What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Has Kome!

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I wonder what this is about?

View attachment 17438
Well- it’s just Ed liking a tweet. What else should there behind it?
Don’t overanalyse everything Ed likes or RT’s. I doubt we’re getting ASH or MM. I’d rather have Ashrah than Ash Williams. I don’t mind guest characters, but at least add characters that fit the game and not just because they’re popular, or because they’re from horror films. Personally I think guests are obsolete in the MK franchise due to how many different characters they have in their arsenal.

Well- it’s just Ed liking a tweet. What else should there behind it?
Don’t overanalyse everything Ed likes or RT’s. I doubt we’re getting ASH or MM. I’d rather have Ashrah than Ash Williams. I don’t mind guest characters, but at least add characters that fit the game and not just because they’re popular, or because they’re from horror films. Personally I think guests are obsolete in the MK franchise due to how many different characters they have in their arsenal.
Most of the time if he notices a tweet like that, he'll usually follow it up with some kind of response. Like I said, it could be nothing. Then again, it's Ed Boon we're talking about.

Art Lean

Noob
Players want closure from the leaks and the ash situation. Making everyone speculate and giving them a false sense of hope just adds fuel to the fire.
That sadly goes for MK in general too from WB:

Why no teasers or publicity of any kind for the new movie?

What happened to fully filmed MK Legacy Season 3: MKX Generations?

Art Lean

Noob
Where are the rumours for movie skins coming from, did I miss a clue somewhere?

You talking about the mk movie? Filming finished many months ago. It’s been in post production for a while. We should be getting a trailer for it soon unless the pandemic has pushed it back. It’s suppose to come out in January.
Just anything would be nice; a publicity photo, an in-costume cast shot etc. Just to start building some hype and remind people it's out there.

Knowing that Legacy 3 seems to have been canned for NO disclosed reason whatsoever yet was apparently completely finished (and who doesn't want more of Tagawa's Shang in live action form?) just sits very uncomfortably with me when there's practically nothing being revealed about his movie yet either. And after "Mortal Kombat Devastation" (or whatever it was meant to be called) lingered in development hell for so many years before Threshold silently disappeared off the radar, then the fully completed third season of Legacy gets shelved for no publicised reason (and is what got Lewis Tan into the Mortal Kombat casting lounge as he was Kung Lao in that), I just want to see some proper reassurance that MK's coming back to the big screen.

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
Shut the front door. Wow... ok. :eek:

Though if that's Lambert, he sounds like Yoda with throat cancer! :(

But my god I'd sign up for that Sonya voice in a heart beat, Bridgette Wilson-Sampras and Linden Ashby still sound fantastic and will be my defaults without hesitation. I guess they'll be released like Dimitri Vegas was for Sub Zero, a specific voice to go with the specific skin?

And if this actually is a thing that's happening... can we please get the Shang Tsung announcer pack already!!!!!!!! It's the most obvious and sense-making thing that's ever made sense ever! AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! :mad:

Edit to add... guess that IS how Lambert sounds now:

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
Ya, I found a recent video of him talking too when I heard the clip. I want this to mean that maybe one of the DLC is...you. I think it would be kinda cool.
I have absolute zero confidence in Art Lean making the game haha (fun as it would be), but holy hell if the MK movie actors appearing in the game is the thing being hinted at in these clues... could my ridiculously stupid jokey post of the cast looking up to the sky at the end of Mortal Kombat movie actually be the correct answer to the "Look up to the skies and see!" Queen clue (if not the ending, then the "Look... it has begun!" scene)?

Namely, it's the cast of MK the movie lending their likenesses? :eek:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Didn't Boon straight up denied Michael Meyers?
No. he flat-out deconfirmed Ash. With Michael he was playful with his words and a tease. So he could be bullshitting us.

I wonder if Havik became DLC at the last moment because the deal fell through with Ash. It is a possibility.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
No. he flat-out deconfirmed Ash. With Michael he was playful with his words and a tease. So he could be bullshitting us.

I wonder if Havik became DLC at the last moment because the deal fell through with Ash. It is a possibility.
Even the characters Ed deconfirmed, it could be for that specific clue only.
yeah .... at this point, a lot of stuff Ed is spreading through his Twitter, is just damage control , just red herring marketing strategy ...... he knows, he is aware that MK fanbase know his famous trolls tactics, so, we have to take anything and everything that Mr. Boon says regarding MK franchise, with a bit of grain of salt ..... incredible that people did not learned this so far , lol :p :DOGE