What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 16 THE RETURN OF TOM BRADY!

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I will try my damnedest and hardest to get a plane ticket to GGA to watch the 16 Bit/Slips TMNT money match.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Didn't they say that the arcade cabinet of TMNT was programmed to basically get so hard you couldn't win in one life?

What could change that would matter? Using the proper strategy enemies simply cannot hit you.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
lol.... i invite you to try and 10-0 my Kenshi. You have a PSN id? or maybe at EVO we'll do it in front of everyone in a money match. i'll lay down any amount of money you want that you cannot 10-0 me with Cyrax.
Im game, im confident enough in this MU. I'll take you, Pig and any other Kenshi out there. I'll be glad to take all of your money

There's a big possibility i might go to CEO and an even bigger possibility for EVO.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Im game, im confident enough in this MU. I'll take you, Pig and any other Kenshi out there. I'll be glad to take all of your money

There's a big possibility i might go to CEO and an even bigger possibility for EVO.
I'll see u at both

CEO I'll take your money
Evo I'll offer u a double or nothing run back

Thanks for assisting me in paying for my evo trip

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I'll see u at both

CEO I'll take your money
Evo I'll offer u a double or nothing run back

Thanks for assisting me in paying for my evo trip
Ya'll think im talking out of my ass lol that i don't know what im talking about, but it's all good, i like em confident makes winning that much sweeter! ;)

I'll be looking forward to it!

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
There is footage on YouTube of someone beating TMNT without dying. You can totally see my strategy in effect. The guy blows up Krang without being hit.
We discussed this through text but I'll post here as well. This game isn't as easy as those youtube vids look. Yes, you have a better vertical hitbox than most of the enemies in the game. But that is a given. That is how it works in EVERY beat'em up game to give you the advantage. Its not like you were educating me on that.

If you had beaten that game in one life, you would remember the small nuances to beat certain levels in that game. Your fundamental strategy that we all already know about is not enough to beat certain levels. The sewer stage is impossible to beat by just running around abusing the vertical hitbox. There's sometihng very specific you have to do in order to beat that stage without dying. The same applies to the helicopter stage. And if you had beaten this game without dying you would know what these are.

I'm not saying 16 Bit can't do it or won't. But he said he already did. And when I brought up how hard certain levels were like the sewer stage and the helicopter stage, he didn't mention the specifics on HOW to beat these stages.

He didn't mention on the sewer stage you HAVE to stay on the ledge of the level to avoid getting hit otherwise the stage is impossible. When I mentioned the helicopter stage, his answer was just stay in the left hand corner and jump kick the helicopters which is dead wrong. You have to not kill any enemies for 5 minutes. Then when you do kill the enemies, the stage has already ran its course and it won't have time to launch the helicopters that drop bombs which have no clear cut way to kill without being hit. When I mentioned the spear foot soldiers he didn't mention a very specific attack you need in order to beat them, cause the vertical hitbox strat does not work consistently on them.

All of this being said, the game is STILL hard. I've come close to doing it, pretty much if you can get passed the helicopter stage the difficulty resets and you'll be good. Which is another thing he didn't mention.

So anyway, thats why I blew up about it. If you had beaten this game without dying, you would take more pride in beating it with the knowledge, research and hard work you had to do to beat it. You would show more respect. Cause that game is fucking hard. Not blow it off with a condecending remark preaching about a fundamental strat that everyone already knows about in all beat'em ups.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Tom is correct

the grey is a great movie And really has nothing to do w wolves

W all religious talk between 16 bit , Slips anD every guest on the show you guys mentioned the grey and couldn't discuss it in a religion sense side no one saw it

It's that but a lot more

Panque

Random foreign guy
I'll 10-0 any Kenshi player with cyrax, no resets... If cyrax trades tele flurry with net, cyrax wins. Any EX zoning move that kenshi does is caught in a net trade. Cyrax's up close game is miles ahead of Kenshi's. People are high on this character, but as far as the Cyrax MU goes he won't win it. Cyrax on wakeup negates any zoning move Kenshi has with AA throw, do this from fullscreen and you're immediately in striking range.

Cyrax owns him from fullscreen to long range. Other than Sub i don't boast about any other Cyrax MU more than Kenshi's.
Guess that means you could 10-0 any Sub player with Cyrax without resets as well. :coffee:

Djmilez

Noob
Yo I think we "All know what you're saying" Tom Brady! But yo fuck the haterz bro, hide yo kids and hide yo wife because Tom Brady don't give a fuck about all ya Jabronis out there. HOLD DAT!!!

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
First time I've listened to this podcast, and I'm sold. Good shit from K7, 16bit, and Slips. I plan on going back and listening to all 15 of the pdcasts I missed prior. Keep these rolling.

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
Think the top 10 is really accurate, after that it get's messy. I also think nightwolf is pretty bad, and I dont think sub zero is really that low... hmm maybe I should pick up one of this higher tier characters and see how much better I do....