What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
@Nickolaidas can you elaborate on the cancelled projects you referred to?
As told by Kenshimaster16 on GameFaqs:
----------------------------------------------------
"What was said by MWI was he basically ran down a bunch of scrapped MK projects because the others were discussing the cartoon leak. He then said, "I think there’s more scrapped than you guys think."

When someone asked him specifically about game content having been scrapped, all he put was an emoji that didn't sound too good. He later went on to specify that, due to internal WB changes, he is personally very pessimistic about MK as a brand going forward because, "WB is doing things differently. And it's not great for folks like us. A different suit took over and laid a lot of folks off last year right before DC Fandome and started to change the way the WB branches are operating." He adds that what he learned from his sources in the last three days left him bummed going forward because none of it has been positive about MK as a whole, not just the games. This info came from two completely separate sources whom have been "dead on in the past" supposedly with Aftermath and movie skins prior to leaks.

Now, what makes me believe him is that he does not leak stuff for clout, he will merely only say whether something is bulls* or not and if people are being led on. He has never once been wrong about something he called out as bulls*, and he will steer very clear of things that leak that are correct.

So, this leads to KP3. On a totally separate discord, another of the individuals working on his encyclopedia project outright stated: "In other news, one of the encyclopedia guys is saying that two different sources of his are saying KP3 was scrapped, MK11 is done and NRS are moving on to whatever their next game is." When someone prodded if he knew anything about specifics on the sources, "He's not sharing, apparently this is supposed to be sensitive information though I don't see why it would be."

Now, the real kicker. MWI got wind of this on the discord he frequents and said: "The information that was posted in that discord yesterday is false and not completely accurate."

When I specifically asked "I'm not looking for direct specifics but is future content for 11 dead? Am I free to uninstall?" his response was "I'm not going to speak on that. I think that should be telling enough."

Now, if he's correct, that does not necessarily mean KP3 is still happening. Future content for 11 could be anything; 2021 movie skins, more Kombat League crap, whatever. At this point, only time will tell. Only thing we know for certain if we take his word is that the game isn't finished completely yet. Maybe that means KP3, maybe it doesn't. "

TLDR: Future content is coming for MK11, but it could be a KP3, skins, KL gear or just some more brutalities.

The cancelled projects themselves were MK Ultra Girls (that cartoon for kids with MK ladies as protagonists), MK1-3 HD, that Mortal Kombat 1 remake ala SF2 Turbo Remix (I think), one MK3 project which I never really understood what it was about, and some more stuff that he didn't specify at the time. I recently left that discord so I cannot go back and copy paste the dialogs that were exchanged, but the gist of it is that the MK brand is going through some ... stuff.

Based on hints and 'guesses' that people like MWI and thethiny are making, we may get a KP3, but it may not be 5 characters and they may have changed them at some point.

Lots of maybes, almost no definites.

The fact that Mileena's VA is recording at around the same time she posted some Mileena Shakespeare stuff, as well as Kotal's VA doing voicework could mean new (and possibly final) dialogue for the last characters we're going to get for the game.

The final window for official news is March, April (the hottest month) and finally May. If we don't hear absolutely anything by the end of May, we can conclude that MK11 is indeed dead. Note that I am not saying KP3 release date in May, but an ANNOUNCEMENT of it, at the least.

Last edited:
"What was said by MWI was he basically ran down a bunch of scrapped MK projects because the others were discussing the cartoon leak. He then said, "I think there’s more scrapped than you guys think."

When someone asked him specifically about game content having been scrapped, all he put was an emoji that didn't sound too good. He later went on to specify that, due to internal WB changes, he is personally very pessimistic about MK as a brand going forward because, "WB is doing things differently. And it's not great for folks like us. A different suit took over and laid a lot of folks off last year right before DC Fandome and started to change the way the WB branches are operating." He adds that what he learned from his sources in the last three days left him bummed going forward because none of it has been positive about MK as a whole, not just the games. This info came from two completely separate sources whom have been "dead on in the past" supposedly with Aftermath and movie skins prior to leaks.

Now, what makes me believe him is that he does not leak stuff for clout, he will merely only say whether something is bulls* or not and if people are being led on. He has never once been wrong about something he called out as bulls*, and he will steer very clear of things that leak that are correct.

So, this leads to KP3. On a totally separate discord, another of the individuals working on his encyclopedia project outright stated: "In other news, one of the encyclopedia guys is saying that two different sources of his are saying KP3 was scrapped, MK11 is done and NRS are moving on to whatever their next game is." When someone prodded if he knew anything about specifics on the sources, "He's not sharing, apparently this is supposed to be sensitive information though I don't see why it would be."

Now, the real kicker. MWI got wind of this on the discord he frequents and said: "The information that was posted in that discord yesterday is false and not completely accurate."

