What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 16 THE RETURN OF TOM BRADY!

M2Dave

Zoning Master
A week ago i told you that smoke destroyed him in that MU and you said the smoke MU was winnable and leaning towards 5-5. What changed your mind man?
I never said so. I think Freddy loses 7:3 to Smoke. It is 6:4 without resets. Shake and teleport are not an issue. It is the smoke bomb + resets that wreck Freddy.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
MIT, the problem is matchup numbers come into play, which is what the tier list is based on. Cage seems like he'd be a choice for top 10 until you realize other characters straight up have a lot more favorable numbers. In all honesty, it's hard to even say the bottom tiers are absolutely useless anyway.

Besides, Denzel proved that you can take a bottom tier really far. So in the end, it will be about the player anyway.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Tom said he had a hard time putting Cage so low. Personally, I think Cage is absolutely disgusting and should never be outside of top 10.

THTB

Tom said he had a hard time putting Cage so low. Personally, I think Cage is absolutely disgusting and should never be outside of top 10.
Believe me, when I did my tier list a while back, I had so much trouble placing Cage, so I know how Tom feels. When you fight him, at times it can feel like he's like top 5 lol. But in the grand scheme of it all, there's a lot of chances he's working harder than the other character, and his numbers do really back that up.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Believe me, when I did my tier list a while back, I had so much trouble placing Cage, so I know how Tom feels. When you fight him, at times it can feel like he's like top 5 lol. But in the grand scheme of it all, there's a lot of chances he's working harder than the other character, and his numbers do really back that up.
Possibly. He is very tough to place so low down. Whenever I think of cage I just think of how broken he looks in Foxy's hands and I can't see him outside of top 10 lol. Absolutely can't.

What are the chances of a weighted tier list changing his placement?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I agree with tom for the most part, i didnt think like he did, but when he said things about kenshi and others i realized his logic. good shit.

I have a feeling Tom is overrating a lot of Cage's matchups, like Freddy at 7-3 in Freddy's favor or something. If he releases matchup numbers we could see it in better light.

THTB

Honestly, Playpal, if you were to weight the list, he would barely move at all.

salvificblood That's because Foxy is one of those players who wrecks with whoever he picks up. He himself is pretty far up there...and judging from how he is talked about over there, he is likely just extremely far ahead of everyone.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
If this tier list was to be taken as gospel, which it wont but IF it was... all it proves is that mostly all of the characters are good to compete with. Especially if the community can rarely agree on a list

I wouldnt say I make Cage look like bottom 10, or Detroit makes Shang look bottom 10 in comparison to other characters that are top 5 for example.

THTB

Now I don't particularly agree on #1, but I do think Raiden's up there and I share Tom's philosophy on him: He doesn't really dominate any character in the game. People feel he has like 7-3s vs like Noob and Sindel and whatnot. That's when you play the matchup far too one-dimensional. It's when you pick your shots more methodically that you realize it's not so dumb.

Him being #1 really doesn't show anything other than his numbers are favorable. You can still have characters that can function as alts for Raiden...there's a lot of characters who fill niche matchup roles in this game. Playing this is sorta like Pokemon...you can be low tier, but fill holes in a player's lineup.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
only thing I have a gripe with is that quan and skarlet are a bit too low and sektor is a bit too high

Shadow Zero Kyo

(VSM) Leader of the Tarkatans and I am Shazam
This podcast is awesome, my favorite. Tom brady ftw. Btw am I godlike for playing and maining baraka.....the most horrible character in the game? lol jk.....I will win with baraka someday, trust me.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Now I don't particularly agree on #1, but I do think Raiden's up there and I share Tom's philosophy on him: He doesn't really dominate any character in the game. People feel he has like 7-3s vs like Noob and Sindel and whatnot. That's when you play the matchup far too one-dimensional. It's when you pick your shots more methodically that you realize it's not so dumb.
When zoning characters like Freddy and Kitana lose 6:4 to Raiden, there is no way a character like Noob does too. Raiden vs Noob is definitely a 7:3 match up.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Noob @ 16 is lol

I don't agree with Skarlet and Nightwolf's placement either, swap them. Other than that, I agree.

Him being #1 really doesn't show anything other than his numbers are favorable. You can still have characters that can function as alts for Raiden...there's a lot of characters who fill niche matchup roles in this game. Playing this is sorta like Pokemon...you can be low tier, but fill holes in a player's lineup.
I've been hoping for a pokemon fighting game. I'd fly around with moltres and fuck shit up.

...I feel like I missed the point of your post.

THTB

When zoning characters like Freddy and Kitana lose 6:4 to Raiden, there is no way a character like Noob does too. Raiden vs Noob is definitely a 7:3 match up.
If you sling projectiles without any sorta thought, yes Noob loses 7-3. When you aren't just doing that, the matchup becomes way more doable.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If you sling projectiles without any sorta thought, yes Noob loses 7-3. When you aren't just doing that, the matchup becomes way more doable.
Seriously, what is Noob going to do when Raiden has a life lead? Which he gets pretty easily.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Freddy does twice as much damage as Noob, has a safe 50/50 mix up with one bar that leads to 45% combos, has safer projectiles and full screen frame traps, and still loses 6:4 to Raiden. And you are telling me Noob also loses 6:4? LOL. No.

This tier list is accurate, but it is also somewhat biased. Sub Zero is not that bad.