What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Has Kome!

I'd rather not take chances. NRS isn't that great at making new characters kmo. I already know I love Reptile and Sektor, but out of every new character NRS has made, Torr is the only one I really like.
Yeah I’d rather no more chances, I’ve always thought that using a few spots for new characters to see what does and what doesn’t work is great but everyone always wants NRS to go the SF3 route like the characters they want from the 3D era weren’t lame as fuck when they debuted lol.

Honestly I hope there are more 3D era characters than MK 1+2 era characters in the next game because I really want to see those characters redone and have a completely fresh take on them.
Exactly, those characters would be so extremely redone that they would be closer to a new character rather than the MK1~MK3 ones. That's why I like the idea of remaking them, it has the legacy factor, but also feels fresh.

I'd rather not take chances. NRS isn't that great at making new characters kmo. I already know I love Reptile and Sektor, but out of every new character NRS has made, Torr is the only one I really like.
I believe NRS has been doing an amazing job with the new characters, Kotal, D'Vorah, Erron, Cassie, Jacqui, Takeda, Kollector, Geras, they're all crazy good. The more chances they take, the more marks they hit, that's why I would like MK to go to new places.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
The new characters are decent, but they're still nothing compared to the Arcade era characters imo. I'm much more excited to see how NRS evolves the old cast over chancing them breaking out another dud like Kollector. Seeing Ermac's transformation into this decaying wizard type, Noob into a creepy grim reaper ninja, I love it.

I use Kollector as an example because while I really like his design, gameplay wise he's as generic as it gets. He has six fucking arms, huge amounts of mystery and is from a brand new race we never knew existed. But what is his fighting style? Knives and random unexplained magic.

Agree partially on Kollector. I like his style though, if you use his combos right you can really make it rain with the chain, blue magic, green magic, the knives. But like you say, it's random and unexplained. What I hate the most is the green bombs, the way he throws them and they don't do shit. They could've given us crazy moves like a Sheeva fireball stance where you throw a chain with one, a knife with the other, that circle saw thing etc. Quite frankly, a character like Kollector would get his due way more in a fighter like Street Fighter 5 where they embrace diversity of characters. MK11 is very limited, only Fujin really breaks the barriers by going vertical and horizontal, but it's the mechanism they chose. Big characters are truly big and slow, others faster and agile, and they use the full axis in SF5.

KCJ506

Noob
If there's one MK1 character I think should sit out of the next one, it's Kano. Ever since they started doing story modes, he's the only one out of original MK cast(the ones that were playable) not to have his own chapter. It seemed like they were setting his son up to appear in his MKX ending. I would like for them to revisit that. Have his son be out for revenge. If Kano does appear in MK12, then I'll be convinced that NRS is putting him in just for the sake of having all of the original 7.

Honestly I hope there are more 3D era characters than MK 1+2 era characters in the next game because I really want to see those characters redone and have a completely fresh take on them.
I agree. For instance in MK4, Shinnok and Tanya's movesets were pretty bland and generic. NRS improved them in MKX. Especially Shinnok since he was just simply a poor man's Shang Tsung in his playable debut. Though when it comes to certain post trilogy characters like Kai, Jarek, Drahmin, Hsu Hao, Kobra, Dairou, Darrius and Taven, I wouldn't mind if we never saw them again.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Kobra could have been a legendary character if they didn't pussy out. He was supposed to be a Ken clone, but they eventually just made him another generic fireball guy. I think he could work so much better now that MK is back to 2d. Go full balls out and give him a Hadouken, Shoryuken and tatsu, different names of course but it would be so sick

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Yeah I’d rather no more chances, I’ve always thought that using a few spots for new characters to see what does and what doesn’t work is great but everyone always wants NRS to go the SF3 route like the characters they want from the 3D era weren’t lame as fuck when they debuted lol.
Time makes the heart grow fonder. The new mk3 characters were well received at first either.

Nrs had gotten better at introducing new characters and have done a for job of respond the old ones

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I can excuse the smearing of certain MK characters, but I draw the line at Cassie Cage. It's not her fault NRS decided to give her a generic pony tail and generic and shitty skins okay. MKX Cassie is still in there, crying and dying to come out.
Cassie from MKX to MK11 is literally the definition of a downgrade. I really don’t like her in MK11. such a boring, bland and empty character.

mattteo

Noob
I can excuse the smearing of certain MK characters, but I draw the line at Cassie Cage. It's not her fault NRS decided to give her a generic pony tail and generic and shitty skins okay. MKX Cassie is still in there, crying and dying to come out.
MKX Cassie is the most annoying and pushed down the throats of fans character I've ever seen. Brat who defeats a millions year old being...nuff said about the writing...