What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Ep. 14 with Hitoshura

I hope you're right Hito.

I guess it all depends on NRS at this point. Hope they actually have the money/time and willpower to at least fix the input bug.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'll have to get home and mess with it, but they are saying you can just duckblock kitana rushdown? I am pretty sure she does have an overhead? The top player in our MN tournaments is kitana and I am pretty sure just ducking and blocking gets me blown up. I am trying to find the correct gaps in the rushdown to tele out with raiden lately.

She has two overheads. The second hit of f+4,1 and the second hit of b+1,2.

If you crouch block f+4 it usually whiffs and you can interrupt her. Only on large characters at point blank range will it not whiff, so worst case scenario you have to stand up and block the overhead. The low option is just a sweep you can roll away after. That's why it's only done off a JIP.

If you crouch block b+1 you can easily stand up in time for 2.

When you crouch block you can blow up all the cutter setups. 2,1~cutter, b+3,3~cutter, 1,1,2~cutter ect can be ducked and full combo punished if you are crouch blocking. On small characters many will whiff without even having to let go of block. Cutter is also not neutral on block if it's crouch blocked.

Durpity Durp

Fan Fan Fan D1 D1 D1...Kitana Wins.
If you see Raidens teleport coming...YES! you can punish it! You gotta buffer it in your mind for when he does it. Use your move with the proper frames to counter it.
(combo starter) Kitanas *EX fan lift gets it almost everytime
(10 frames....TEN FRAMES!!!) , unless raiden teleports and jumps over you or
does D3. Same with kung lao teleport...Im allways buffering forward forward( back back) to hit that 2 button in case (ex Fan lift) he ports. Full Combo Baby! They'll be reluctant to teleport afterward when they get tired of 40% punishment.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Very good PodCast. Hitoshura definitely knows what he's talking about regarding Noob's gameplay and overall MK9 analysis ..... very clever guy.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I have an announcement. Right now we are at almost 47,000 total views on youtube. When we hit 50,000 to celebrate there will be a live edition of the podcast on twitch.tv. Where you can interact with the show via chat and we will be taking call-ins via skype. So as soon as we hit the view count the next podcast will be the live one.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
sometimes I feel like I know you gusy... and sometimes you start talking about having sex with things that are just.... weird. There should be disclaimers in the podcast of when to "take a hit" so shit is just awesomely funny!!!

I still don't think people understand that if you play raiden expecting him to teleport... he's going to blow you up with other stuff, then when you aren't always anticipating it... bam. Oh and for good measure the EX version gives HIM advantage.... yeah. get outta here TYM. Punish that shit my ass.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I have an announcement. Right now we are at almost 47,000 total views on youtube. When we hit 50,000 to celebrate there will be a live edition of the podcast on twitch.tv. Where you can interact with the show via chat and we will be taking call-ins via skype. So as soon as we hit the view count the next podcast will be the live one.
what constitutes as a view? if i just click play on it... does that count? I like the mp3 downloads personally... But i want to contribute to that number.

What I love the most is Osu 16 bit giving us tips on how to blow up Kitana every week. It's like he's tired of winning all the time and wants people to finally learn the damn matchup so he can test his true MK skills. rofl

He's like Vegeta when he lets Cell do his complete transformation. :)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
My I wanna give Slips some Captain Crunch Soooooooooooo bad :( or a hug

Hito man I <3 even more after this podcast, so entertaining, eye opening and surprisingly open. I have a ton of respect for you

Yea mr mil sindel's levitate cancel offense is like Kabal's offense, just play him to find out.

Im half way though, absolutely amazing pod cast.

Prediction Game is FTMFW

I honestly dont know how to comment about the mt rushmore thing. I greatly appreciate it but feel very undeserving, I think PL should be 4th due to evo win but when he loses this coming year it should be replaced w Detroit LOL

:)

Very good podcast guys I really enjoyed it. I hope you guys bring Hitoshura on again later in the future cause his knowledge and rants on stuff were very entertaining and legit.

Saint

Noob
The show's improving every week keep up the amazing work guys.

The guest however is probably the most negative person I can think of to date, jesus.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I feel I need to make this clear. My friend was listening to this podcast, and he was actually sitting at the computer staring at the stupid logo for an hour. OPEN A NEW TAB or something! lol

Its meant for like background while u fold laundry or gym or work, etc. Don't just stare at the logo for 4 hours. Or maybe my friend is just a complete moron.
LOL!

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
LMAO at these alleged gay gamers fawning over Hito...Wigga please... 16 bit, Slips, and K7 or whomever seriously make the best trio...love it!

If you see Raidens teleport coming...YES! you can punish it! You gotta buffer it in your mind for when he does it. Use your move with the proper frames to counter it.
(combo starter) Kitanas *EX fan lift gets it almost everytime
(10 frames....TEN FRAMES!!!) , unless raiden teleports and jumps over you or
does D3. Same with kung lao teleport...Im allways buffering forward forward( back back) to hit that 2 button in case (ex Fan lift) he ports. Full Combo Baby! They'll be reluctant to teleport afterward when they get tired of 40% punishment.
Hah I didnt read this till after our match this morning Derp, You caught my tele with EX fans like twice. That third round I had a brainfart and jumped away from you. never ever jumpback vs kitana doh!

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Well, when I think about it...he interacted with just about every single topic of conversation that occurred, despite being tired.

Many of the guests are the opposite.
What you saw as negative, I saw as being real.

Unfortunately there did seem to be a bandwidth issue between Hito and the KTP crew which resulted in him often cutting out.
It's still the best episode yet IMHO. I'm really looking forward to the next one with JamessMK now.

I love when they talk about the old generations of video gaming too, and I expect that to happen a ton with JMK.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
This was amazing and I wish I had Hito's energy lol, awesome stuff.

Every week has been great, but this one was my favorite.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'm a podcast and a half behind... seems like I need to skip ahead to hear what is being said about me.

Where the hell do you guys find the time to listen to 4+ hour podcasts? Let alone 4+ hours of recording the damn thing? lol