What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 14 with Hitoshura

Altaire

Noob
Hitoshura

your post says it all I suppose. Keep my name out your mouth plz and I'll forget you said shit.

Altaire

quit getting your friends to fight your battles for you.
You say that after Jimmy had to come in and do just that for you. The difference is that I already called you out when I had a problem with you, and Hito just backed me up on what I had already said. In contrast, Jimmy responded in your stead before you even had your foot in the door.

Good talk.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
You say that after Jimmy had to come in and do just that for you. The difference is that I already called you out when I had a problem with you, and Hito just backed me up on what I had already said. In contrast, Jimmy responded in your stead before you even had your foot in the door.

Good talk.
jimmy offered us a place to settle some differences. Your buddy offered nothing but harsh words.

as well, you shouldnt be badmouthing my play at tourneys. I show up. Which to date is way more than you do. When you place well at a tournament, you can judge all you want. Till then, empty criticisms sir.

pherleece

Woolay
@Hitoshura i just got to listen to this today and when i listen i always think how cool it would be to hear my name come up for any reason and about an hour in you said it so thanks lol

Altaire

Noob
jimmy offered us a place to settle some differences. Your buddy offered nothing but harsh words.

as well, you shouldnt be badmouthing my play at tourneys. I show up. Which to date is way more than you do. When you place well at a tournament, you can judge all you want. Till then, empty criticisms sir.
Sure thing, one hit wonder.

See you at Toryuken. You flat-out admitted you only beat me at Canada Cup because I dropped the game-winning combo in the third round of the third set. If that's all that saved you, you have no chance. I didn't know the matchup then, and you still scraped by. I know it now, and I can guarantee you that you won't luck out the same way you did last time.

Count on it.

STB Shujinkydink

Sure thing, one hit wonder.

See you at Toryuken. You flat-out admitted you only beat me at Canada Cup because I dropped the game-winning combo in the third round of the third set. If that's all that saved you, you have no chance. I didn't know the matchup then, and you still scraped by. I know it now, and I can guarantee you that you won't luck out the same way you did last time.

Count on it.
one hit wonder? 2nd at CC and 9th at Devastation are pretty huge feats given the competition.

Your also basing that prediction on the assumption i havnt gotten any better either

Altaire

Noob
one hit wonder? 2nd at CC and 9th at Devastation are pretty huge feats given the competition.

Your also basing that prediction on the assumption i havnt gotten any better either
Ninth at Devastation was a huge feat, sure. That would be what denotes a "one hit wonder". If second at Canada Cup was a huge feat, then hot damn, it must be a huge feat that I placed ninth, especially considering I only lost to the guys who took first and second!

Canada Cup had around 40 people, IIRC, and only a handful "good" players. The only real threats there were Jwong, Russell, Winter, Levaranoia, Merlando and yourself. I suppose I can count myself in there, by that logic, considering I put Russell in losers and, again, lost to you by a hair.

I'm basing that prediction on the empirical evidence that you haven't gotten any better, by the way, as seen at SCR. You really don't worry me. Hell, in retrospect, I don't know why you worried me then; it only made me play worse when it came down to it. Don't you worry your pretty little head, though: I won't make the same mistake next time.

Altaire

Noob
Oh, hey, I missed some of these.

it's monday why not, I had a hockey game, gotta get psyced up for that shit.

Real talk though, if you ever are in the city, let me know and we can run some sets if you want, were all grown ups here.

be careful with the he said she said stuff man, thats when shit gets messy,
I would put my head in a fucking furnace before it ever passes through your doorway again. It's actually because of that "he said, she said" stuff that I say this.

I'm hesitant to believe we're all grownups here, by the way, because I know what you and your boy Chance say about me behind my back (and the utterly depressing frequency with which it happens).

Lots of dick riders in this thread.......

Seriously, it's a god damn game. Let Dink and Hito have their money match. Altaire, I am sure you are a great offline player (that remains to be seen) but I can understand if it pisses someone off when you say they lost because they didn't use your advice. This game is so much about each individual player, not so much about the character. IF dink would have won SCR, I am sure he would have been equally as pissed if you started going around saying he won because of your advice or tech.

If it's that great man, travel to these tournaments and win with it. I don't mean anything that I am saying in a negative sense. I am legit saying that if your shit is that good, go make some money! Arm chair playing isn't making you shit.
"Lots of dick riders"? And who, pray tell, are these dick riders? I suggest you get your tongue out of your cheek and speak up about that.

I don't give a shit about Dink vs. Hito, that's their issue. I have my own issue with Dink, for reasons that I should think are obvious by now, and I am acting on them.

Don't tell me to "go make some money" as if it's really that easy. Do me a real solid favor, and go to expedia.ca. Look up the cost for a round trip flight from Calgary to, say, Philly, or Cleveland, or Atlanta. Add around $200 to that for food, accommodations and entry fees. Please, by all means, tell me how you expect me to come up with that so readily.