When I specifically asked "I'm not looking for direct specifics but is future content for 11 dead? Am I free to uninstall?" his response was "I'm not going to speak on that. I think that should be telling enough."

Now, if he's correct, that does not necessarily mean KP3 is still happening. Future content for 11 could be anything; 2021 movie skins, more Kombat League crap, whatever. At this point, only time will tell. Only thing we know for certain if we take his word is that the game isn't finished completely yet. Maybe that means KP3, maybe it doesn't. "

TLDR: Future content is coming for MK11, but it could be a KP3, skins, KL gear or just some more brutalities.

The cancelled projects themselves were MK Ultra Girls (that cartoon for kids with MK ladies as protagonists), MK1-3 HD, that Mortal Kombat 1 remake ala SF2 Turbo Remix (I think), one MK3 project which I never really understood what it was about, and some more stuff that he didn't specify at the time. I recently left that discord so I cannot go back and copy paste the dialogs that were exchanged, but the gist of it is that the MK brand is going through some ... stuff.

Based on hints and 'guesses' that people like MWI and thethiny are making, we may get a KP3, but it may not be 5 characters and they may have changed them at some point.

The fact that Mileena's VA is recording at around the same time she posted some Mileena Shakespeare stuff, as well as Kotal's VA doing voicework could mean new (and possibly final) dialogue for the last characters we're going to get for the game.

The final window for official news is March, April (the hottest month) and finally May. If we don't hear absolutely anything by the end of May, we can conclude that MK11 is indeed dead. Note that I am not saying KP3 release date in May, but an ANNOUNCEMENT of it, at the least.
Nice, thanks. Seems like stuff happening.

Gonna tinfoil, after yesterdays "First soldier" fiasco of ff7, I'm convinced MK will go to the battle royal route and all the deep-shoved special forces of late years was just marketing infiltration.

because none of it has been positive about MK as a whole, not just the games.
This sounds really odd. MK is right up there as one of the most well known brands in gaming. And as far as i'm aware still one of the tentpole fighting franchises along with SF, smash, Tekken.

For a company not to be positive about, what seems to be a cashcow for them, doesn't make sense. On top the hype of the upcoming movie, potential for more DLC + that associated with the movie, just doesn't sit right. Unless there's some stoush behind the scenes between NewLine and WB causing some friction...

But there's been plenty of companies that make stupid decisions... hopefully WB isn't one of them.

MK Ultra Girls (that cartoon for kids with MK ladies as protagonists), - Not sure what fool thought that was something that's needed in the MK universe.
MK1-3 HD - I get why people like the idea, but as fun as the games were, i don't think there's that much in them to appeal to a new audience.
that Mortal Kombat 1 remake ala SF2 Turbo Remix (I think) - Interesting idea for the nostalgia factor, but that's about it. As above, i don't think it holds any value. That said i wouldn't mind seeing a remake esp. now with the current gen consoles. But with both of these, the best option is to use 3D models over the base engine. Should be a hell of a lot easier and simpler to get the desired look and match everything to the original. MK11 graphics + old school gameplay... what's not to love?
one MK3 project - this one is odd, MK3 was never overly loved, so to push something new based on that seems weird. Curious to know what it was though..

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
one MK3 project - this one is odd, MK3 was never overly loved, so to push something new based on that seems weird. Curious to know what it was though..
I may be speaking complete nonsense now, so don't quote me on this, but this wasn't about MK3. It was called MK3 Project because I think it had something to do with ... three characters or ... three something? Kenshimaster16 may be able to shed some light on this. But I am quite positive it wasn't about MK3 the 'game'.

Sounds about right and there are definitely signs are there that there’s problems / issues or at least changes behind the scenes that are not positive for MK11 and the movie and that future content is unlikely to be anything big. Thx for sharing and we can all vouch for kenshi16master, he’s solid and never tries to get attention or just runs with rumours. I believe him 100% when he makes claims like this.

Even without this info, there were signs. As soon as Rain and Mileena were revealed I felt it was a sign of the end. Nothing against the characters but they were both heavily requested and just seemed like a certified cash grab. Sort of like one last Big Bang before ending support. Once the movie skins followed quick without much hype created by NRS and Boon, that was the nail in the coffin for me.

Given Boon’s desire to move away from MK, I sense a long hiatus and maybe even a farewell after releasing the next new IP. I cannot see this Injustice MK cycle continue. Not a bad sign, he claimed to be tired after X and given his emotional connection to the franchise - for better and for worse - and its fans who can be insufferable and insatiable, it’s understandable to move away and let others take over. That is if MK will be a thing going forward.

It’s the weirdest thing though, MK is such a big brand and pure cash cow, that even if you don’t like the gore or whatever, business wise it’s just asinine not to continue supporting the game, use the game to promote the movie and vice versa and just invest even more.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
To be frank, I don't mind NRS taking a long break from MK if they were fatigued by it, or if WB assigns the MK brand to a different developer, as long as MK11 finishes with the KP3 I hope it will.

