What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 17 with Lord of the Fly

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Hold up...I'm at the 40 minute mark and 16Bit tells Fly that if Nightwolf gets Top 8 Fly will be considered "the best Nightwolf" right? Then how is it that Tom Brady isn't "The best Sub Zero" despite the constant Top 8 placements?
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Because Denzell is the best Sub. He placed top 8 at EVO and SCR with him...duh? It's not like Tom played the character through whole tournaments ever and made Top 8 with him. He needs to take notes.

;)

I ain't gonna lie - I've only been to a few local tourneys, and I ain't good. But if I had more skill and was called on to be a podcast, I would be a little more humble about myself, and others in the community. It's sad if this kind of arrogance is considered "hype". This kind of attitude just looks bad for the whole MK community and causes hate. I wish I was able to go to FR to witness these call-out matches.

P.S. Penalize (pe as 'pee') is an absolutely correct way to say it.

fell asleep
woke up to see tym still opened
is now wondering what the hell is all this pertentious meaning of life garbage everyones going on about 0.o

did some peta member just complain about killing in MK or something? =p

Also, the Sektor forums are one of the friendliest and most helpful character forums here. No respectable Sektor player thinks that he's underpowered - pretty much all of us agree that he is one of the most balanced in the game. Though his 6-frame jab is very good, it is not as godlike as everyone thinks it is.

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
Armor should be removed from the game in most cases, period... NRS just gave out armor like candy and it effected the game extremely negatively imo.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
The question as to why we have instincts was my main point. Why do we have the instinct to survive if we are all one energy anyway? We are going to die and our energy will be transferred into something else. So why do we fear death? Whats the big deal? Why were the rules of how life is created set if there wasn't purpose? Why couldn't Earth just remain a lifeless planet if life's energy is just as meaningless and inanimate as the Sun's?

Life can manipulate energy. Or as someone put more eloquently, consciousness can manipulate energy. But energy made consciousness. So is it not safe to say that consciousness is the evolution of energy? Is it not safe to say that consciousness was created by energy for some sort of purpose?

And ultimately, is that purpose to preserve energy's survival? Did the Sun's energy make consciousness in hopes we are able to break away from this galaxy and live on forever as we make children in hopes they achieve something great for mankind so our names will live on forever? Thats what I've been trying to say, but not doing a good job obviously. :p I'll put it like this. The purpose of energy is to have a continuous existence threw consciousness.

Ultimately, I'm talking over my own head. But appreciate the discussion. Its intriguing.
There's a lot of good and important questions here. If only there were a way to find an exact answer for then. Other than that we're really just speculating. But you're right, intriguing conversation for sure. I'm just glad other people think about this stuff.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Fly man quit bullshittin, you know i'm the real NW. lol
but on a real note "if you've lost to me online, than you're just a terrible player"lol
daaaaamn I guess I'm terrible, and what do you have, like over 850 player match wins. daaaaamn there a lot of us terrible players out there.lol

armor is the fastest/cheapest way to improve the game without actually spending time/money studying the philosophy of the game. the mk team has never put in the hard work of studying, assessing, and really radically changing mk for the better. they've radically changed it for the worse, but sending something into the crapper is easy, imo.

for example, it's easy as hell to tear a house down once it's built, but it's hard damn work to build that house from foundation up. now, once your house is up, you can let it sit and make no improvements whatsoever or you can budget, plan and make sure that your house gets the proper improvements that it will surely need. obviously, if you don't make improvements your house won't immediately become an eyesore--i mean, you can slap a fresh coat of paint on it every 3 or 4 years to make it look nice, but the facade can only mask the creaking floor joists, sinking foundation, and shitty wiring for so long before your house either sinks or bursts into flames-- or before you have spend a shitload of money to fix it.

i realize some people may not like armor, but what is the alternative if nrs won't sit down and think hard about which properties should stay and which should get the axe. plus, i'm not so sure if fans would be very happy with the answers. hell, maybe i'm wrong and nrs actually does know those answers, but they may also know that if people can't do "x signature move" that they will throw a bitch fit, even though "x signature move" is probably OP/broken and shouldn't be in MK, hence the armor fairy.
I dont know if NRS put the effort into this game in the way we all would have liked. but I afree about the armor, it is a cheap and easy way to deal with balance issues and stuff in the game.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
These podcasts are seriously rad. Yes I said rad. I DIED and was buried when the terminator music cued after 16 bit's monologue! Great shit! On a side note; Am I in the minority here in believing in Jesus Christ?

Also, you guys have a great chemistry together. It's like a hit sitcom...it would fail without the three of you...if one was removed it wouldn't work...you know? Good shit as always!

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Daaaaaaaaaaamn that VSM callout was epic. That had to be written down in advance! Hype, but hype that may never be realised.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
These podcasts are seriously rad. Yes I said rad. I DIED and was buried when the terminator music cued after 16 bit's monologue! Great shit! On a side note; Am I in the minority here in believing in Jesus Christ?

Also, you guys have a great chemistry together. It's like a hit sitcom...it would fail without the three of you...if one was removed it wouldn't work...you know? Good shit as always!
you aren't the only one.

And yeah... it is amazing how chemistry works huh?

I was pissed about that but it's bigger than that, I want all of them.
what can be bigger than another player calling you out and saying you only win because you do not play against good players? if someone says that about me my number one priority would be to fight this person

the truth is you are trying to make it look like vsm don't adknowledge the quality of players from other places and that we think we are the only good players out there and nobody in vsm thinks this way

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
what can be bigger than another player calling you out and saying you only win because you do not play against good players? if someone says that about me my number one priority would be to fight this person

the truth is you are trying to make it look like vsm don't adknowledge the quality of players from other places and that we think we are the only good players out there and nobody in vsm thinks this way
you carry yourselves that way. Whether you know it or not.

LEGEND

YES!
On a side note; Am I in the minority here in believing in Jesus Christ?
i read somewhere awhile back about Jesus Christ being documented in historical text of his day so according to that he probably did exist, everything else though is pure faith

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Riu, I totally believe that.

I've listened to a few podcasts with VSM guests on and I get that. However, I will say this:

Whether its fair or not, I believe most people view CDjr as the face of the MK branch of VSM. By all accounts, including his own family members, CDjr is not the most mature person playing this game and he portrays/infers that many people outside of the VSM community are free. The only person I can think of off the top of my head outside of NY that CDjr respects is DetroitBallin... who just became a member of VSM. There are many great players in VSM with good attitudes towards the community, I'm just not sure CDjr is one of them (and thats fine, when you have his kind of tournament success, who the hell is humble?)

I love watching VSM play because you're all very skilled, but this is the vibe that the MK community gets from VSM, whether its fair or not.