Being that it costs so much to travel, I lined up three major tournaments to go to this, Evo included. One of them was WB, and another was Toryuken. I found out in early December that I may not be able to get the time off for WB, as my vacation time would be overlapping with someone else's, and I already announced that. When I found out I couldn't go for certain, I booked off the week of Powerup instead. My plan is to go to Powerup, Toryuken, and possibly ECT if it's in any way feasible. Don't tell me to just snap my fingers and go to a major tournament as if it's really so easy, because unless you decide you want to start sponsoring me, it isn't happening. You can wait. It'll give you all the more time to talk about me behind my back in the interim, anyhow.

Altaire

Noob
This is all so un-Canadian.
Irony: A lot of the American players I've talked to are some of the nicest, politest and most accommodating people I've ever met. Hell, CD Jr said I could crash in his room at Evo at no charge (since vVv is paying for it), and Maxter is trying to drag me into going to FR on the same premise; I can't say enough about how generous these people are. In contrast, I can think of a handful of Canadian players I wouldn't spit on if they were on fire.

Man, these stereotypes are just getting shat on by the MK community.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
lmao, do you see how you come off when you post things like this man, thats why I said before things got messy lets just play some games.

But that could mean you get exposed,

You disrespect so many people in this community man, and you wonder why only a handful of people like you. You basically shit on every other player that was at Ccup, there were more then 4 good players there,

You shit on anyone that has new ideas for characters if you don't think there good.

And what do you do??? you sit at home and play online man, just quit being such a dick and you won't always find yourself in these arguments with people.

Side Note: Dont you dare for one second say anything about anybody talking about people behind there back, you sir are the worst for this, as I saw at Canada Cup, and as you continue to demonstrate.

Put up or shut up, you had since november to save for WinterBrawl or Final Round.

We do games every sunday at Dickens Pub so you don't have to "walk through my door" I know your 18+ even though you don't act like it.

So come get owned, if not, quit shit talking people cause Toryuken aint till May, and I'm calling it right now that you won't make it, just like I called you not making WinterBrawl ( to scarred to get exposed).

Peace I'm out

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Is their any footage of the Canada Cup? I have never seen Altaire fight before and Id be excited to see something.

STB Shujinkydink

see you at toryuken? right. cuz were gonna see you at WB right? orrrrr......

couldnt even make it to CC without having someone literally drive to pick you up.

and your making fun of my lack of funds? bah. FYI, at SCR I challenged someone to a 20$ MM, but they counter-offered $5. Not sure where you were getting that information from lol

Altaire

Noob
lmao, do you see how you come off when you post things like this man, thats why I said before things got messy lets just play some games.

But that could mean you get exposed,

You disrespect so many people in this community man, and you wonder why only a handful of people like you. You basically shit on every other player that was at Ccup, there were more then 4 good players there,

You shit on anyone that has new ideas for characters if you don't think there good.

And what do you do??? you sit at home and play online man, just quit being such a dick and you won't always find yourself in these arguments with people.

Side Note: Dont you dare for one second say anything about anybody talking about people behind there back, you sir are the worst for this, as I saw at Canada Cup, and as you continue to demonstrate.

Put up or shut up, you had since november to save for WinterBrawl or Final Round.

We do games every sunday at Dickens Pub so you don't have to "walk through my door" I know your 18+ even though you don't act like it.

So come get owned, if not, quit shit talking people cause Toryuken aint till May, and I'm calling it right now that you won't make it, just like I called you not making WinterBrawl ( to scarred to get exposed).

Peace I'm out
l-o-l. Alright, let's break this down:

- I named more than "four good players". Other than the six I mentioned and Scrub Saibot (who just slipped my mind at the time, honest mistake), I didn't play or see anyone at Canada Cup who I consider particularly good players. The names I did mention are all great players, and Merlando is especially good considering no one knows who he is.

- I sit at home and play online? Gee, that sounds an awful lot like you. I suppose you make it out to all sorts of tournaments, right? Right. Until then, you can't say shit. Holding weekly casuals with Dink and possibly one other guy doesn't mean a damn thing, because by that logic, I'm a big offline player just because I run sets with my SC5 sparring partner once every other week or so.

- When the hell did I talk about ANYONE behind his back at Canada Cup? Name one person. Even one. Twenty bucks says you're referring to Tom Brady, which just looks really stupid on your part: I only ever brought him up when the Toronto guys asked me to explain the story behind the Mortal Monday drama, and later the Sask guys; hell, even the TO for MK9 at Canada Cup (Asian guy with a goatee, if you recall), asked me about it. The funny part is that I wasn't even "talking about him behind his back", because I put Brady on blast in a Skype call, ON STREAM, with 400 people watching. The shit I said about him when I recapped those events don't even hold a candle to what I said about him to his face, in realtime. Do explain to me how this constitutes "talking about him behind his back", because the way I hear it, you ramble about me at least once a week, sad and pathetic as that is.

