What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 14 with Hitoshura

Espio

Kokomo
I'm a podcast and a half behind... seems like I need to skip ahead to hear what is being said about me.

Where the hell do you guys find the time to listen to 4+ hour podcasts? Let alone 4+ hours of recording the damn thing? lol
I only listen to about an hour per day, I just finished this one today and started on Sunday.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Every week has been great, but this one was my favorite.
Yeah, every week has been great.

Where do we find the time?
Listen to it in your car while you drive.
On the bus while you ride to work.
Or turn it on the second you get home from work and listen to it during dinner.

It's only once a week, and Monday Nitro used to be three hours long with Thunder being two hours long.
This isn't so bad.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
1. Listen to it in your car while you drive.
2. Or turn it on the second you get home from work and listen to it during dinner.
The only time I can listen to it is on the way to school and back but my iPod has been busted for awhile now ;_;

Every other second of my life is taken up by work/school/family obligations. Sucks to be an old man lol

Saint

Noob
Every single episode I've either been on the verge of laughing or lmfao.

This time I just didn't feel most of it, it just felt like, get over yourself already.

Vulcan Hades
I know its an engine problem but now they could of gone back and fix the engine b/c their not able to fix it via patches, due to how deep in the coding it is, and then release it on the disc which their doing anyway
I believe fixing input bug, collision problems, etc. wouldn't be feasible at this point. Its so deep in the code that it would just create more problems. Its probably going to have to wait till MK10. Hopefully they build a whole new engine.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Hitoshura I finally got a chance to listen to the first hour of the podcast. You are so damn hilarious! I love listening to you man lol ... The podcast is great so far, best one yet.

On the topic of my opinions about the noob matchup. Everything you said is true.

* I base some of my opinions about the matchup on theory fighter and
* 90% of my Noob experience has come from 801 Vegeta.

The reason why I called out every Noob player going to Final Round to a money match is to have someone, ANYONE, show me why Noob is not trash. I don't think he has what it takes to win at high level and all I want is for someone to prove me wrong. This is not some power play for me to say that I am better than anyone else.

In the meantime, we will all end up as having a good time of it, eh?

On another note, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I can't imagine what that is like to go through. Stay strong man. I'll see you in Atlanta.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Hitoshura

Just listened to this. Good shit sir.

Ill tell you what, IF (and thats a big if cuz its you) you happen to be at FR. I will Money Match you. But I want to blow up your crappy noob. But I will raise the stakes. I will blow up your noob,

With Skarlet.

what say you sir?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Hitoshura

Ill tell you what, IF (and thats a big if cuz its you) you happen to be at FR. I will Money Match you. But I want to blow up your crappy noob. But I will raise the stakes. I will blow up your noob,

With Skarlet.

what say you sir?
Well ill challenge you np bro just I wanna make something clear. I wasn't calling you out as a player. You got me a little pissed b/c u called out my boy Altaire for u loosing w/ skarlet. You weren't rdy and blamed him instead of yourself.

I have no quarrel with u. You have a very good quan and I respect you as a player for maining him.

With that being said don't you think its a little rash that your calling me out to a mm b/c I insulted your outrage against a friend of mine? I mean come on dude its not like I talked shit about your mom or said your quan sucks (which it doesn't)

Idk what to make of the "(and thats a big if cuz its you)" comment you made but if its a smack at my finacial status then I apologize for going through everything I did this past year to the point were I almost lost all control of my sanity.

Altaire

Noob
Hitoshura

With Skarlet.

what say you sir?
I don't know if this is such a good idea. I mean, the way I hear it, you were supposed to play Flawedzilla at SCR, but you later turned him down. Why is that, Dink? Is it because you're afraid of Noob?

...Oh, wait, I remember now: You lost so much money at SCR playing everyone else that you probably couldn't afford to play him anymore. That makes sense. Did you win any of your money matches from SCR, actually? I mean... I know Tyrant beat you, 16 Bit beat you twice and XBlades absolutely humiliated you. Maybe I'm missing one where you weren't free, or something.

Welp, good luck at FR! Have fun proving to CD Jr that he's overrated, and may God have mercy on your wallet.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I don't know if this is such a good idea. I mean, the way I hear it, you were supposed to play Flawedzilla at SCR, but you later turned him down. Why is that, Dink? Is it because you're afraid of Noob?

...Oh, wait, I remember now: You lost so much money at SCR playing everyone else that you probably couldn't afford to play him anymore. That makes sense. Did you win any of your money matches from SCR, actually? I mean... I know Tyrant beat you, 16 Bit beat you twice and XBlades absolutely humiliated you. Maybe I'm missing one where you weren't free, or something.

Welp, good luck at FR! Have fun proving to CD Jr that he's overrated, and may God have mercy on your wallet.
you know Dinks only a couple hours away now, just down the road. if you have a problem with him I will gladly host some matches at my house for a day so you can squash it out. Hell i'll even stream it. But i wouldn't shit talk someone about there tournament when you werent even there, thats not cool man.

