What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

I don't think "KP3" is up next. Prob another story expansion/conclusion, with a few new characters - dropping this spring. If there is a KP3, won't be until Fall 2021.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
SHUT UP BARAKA, A NEW STORY EXPANSION IS TOTALLY COMING, AND DAEGON AND TAVEN WILL BE FUCKING BADASS IN IT I TELL YA!!!

:DOGE

Whatever comes out, it'll probably suck ass. I've stopped looking forward to anything good.

What matters now is the reaction when they reveal their grand finale and that'll come in due time.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
It doesn't matter. Wording means nothing. They used Aftermath to trick all the people who wait for the "goty" edition. They might as well do it again with Ultimate
Yup. If WB advertised MK11 Ultimate as 'more material' instead of 'final material', how less would it have sold? Let's not forget there are MANY people who refuse to buy a game unless it's the 'final' version. WB tricks them into thinking they're done, while they're not.

Art Lean

Noob
I'm not saying it said it's the end of any and all DLC for the game, just that I don't have any faith in there being anymore story mode extensions, which many seem to be in agreement over.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I'm not saying it said it's the end of any and all DLC for the game, just that I don't have any faith in there being anymore story mode extensions, which many seem to be in agreement over.
What's funny is that lately the Aftermath 2.0 leak is picking up a lot of steam on Twitter. I'm honestly puzzled.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
I can't believe anyone might be interested in more story content. This franchise has terrible lore and all. Aftermath was legit beatable in less than 2 hours if you skip all the story shit and it adds nothing to the rest of the single player content. Such a development waste honestly.

Art Lean

Noob
I can't believe anyone might be interested in more story content. This franchise has terrible lore and all. Aftermath was legit beatable in less than 2 hours if you skip all the story shit and it adds nothing to the rest of the single player content. Such a development waste honestly.
If it wasn’t for the lore, world and characters, I’d have checked-out from Mortal Kombat over 25 years ago.

I for one love the story mode content, I just don’t think it’s a realistic expectation to receive anymore of it for this game.

I’d love to be wrong though.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
MK11 story mode is the best of all fighting games.
No one can reach this production value, you really feel the money on WB's end.

But I am also (kinda) sure that aftermath was the last story DLC, I saw once an interview with Ed Boon, where he mentioned the story with aftermath is finished.

I personally guess KP3 will have 5 fighters (5 because of the character pick window, 5 slots left)

PS: if you read this NRS, I will buy KP3, 4 and 5, just saying :laughing:
(I personally want to see (no order): Smoke, Ermac, Quan Chi, Sektor, Havik, Reiko, Kenshi, Sarenna and more lol)

kantboy-2

Ripper
If ArkSys can work on 4 freakin' games at the same time, then I'm sure NRS can work on 2.

You guys are nuts if you don't think they'll work content for this game until the 30th year anniversary of MK.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Do the following recent departures lead you guys in either direction(more content/the conclusion of Mk11) of the future DLC MK11 and NRS?
-----------------------------

Date
Title
Name
Source
Notes
March 9, 2021​
Advanced Game Designer​
J.J. Williams​
Focus appears to be mobile, but also "led on a new project": https://www.linkedin.com/in/phyreball/
February 26, 2021​
Senior QA Analyst, Certification​
Ken Morris​
Certification refers to ensuring proper security is in place by the console vendors before a game/content can be released​
February 12, 2021​
Animator​
Daniel Carey​
-​
January 7, 2021​
Senior UI Artist​
Daanish Syed​
-​
September 25, 2020​
Visual Effects Artist​
James Adkins​
-​