- Yup, I did have since November to save for WB or FR. I did save for WB. I found out well in advance that I might not be able to get the time off for work, and I made that known as early as December; don't even try to tell me that was some last-minute excuse. I'm putting the money towards Powerup now, because whereas I can get to Powerup for under $500, it'd cost me $700 for the flight alone to make it to FR, and that isn't happening. Incidentally, I remember you saying you were going to go to both WB and FR, but later turned around and wrote it off like it never happened, with your excuse being "Well, they're two weeks apart, there's no point". If you can't go because you have a wife and kids to support, that's completely understandable, no one in the right mind will fault you for that. However, if you AREN'T going when you said you would, you certainly can't give anyone else shit for doing the same. We all have our reasons. I couldn't book the time off work, deal with it. I'm not going to WB unless I quit my job, and that sure as shit isn't happening.

- "Come get owned"? And who are you to talk, exactly? We probably played two or three hours' worth of Noob vs. Kitana over the course of two days, and you won a whopping two or three times that I can recall. We played quite a few sets of Raiden vs. Kitana too, and I don't recall you winning that even once. Noob vs. Kitana is 5-5 (some even claim it's 6-4 in her favor), so what's your excuse?

Tell you what: When you stop backing out of Winter Brawl, you can give me shit for backing out of Winter Brawl. When you stop talking about me behind my back on a constant basis and still try to make smalltalk in public, you can call me out for talking about other people (lol Brady) behind their backs. When you stop getting absolutely bodied by me in an offline setting without even a hope of beating me, you can talk about how I'm going to "get owned".

Good talk. See you all at Toryuken!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Alright.

This thread is about the Kombat Tomb Podcast featuring Hitosaurus. All this other BS goes to PMs if you must continue it.

Thank you.

Altaire

Noob
see you at toryuken? right. cuz were gonna see you at WB right? orrrrr......

couldnt even make it to CC without having someone literally drive to pick you up.

and your making fun of my lack of funds? bah. FYI, at SCR I challenged someone to a 20$ MM, but they counter-offered $5. Not sure where you were getting that information from lol
Oh gee, there goes that he-said-she-said your boy was talking about!

Protip: I was out of a car for a few months, up til early January. I didn't really sweat it at the time, because it takes me ten minutes to walk to work and I was supposed to be going to Canada Cup with a friend of mine. He backed out at the last minute to go to Blizzcon, at which point I had no idea how I was going to get there. I told Jimmy "Look, my ride to Canada Cup bailed, I don't know if I can make it, I'm going to see if I can get a bus ticket for cheap or just ask the Saskatchewan guys if they can pick me up along the way". The bus ticket would've cost me around $90 both ways, so I told him I'd just ask the Sask guys to pick me up, since they had to drive through here to get to Calgary and they were three to a car. I could literally meet them at a gas station along the highway, and they wouldn't even have to go out of their way to pick me up.

Jimmy was the one who insisted, INSISTED on picking me up as long as I spotted him $30 for gas (which I did, for the record). My first reaction was "Dude, that's six hours of driving, I couldn't ask you do that". I was completely against it, and I tried rebuffing it several times. He just kept saying it's nothing, he doesn't mind long drives, the Sask guys are unreliable, so on and so forth. My BIGGEST regret about Canada Cup is not going with those guys to avoid the shit heap of drama that resulted from it.

P.S. Since you failed to grasp the point I was making, I wasn't attacking your financial state (because, y'know, I'm not that fucking petty), I attacked you for losing back to back money matches at SCR and bleeding your wallet dry of your own accord. You're only going to end up doing the same at FR, because you have this ridiculous idea that you're going to beat CD Jr in a first to five. You have no idea how much I'm looking forward to that.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I never have seen any of these podcasts, are they seriously 4 hours long? You guys need to make them 30 minutes for each video, then release them like 1 day at a time or something. Like, it can still be 4 hours, but make it over 8 videos. Just do pt1-pt8. This will help you in a lot of areas. More people will watch it, you'll get more views since there's more videos, and the people who have limited free time will be more likely to be able to see them. Also, are you guys partners on youtube?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I never have seen any of these podcasts, are they seriously 4 hours long? You guys need to make them 30 minutes for each video, then release them like 1 day at a time or something. Like, it can still be 4 hours, but make it over 8 videos. Just do pt1-pt8. This will help you in a lot of areas. More people will watch it, you'll get more views since there's more videos, and the people who have limited free time will be more likely to be able to see them. Also, are you guys partners on youtube?
Or you could download the mp3 and put it on your ipod or whatever. It is literally the only way I can listen.