What's new

Kombat Passes - battlepasses for MK11

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
So I found this at the sub-reddit:

I think I've asked about battlepasses before, as I had no experience with it before, and people compared it to Fortnite (which I have never played seen being played other than a few small clips here and there) as they have them too. From what I understand they are like booster packs (which I know from playing MMO's) which can give you a boost (hence the name) with gaining XP and such. And from this image we can see it says they cover about 2 months of service and have goals and cosmetics... but what does that mean exactly?

It's not a lot of info to go by, but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about this, and if you got further info about it then please post them here! ^^

Kratilim

Noob
This was discussed in another thread, but almost no EU store or any digital store mentions them anywhere. Also they're talking about a "Gold" edition. So I'm guessing its a translation error or something. Until NRS announces anything, I wouldn't worry about it.

Edit: and by digital store I mean PSN, XBOX or Steam.

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
I have no info whatsoever, I'm just passing by to show support for all Kollector players <3 <3 GO ON BROTHER YOUR POST ROCKS! ... *Looking for next post somewhere...

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
Fortnite Guy/Girl konfirmed for DLC. Fatality is yeeting you into the next dimension with an epic dab. :DOGE

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
It means you’re paying for the opportunity to unlock stuff by completing challenges in a timely manner. If you dont unlock stuff, like avoiding challenges that require you to play ranked for instance, well, too bad bro.

But the difference is Fortnite is a free to play game so lul nice game nrs players

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Battle passes are a feature present in several free-to-play (<- this is important) games released recently.
A battle pass usually has two "tracks" of rewards which you unlock from playing the game, one track is available completely for free while the other one requires you to purchase it to access its rewards. Both are levelled at the same time but purchasing the pass generally yields more advantages like the "paid track" rewards and increased XP and game currency gain. The rewards unlocked from BPs are in their large and vast majority cosmetic only, so things like skins and whatnot.
As far as its application in Mortal Kombat goes... I really don't think something like this is happening at all for several different reasons.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
It means you’re paying for the opportunity to unlock stuff by completing challenges in a timely manner. If you dont unlock stuff, like avoiding challenges that require you to play ranked for instance, well, too bad bro.

But the difference is Fortnite is a free to play game so lul nice game nrs players
Nothing is free my friend. Either you pay or someone else does it for you, but nothing is free.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
If you pre-order it lists that Kombat Packs will have 6 more skins and they'll probably release new cosmetic items as well. I really don't think we'd need any kind of xp boost in this game that would make 0 sense.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Nothing is free my friend. Either you pay or someone else does it for you, but nothing is free.
Well, I’ve done and gave a lot of things for free. For example I’ve told a lot off people to fuck off and that was for free

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
nope ... 2 things in life are for free, my friend :
  1. Oxygen
  2. Trivial daily problems that idiots get used to generate and throw onto you in order to have you to try to resolve those for them !! :p

so... i dont know if i understand but... we are going to have kombat pass instead of kombat pack? each character separately? and each kombat pass cost 34 dollars? please someone tell me that im wrong..

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
so... i dont know if i understand but... we are going to have kombat pass instead of kombat pack? each character separately? and each kombat pass cost 34 dollars? please someone tell me that im wrong..
I don't even understand WHY I have to point out that you're wrong, how would that even make sense? It just sounds like the 6 characters won't be released at the same time, but gradually over time. You still only buy the pack ONCE.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
so .... this "shit-pass" in the end, will be some kind of .... dirty concealed "honeypot decoy" MTX ? shame, NRS, shame on you .... :mad:

I don't even understand WHY I have to point out that you're wrong, how would that even make sense? It just sounds like the 6 characters won't be released at the same time, but gradually over time. You still only buy the pack ONCE.
Calm down you b.... if i asked is because i dont understood, and i thinked that NRS would be selling the characters separately.
English is not my first language and i can misunderstand things.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Despite my earlier post of not buying the guest DLC... it said I get more outfits to play dress up with if I bought the expensive one. The more options for Sub Zero (and others) the better, so... I bought the expensive one. Which means... I now also own the guest characters! D:

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Despite my earlier post of not buying the guest DLC... it said I get more outfits to play dress up with if I bought the expensive one. The more options for Sub Zero (and others) the better, so... I bought the expensive one. Which means... I now also own the guest characters! D:
You mean Premium Edition?