What's new

Kombat pack overpriced

• Thread starter Deleted member 35141
  • Start date
I'm unclear specifically what you're asking, but I can tell you each of them has a new skin (does not need to be unlocked) that comes in I think 3 colors, each one named uniquely. They do not have a rarity attached and they don't say anything like Found in the Krypt or anything, they're just there at the end of Scorp / Sub / Noob's list. Shang similarly has two skins (the movie ones) that lack rarity and locations, they're just unlocked. I would assume johnny is the same.

The gear, on the other hand I do not think is as obvious or unlocked. Shang MUST have come with a few items unlocked because I have about 10 things already, but the ninjas I do not think anything new unlocked for free, there were definitely new selections in the menu, but again, they added a bunch of stuff in the patch so no way to tell.
Ah, okay, I see now. I have the Kombat Pack as well so I noticed the Ninja Mime skin (and it's several pallet swaps), as well as two skins for Movie Shang Tsung (I want to say they had a rarity attached though, but I'd need to double check. Sub-Zero and Scorpion have their klassic skin and a few pallet swaps of it as well. I have not checked Noob Saibot yet.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Did you just say with all the skins gear etc? I'm pretty sure you have to unlock all that. Imagine paying separately for a character and still having to go through the mk11 process of unlocking everything for said character
Firstly, the point I was trying to make is that it is costing them more to make each character in the game. Each character is now having tons of different gear, skins, voicelines, towers, abilities, intros, outros, etc., so more work is going into them. I can pay an extra dollar for all of that. If you don't want to, that's cool.
But even then, using Shang Tsung as a guinea pig, they overwhelming majority of it comes from the character tower, and they literally spam the towers that contain the new gear. If they really think that's a massive inconvenience then idk man. It's not hard to acquire this gear. But go off.

I'm unclear specifically what you're asking, but I can tell you each of them has a new skin (does not need to be unlocked) that comes in I think 3 colors, each one named uniquely. They do not have a rarity attached and they don't say anything like Found in the Krypt or anything, they're just there at the end of Scorp / Sub / Noob's list. Shang similarly has two skins (the movie ones) that lack rarity and locations, they're just unlocked. I would assume johnny is the same.

The gear, on the other hand I do not think is as obvious or unlocked. Shang MUST have come with a few items unlocked because I have about 10 things already, but the ninjas I do not think anything new unlocked for free, there were definitely new selections in the menu, but again, they added a bunch of stuff in the patch so no way to tell.
From my tracking, Shang Tsung came with the following:

Skins: Spirit Stealer & Force of Darkness
Bracers: Touch of Death
Ancient Scrolls: Brownback Dragon Spells
Soul Phylactery: Soulsnake Oil

Now, the Skins appear to be Kombat Pack Exclusives, as shown here: https://testyourmight.com/threads/psa-shang-tsung’s-movie-skin-is-exclusive-to-kombat-pack-owners-more-exclusives-possible.70860/

Will the three gear pieces listed above also be Kombat Pack Exclusive? We'll know next week if purchasers of Shang Tsung without the Kombat pack get them as well. Personally, I think they will be, because I noticed when downloading Shang Tsung, it had it listed as "Shang Tsung - Kombat Pack Version."

As for the Kombat Pack being "overpriced," as others have mentioned, OP doesn't seem to be taking into account the fact that, with the Kombat Pack, you are getting exclusive skins, in addition to getting other items besides just the characters. Even if you go by his guess of $6 per character, does anyone honestly think that, when the Klassic Arcade Ninja Skin Pack is released for non-Kombat Pack owners, it will cost less than the predicted $4 difference? I don't. If I had to guess, the cost of the Ninja Skin Pack alone will be $5. Kombat Pack owners got that as part of the Kombat Pack.

That's not even taking into account the Beta Access Kombat Pack owners got (which some were willing to pay more than $5 for during the beta, so it certianly had value to some).

Now, some may say skins and/or gear aren't "worth" the extra money, but, like the Beta Access, they obviously have value to some people. If they don't to you and all you want is the 6 characters then the Kombat Pack MAY be a couple bucks more than JUST the 6 characters, assuming that the OP is right and characters are $6 each.

However, if they end up being $7 or more each, You'll actually end up spending MORE and get less for just the 6 characters than if you had bought the Kombat Pack.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Surprised people struggled for the Beta, nearly everyone got it. A hell of a lot more people than MK X's and I2 from what I recall. But yeah if you breakdown the math, you're actually saving if you get the KP individually, extra skins etc. Historically it's always been like this with NRS.

Word around the block is that there is a super secret deal coming up next year called something like the "gold edition." Rumor has it that you'll allegedly be able to just pay $60 and get the base game and all the DLC included, but you didn't hear it from me.
If you're happy to miss out on a year of game time while the game is still hot, esp. in terms of online play when there's a bunch more players, then yeah that works. Or if you're only into the single player content, then sure wait for it to hit the bargain bin.

Why are people not understanding that he’s not saying 40 is too much. But his point is if it’s 6 for 1 character, it’s cheaper to buy them individually. Usually the point of buying something in bulk is to get a discount.
But in this case it's not about a discount it's about exclusivity. You don't get the extra skins which are only part of the KP as i understand it. As above they may come in a "gold edition" down the track, or they may be added to the krypt or towers or the "premium store" at some stage, but you still don't get them straight away as you would if you paid up front.

So it depends on what you value in the pack, characters - buy them separately and save yourself the $4. Skins - then forgo a coffee and buy the KP to get them.

Firstly, the point I was trying to make is that it is costing them more to make each character in the game. Each character is now having tons of different gear, skins, voicelines, towers, abilities, intros, outros, etc., so more work is going into them. I can pay an extra dollar for all of that. If you don't want to, that's cool.
But even then, using Shang Tsung as a guinea pig, they overwhelming majority of it comes from the character tower, and they literally spam the towers that contain the new gear. If they really think that's a massive inconvenience then idk man. It's not hard to acquire this gear. But go off.
Yet I've seen tons of posts of people not getting their specific character's tower in towers of time. I'd understand if they spammed a dlc character tower because why not? While summoned tower is now a somewhat viable option it didn't use to be.