how confusing it may have sounded to someone that didn't know where he was coming from. I can't blame anyone for not getting it

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Lol, if you understand anything about molecular biology, you will know that life is incredibly far from simple. You're talking about life as though we still have a an 18th/19th century Darwinian understanding of it at the most fundamental level. This is not the case.

I am yet to be convinced that there is so much as single-celluar life on planets other than our own. Many are the requirements and boy are they specific. It's only lay people who of life in this way, most astro physicists have very deep concerns over the plausibility of life on other planets, especially since nobody has a clue how the first singl-celled organism could have come to exist our own planet in the first place. It's not just DNA (Lol@ just DNA which is essentially coded information , which is stored more condensely than any device man has ever created), that you need. You need the molecular machines to unwind and decipher the information along the double helix.

The reason it is so hard for somebody to imagine earth is the only planet in the entire Universe with life on it is because it makes us all thinkmore deeply about our own existence and the nature of our own origins. By the way, for all the trillions of stars in the known Universe, and for all the billions of years worht of time you want to give it, the developement of life as complex as our own here on Earth is so unlikely it's not really worth considering until there is actual evidence of it. There is 0 evidence to date.
Like I said in my post, I knew that was a different discussion so I didn't really go into it. It was my own proposal so it really didn't apply too much to the argument. I was just pointing out that it's not so absurd that you have to come to the conclusion "something is going on here" implying intervention from a higher power.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Fly man quit bullshittin, you know i'm the real NW. lol
but on a real note "if you've lost to me online, than you're just a terrible player"lol
daaaaamn I guess I'm terrible, and what do you have, like over 850 player match wins. daaaaamn there a lot of us terrible players out there.lol
Lol dude...I just want people to know I don't take online seriously. Even if I beat someone online I don't really think they suck...how hypocritical would that be.

Also, the Sektor forums are one of the friendliest and most helpful character forums here. No respectable Sektor player thinks that he's underpowered - pretty much all of us agree that he is one of the most balanced in the game. Though his 6-frame jab is very good, it is not as godlike as everyone thinks it is.
Yeah, just got around to listening to the podcast and I have know idea what the fuck you guys are going on about the Sektor community, that week SwiftTomHanks though he sucked notwithstanding.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Every north east tourney can be broken down into the following groups:

VSM Contenders %
Non-VSM Contenders %
Non Contenders %

The higher the Non-VSM Contender % is, the more impressive the win is for VSM. I doubt many tourneys where VSM is present have a high % of Non-VSM contenders, which is the point Ketchup and others are trying to make.

I'm just spit balling here. It's really impressive on an individual basis (CDjr) to win tourneys where lots of VSM is present because of how good they are, but we're just talking VSM vs. non-VSM here. And there haven't been enough tourneys in which VSM is mingling with other kommunities. They'll be fun to watch.

I want to see CDjr fight as many non-VSM contenders as possible, because I wonder if he constantly wins the VSM tourneys because 1. he's in VSM's head or 2. he's just that good.