MKX is still amazing to play so if no one of the MKX roster makes it to MK11, I don't mind as long as 1-2 non-MKX characters that I really want to see make it to the roster.

Would I prefer it if MK keeps going? Of course I would. It's my favorite IP - right there with Resident Evil. But I don't want the devs to work on it like a chore.

To be frank, I don't mind NRS taking a long break from MK if they were fatigued by it, or if WB assigns the MK brand to a different developer, as long as MK11 finishes with the KP3 I hope it will.

MKX is still amazing to play so if no one of the MKX roster makes it to MK11, I don't mind as long as 1-2 non-MKX characters that I really want to see make it to the roster.

Would I prefer it if MK keeps going? Of course I would. It's my favorite IP - right there with Resident Evil. But I don't want the devs to work on it like a chore.
Exactly, in fact they should’ve held on to Aftermath and just spread all DLC way more. The amount of content we got during the pandemic is absurd and I don’t like the idea of them working that hard just to get all this stuff out so fast. KP3 should happen eventually in my opinion, 5 characters stretched out over a year, but to suddenly stop here would be leaving a very bitter taste. It would definitely keep me from investing in this franchise, at least emotionally.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Idk, it sounds like there might be 2 Kronikas or something. Maybe this is finally leading into them making a playable version of her. Or could just be a Tower event that lets you play as her
This 'DVD1' guy did say that Kronika will be one of the KP3 characters. Hm.

On another note, holy shit - Ed Boon can't. Stop. Talking. About. Marvel.

Either NRS is working on a Marvel fighting game ... or he is trolling WB to show his dissatisfaction about something.

Raider

Noob
It's pretty clear that Ed Boon is trolling WB and silently protesting. I don't know what is going on behind the closed doors but something IS going on definitely.

MK movie trailer that is breaking records is out for some time and Ed is refusing to even acknowledge or mention the movie. He is butthurt, question is why. He is like "WandaVision, Avengers, Superman, Spider-Man"...

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
It's pretty clear that Ed Boon is trolling WB and silently protesting. I don't know what is going on behind the closed doors but something IS going on definitely.

MK movie trailer that is breaking records is out for some time and Ed is refusing to even acknowledge or mention the movie. He is butthurt, question is why. He is like "WandaVision, Avengers, Superman, Spider-Man"...
I wonder if he asked WB whether he could tweet some teases about future MK11 content and WB was like, "NO! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MK FUTURE CONTENT - NO TEASES, NO RIDDLES, NOTHING!!" and then Ed was like, "Fine. I won't say anything MK related" to the point where he won't even hype the movie.

I wonder if he asked WB whether he could tweet some teases about future MK11 content and WB was like, "NO! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MK FUTURE CONTENT - NO TEASES, NO RIDDLES, NOTHING!!" and then Ed was like, "Fine. I won't say anything MK related" to the point where he won't even hype the movie.
yeah could see that. NRS devs have mentioned before that they couldn’t speak on things until a certain time/ date.

Kronika as playable would be such a downer. If it really is that, a cyborg and Havik then while we do get my most requested character ever, the other 2 do not interest me even one bit.

With regards to the DC Mortal Kombat influence and connection, those creatures from Justice League are almost exactly like the generic Netherrealm creatures from X and 11.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Kronika as playable would be such a downer. If it really is that, a cyborg and Havik then while we do get my most requested character ever, the other 2 do not interest me even one bit.
IF he's being truthful, we may not get Havik at all.

He claims that KP3 is going to be six characters: 3 MK characters and 3 guests.

The three MK characters are going to be picked from Kronika, Sektor, Cyrax and Havik. Kronika, Sektor and Cyrax have models, voices and are basically less work than an MK character made of nothing. Havik was apparently the first of the Aftermath 2.0 characters they had began making, so he's the only one who 'had the most work done' compared to the other Aftermath 2.0 characters. Again, this is what he says - take it for what it is. IF it's true, it's quite possible that Havik may take the boot for the sake of the second cyber-ninja.

Apparently we'll know for sure in May, at the latest.

Ow I don’t believe him or anyone claiming anything, not even bit. Find it hilarious that some like yourself still somehow do, while finally acknowledging it’s getting very inconsistent. Just saying hypothetically it would be awful. And I could see a final lazy pack with Kronika a cyborg and a guest.

Folux182

Noob
The fact that the movie's trailer is breaking records shows the strength of the Mortal Kombat IP and doesn't reflect how the movie is going to end up. Ed is pissed off because he knows the movie's going to be a big disappointment. Boon didn't have any say in the production of this movie. I'm sure there will be cool fight scenes and maybe (?) even a fun soundtrack, but this movie's a disservice to the franchise and will be another bad mark for video game adaptations.