What's new

Kombat Pack/Premium Edition Characters Announcement When?

Raider

Noob
Where are they? Why do we have only one DLC character revealed 3 days before the game release? Shouldn't content that you are pre-ordering and paying money for be revealed before the game release?
It doesn't make any sense to keep this a secret and not reveal the content of the Kombat Pack or Premium Edition. What kind of marketing is that?

Raider

Noob
They showed a render of D'vorah months before we saw a lick of gameplay from her. Even if the characters aren't finished, surely they can give us a teaser image.
Exactly. They can just announce them if they are not ready to be showed.

Edit: I edited the thread title.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it seems like they're going to drip feed the reveals if Boon's tweet is any indication. And that's concerning if I'm still unsure about wanting the Kombat Pack when Shang Tsung is available to buy separately. At least, we should be seeing a second character soon, probably on Monday as a last-minute pre-order push (which most likely means a guest character, and that's also unfortunate).

I don't buy the "not ready yet" excuse, because MKX and Injustice 2 managed to show the 3D models weeks before the base game released.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Havent they said they pick dlc months in advance? They could show some frickin renders at least. All people want is to know what is in the pack hell you're marketing it to be bought why are we still in the dark? Ive hated their marketing every second of this campaign ill be glad when they are no longer the only sources of mk11 content. 3 mfkn days.....

mook

Noob
Y‘all see that supposed Switch Files leak on Reddit?

It was verified by the guy posting pictures of the files apparently?

EDIT: Somebody just posted it lol

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
This is so bizarre. In Canada, Premium Edition costs $50 more than Standard.

That's $50 for what is essentially just KP1 (and a steelbook). Are they planning on selling KP1 for $50? I somehow doubt that. So I'm not clear on what the incentive is supposed to be here. It's like they don't want us to preorder Premium.

Why can't things just make sense.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Y‘all see that supposed Switch Files leak on Reddit?

It was verified by the guy posting pictures of the files apparently?

EDIT: Somebody just posted it lol
Least we know what we are getting. Watch nrs drop something 2mrw or sunday after the whole internet already knows

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
They showed a render of D'vorah months before we saw a lick of gameplay from her. Even if the characters aren't finished, surely they can give us a teaser image.
Am actually not in favor of that, I want to know about dlc only in a reveal trailer like this

A picture is just gonna spoil it for me, not nearly enough hype and goosebumps as a reveal trailer.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off

That's $50 for what is essentially just KP1 (and a steelbook). Are they planning on selling KP1 for $50? I somehow doubt that. So I'm not clear on what the incentive is supposed to be here. It's like they don't want us to preorder Premium.

Our economy here is shit

Our dollar is pretty bad

Canadian retailers have always slightly inflated videogame prices, I think.

I've decided to just buy the standard edition and get the kombat pack later (if it's not shit).

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
sigh This is a lose-lose situation for all parties.

If they reveal the character models, people are going to whine that they are finished and could easily be implemented in the game before release.
If they don't reveal them, people complain that they don't know what they're paying for in the KP.

If they reveal the names only, WB is afraid that some people may refrain themselves from buying the 100$ edition in advance. In my opinion this is the right thing, but corporate greed won't allow it.

skater11

The saltiest
Yeah I don't want to pay for something that I don't know what it contains. so im holding off on that and getting the 60$ version, the standard.