What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 17 with Lord of the Fly

jamessmk

I am your god
LOTF I wish you the best at FR. Keep in mind Rocky was a nobody before he faced Apollo. But, if Rocky had not lost the first time by decision there would be no Rocky 16. Key is he did not get knocked the fuck out. Keep your guard up and avoid a knockout punch. Because if you do you will be Lord of the glass jaw. Good luck

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Not to that extent, no. Brain dead armor is dumb. He deserves it on his teleport I guess but honestly why does he need it on round house?
To justify spending the meter, and to give him some sort of threat when he has the meter.. i dont see it as being unfair at all

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
You do know that eventually the sun will burn out and mankind will be screwed unless we've found out how to space travel? Also, many many many years from now, the Universe will eventually go dark and there will be no way possible for life to exist anywhere. And how do you know mankind is the only hope? Are you suggesting that out of the massive Universe we're the only life in it? Even further, hope for what? We can't prevent the Universe from essentially killing itself.
Thats kinda what I was getting at. If mankind is able to learn space travel and prolong its existence, we might be able to master the universe and its energies to prevent the universe from turning 'dark'. Life (mankind) is the only thing we know of that can manipulate matter's energy to its will. If matter and its energy is inevitably doomed is the evolution of matter and its energy 'life'? Did matter's energy create life so that life could master matter's energy and survive? Were we created to save the universe from its inevitable killing of itself? I'm thinking yea, and thats the meaning of life.

And there may be life on other planets. The universe is made up of infinite possibilities making it pretty feasible. But until they find us or we find them we have to assume we are the most advanced civilization.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Thats kinda what I was getting at. If mankind is able to learn space travel and prolong its existence, we might be able to master the universe and its energies to prevent the universe from turning 'dark'. Life (mankind) is the only thing we know of that can manipulate matter's energy to its will. If matter and its energy is inevitably doomed is the evolution of matter and its energy 'life'? Did matter's energy create life so that life could master matter's energy and survive? Were we created to save the universe from its inevitable killing of itself? I'm thinking yea, and thats the meaning of life.

And there may be life on other planets. The universe is made up of infinite possibilities making it pretty feasible. But until they find us or we find them we have to assume we are the most advanced civilization.
We all know that this is what you think about in two places ... the shower and the shitter!!!
Good stuff as always. Some people need to learn to not get all butt hurt when they get called out.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Rains armour isnt brain dead, it works if you're using it to its maximum effectiveness you have to be good at hit confirming and making a read on what type of attack the opponent is going to do.

If you just throw out an Ex RH the armour wont work on cross overs.

Rain doesnt really have much going for him:

- OK footsies
- High damage
- Can trade lightning with ice balls and nets
- Meter Drain

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

You're acting like life is some big huge giant mystery that is unexplained and completely baffling. It's not. It's quite simple. And we aren't special. To say that there is no other life out there would be completely absurd, and I already know you agree with that part. But I propose that there is life ALL OVER the universe. Earth has life because earth CAN have life. It's probably the same on every other habitable planet. But that's a different discussion.

Secondly, there are the laws of physics that make up our entire universe. Those rules are SET. At least as far as we know. There may be discoveries out there that overturn what we currently know... that is a possibility but we have no reason to believe that at this time.

So it's these rules that say "this makes life habitable here." Atoms are atoms no matter where you are in the universe. Heat/energy makes atoms move faster and further apart. Our planet HAPPENS to be at a specific distance from the sun for liquid water which allowed proteins, DNA, etc to form. We pretty much know how life started. Maybe not the exact specifics but so far we have a pretty good idea.

I pretty much agree with 16 bit on everything when it comes to his religious/scientific views but there was one BIG one on this show that irked me. The idea that life on earth was a random incident is entirely false. Anyone who says they know what evolution is and uses the word "random" or "coincidence" in the same sentence doesn't fully understand evolution.

"Evolution is not a random process. The genetic variation on which natural selection acts may occur randomly, but natural selection itself is not random at all. The survival and reproductive success of an individual is directly related to the ways its inherited traits function in the context of its local environment. Whether or not an individual survives and reproduces depends on whether it has genes that produce traits that are well adapted to its environment. "

So this brings up the BIG questions. Where did the laws of physics come from? How were they set? NOW we're getting into some heavy shit. These are questions we don't have answers to. And instead of automatically selecting an answer and vigilantly defending it... we should collectively spend more of our time, as a human race, finding these answers.

What YOU'RE saying is that without a doubt we were created by something and put here for a reason. How do you just COME to this conclusion?

matterovermind

mindundermatter
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, SwiftTomHanks. I'll be rooting for you just because of that call out. But also shout outs to lotf for putting himself out there.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
All energy knows its going to die and transfer into something less significant. The only known energy that is self sustaining and cannot die is the survival of life and its created offspring. Thats why I think its instinct to try and do something great for the human race. And if you can't, make some babies and maybe they will be able to.

Think about it. Eventually, all stars will die. All energy in the universe will be condensed into an insignificant state. The only thing that is known that is able to manipulate energy and bend it to its will is mankind.

When you think about it, mankind is the only hope for the universe. Hopefully we don't kill eachother before all is lost.
I agree with a little correction, it is not mankind that can manipulate energy, it is the consciousness that can, which being present in the human being makes it possible for us to manipulate energy more or less.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I kind of get what Slips is saying. Its like transhumanism. The thought that eventually humans will evolve into something more, like mecha which would be the decendants of mankind and ultimately be our legacy. Like that movie AI with that 6th Sense kid.

Altaire

Noob
LOTF I wish you the best at FR. Keep in mind Rocky was a nobody before he faced Apollo. But, if Rocky had not lost the first time by decision there would be no Rocky 16. Key is he did not get knocked the fuck out. Keep your guard up and avoid a knockout punch. Because if you do you will be Lord of the glass jaw. Good luck
You mean Rocky 1-6, right?

Either that, or I'm forgetting about Rocky 16, where Rocky wakes up from a coma in the year 3000 to enter a boxing match against the alien champ, and Apollo Creed is brought back from the dead as a head in a jar on a robot body.

...Whoops. Spoilers.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Also, I think Fly should run a gauntlet against Foxy, Glue, Ketchup, and Mustard. If he loses to all of them, he must do a rain dance around the nearest city block.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Hey guize...what if...that which we call "laws of physics"

are God?

...lol well enough about metaphysics and what not.

FR seems to be getting even more exciting by the day.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Hey guize...what if...that which we call "laws of physics"

are God?

...lol well enough about metaphysics and what not.

FR seems to be getting even more exciting by the day.
That's what Einsten and Hawking are referring to when they mention god in their writings. It's really just a metaphor for the unknown and the constant struggle to understand the unknown.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage

We're really not special. There's certainly other inhabitable planets outside of our galaxy. But may we be the first to reach that point? Perhaps; but at the same point I don't want anyone putting microchips and nanomites in my brain and turning me into a robot. I'd prefer death over that. I don't like the thought of someone having control over my brain.

http://econintersect.com/b2evolution/blog1.php/2012/01/18/50-million-more-earths-in-the-milky-way

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yes, K7 was correct about penalized.

Also, I was even baked myself when listening to this podcast and Slips made no fucking sense. Energy isn't sentient. The fuck are you talking about.