So before this whole thread gets outta hand, make the arangements to come to calgary and have some matches, or just let Hito and Dink have there match without making a dick head comment.

-In b4 novel about something I'm sure I won't care about, offers on the table, I know dink would gladly have matches with you man,

Truth

Noob

In the mighty words of Tom Brady...DAMNNNNNNN!!!

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
What I love the most is Osu 16 bit giving us tips on how to blow up Kitana every week. It's like he's tired of winning all the time and wants people to finally learn the damn matchup so he can test his true MK skills. rofl

He's like Vegeta when he lets Cell do his complete transformation. :)
I notice this so much on G-Faqs. He's helped me understand Kitana so much better (though it's still one of my hardest matchups).

STB Shujinkydink

Well ill challenge you np bro just I wanna make something clear. I wasn't calling you out as a player. You got me a little pissed b/c u called out my boy Altaire for u loosing w/ skarlet. You weren't rdy and blamed him instead of yourself.

I have no quarrel with u. You have a very good quan and I respect you as a player for maining him.

With that being said don't you think its a little rash that your calling me out to a mm b/c I insulted your outrage against a friend of mine? I mean come on dude its not like I talked shit about your mom or said your quan sucks (which it doesn't)

Idk what to make of the "(and thats a big if cuz its you)" comment you made but if its a smack at my finacial status then I apologize for going through everything I did this past year to the point were I almost lost all control of my sanity.

id you had no quarrel you shouldn't have said anything on the subject.

and as for you altaire. I never had a MM with flawedzilla. Noob is a bottom 5 character im not scared of him at all.

Altaire

Noob
you know Dinks only a couple hours away now, just down the road. if you have a problem with him I will gladly host some matches at my house for a day so you can squash it out. Hell i'll even stream it. But i wouldn't shit talk someone about there tournament when you werent even there, thats not cool man.

So before this whole thread gets outta hand, make the arangements to come to calgary and have some matches, or just let Hito and Dink have there match without making a dick head comment.

-In b4 novel about something I'm sure I won't care about, offers on the table, I know dink would gladly have matches with you man,
And I suppose it was cool of Dink to put me on blast and blame me for his loss at SCR too, right? My favorite part is where he barely used any of the information I gave him, and still blamed me for it. I had Dink's back when he lost at SCR. I went on the record saying that it was just an off day, shit happens, the same thing happened to PL at CEO and he still came back and won EVO, yadda yadda. For all that, he went on a podcast and threw me under the bus. Of course, one fundamental flaw with his criticism is that he lead with Skarlet when the entire time, I told him he should lead with Quan at SCR and use Skarlet as a pocket character to throw off his opponent, provided Quan wasn't cutting it. I know it worked pretty well for my Sektor when I switched to him against Dink, considering I lost that match purely because I dropped the game-winning combo.

Dink's only answer to that is "Too bad, you stil lost". Yup, that's true. He has a point there. Of course, he also fails to realize my point: I lost to Dink by a hair, in a matchup I had next to no experience with, when I was such a nervous fucking wreck I wasn't even fuzzy guarding Quan's strings. I'm not afraid of him, by any means, and I'm not driving six hours, there and back, just to beat Dink in MK9. I have nothing to prove to him, at least not so eagerly I'd blow that kind of time and money just to do it. He'll be at Toryuken, and so will I. We can settle it there, in front of every head in the Canadian scene worth counting.

Altaire

Noob
id you had no quarrel you shouldn't have said anything on the subject.

and as for you altaire. I never had a MM with flawedzilla. Noob is a bottom 5 character im not scared of him at all.
...I... Yeah. That's my point. You challenged him to a money match, from what he told me, and then you didn't follow through on it because every other top player at SCR had already robbed you blind by that point.

Reading comprehension.

STB Shujinkydink

...I... Yeah. That's my point. You challenged him to a money match, from what he told me, and then you didn't follow through on it because every other top player at SCR had already robbed you blind by that point.

Reading comprehension.
no, like that never happened lol. I do remember saying I wanted to play him, but never a MM

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
it's monday why not, I had a hockey game, gotta get psyced up for that shit.

Real talk though, if you ever are in the city, let me know and we can run some sets if you want, were all grown ups here.

be careful with the he said she said stuff man, thats when shit gets messy,

If not, we'll see you at Toryuken man. Long live Random Block advantage.......I mean Mk9 :)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Lots of dick riders in this thread.......

Seriously, it's a god damn game. Let Dink and Hito have their money match. Altaire, I am sure you are a great offline player (that remains to be seen) but I can understand if it pisses someone off when you say they lost because they didn't use your advice. This game is so much about each individual player, not so much about the character. IF dink would have won SCR, I am sure he would have been equally as pissed if you started going around saying he won because of your advice or tech.

If it's that great man, travel to these tournaments and win with it. I don't mean anything that I am saying in a negative sense. I am legit saying that if your shit is that good, go make some money! Arm chair playing isn't making you shit.