What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Has Kome!

Art Lean

Noob
Without intending to be insulting to other people's tastes, can someone please tell me what the appeal is of Ghostface hypothetically being a character?

I personally cannot comprehend why anyone would want the 'character' in Mortal Kombat at all? For a start, it's not even a character, it's literally a cheap halloween costume, goofy rubber mask and anonymous persona adopted by a variety of characters, all of whom were largely dorky high-school students just trying to frame others. A glorified 'Whodunnit' Scooby Doo costume that's utilised by a number of unthreatening individuals who aren't remotely combat-skilled, scary or interesting. Least of all would be there to fight "for the fate of the world!"

Again, not mocking what others' like, just giving my opinion on why I don't see what's appealing about the 'character' when that's literally an accurate description of the role throughout the various Scream movies. Which is fine for those movies, but how does it fit with Mortal Kombat?

And no, I'm not a fan of the guests already in MK11, but at a push could maaaaybe understand Terminator and Robocop? I guess? Joker... no. Thought he's meant to be a criminal mastermind, not an expert martial artist.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
The appeal of Ghostface is his personality mostly. Not that I would advocate for him being in the game either over other characters, but that's why people tend to like him. Sort of a meme-y kind of slasher killer vibe.

Also, Joker being either a criminal mastermind wiener or an expert martial artist.. or both just depends on which iteration you're reading.

Art Lean

Noob
The appeal of Ghostface is his personality mostly. Not that I would advocate for him being in the game either over other characters, but that's why people tend to like him. Sort of a meme-y kind of slasher killer vibe.

Also, Joker being either a criminal mastermind wiener or an expert martial artist.. or both just depends on which iteration you're reading.
But as I said, does Ghostface even have a personality when he's been around 5 or 6 different people? I just see 'him' (since that changes) as a bunch of young 20-something character actors beneath a silly halloween costume? Surely it's like saying the Jason costume used by an impostor from Jason Takes Manhattan is an equally defining version of the character? :confused:

But as I said, I'm not trying to be insulting to Scream fans, I'm just saying from my perspective, he's not even a character, just a costume and I see him as whoever it was pretending to be him each movie and in every film it was someone non-threatening.

As for Joker, that's fair enough. I freely admit I don't know much about DC comics, I'm not fan of superheroes or supervillains, I only know the character from the 60s show, the 89 movie and the Dark Knight, as well as the trailer to the recent Joker film (sorry I've not seen it), but in all these it seemed like any of the martial arts-expert photo-captured actors from the original MK games would have literally kicked his ass so hard he'd be in a wheel chair drinking dinner through a straw had they entered an actual fighting arena with him (whichever version it was?) and his power came from being a criminally insane mastermind out-thinking the heroes rather than out-combatting them.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
Yea, he has one that's a pretty consistent through-line in most of his incarnations. Creepily sinister, but at the same time possessed of a certain dark humor when pursuing victims. His appearance in Dead by Daylight proves that his character can be implemented into video game format, hitting on certain aspects that make the character. i.e. stalking, taking selfies when killing someone, etc.
Not that I want him in the game, but I don't think it would be a stretch to place him into an MK game. A shadowy teleport to emphasize his sneakiness, taunts, command grabs with his hunting knife etc..

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
As for Joker, that's fair enough. I freely admit I don't know much about DC comics, I'm not fan of superheroes or supervillains, I only know the character from the 60s show, the 89 movie and the Dark Knight, as well as the trailer to the recent Joker film (sorry I've not seen it), but in all these it seemed like any of the martial arts-expert photo-captured actors from the original MK games would have literally kicked his ass so hard he'd be in a wheel chair drinking dinner through a straw had they entered an actual fighting arena with him (whichever version it was?) and his power came from being a criminally insane mastermind out-thinking the heroes rather than out-combatting them.

Thats the best part of MK11 Joker tho, he doesn't fight like he's an expert. Other than his standing 1 and crouching 1 I don't think Joker throws any punches at all. Everything he does is cheap, dirty and wild. He pokes you in the face with his cane, throws flaming cards at you, sets traps etc. All of his cheating is because he can't normally keep up with someone like Liu Kang or Jax

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I really want Ghostface personally, I think he’s such an open canvas for a moveset. Terrordrome did some sick shit with GF, utilizing the fact he could be absolutely anybody to make multiple appear on screen at one time and do MVC style assists.

I’m a die hard Scream fan though, so I’d mainly play him for that alone. If they get the OG voice actor ugh I’d be so thrilled. He’s one of the few guests that would make me a little more calm about ash being canceled

While I hate myself for getting wrapped up in Boon's troll hints I think they're hinting towards Mileena. Queen because Mileena was queen of outworld for a hot second. Look to the sky: teleport kick comes from the sky (kinda reaching here). And now with this nightmare on elm street trailer "clue" i think Mileena cause she went to the dream realm.

This is my educated guess. Of course he might not even be hinting to a new character or kp2. It could be krypt expansion related (think like portal to dream realm) which would be beyond lame. A bunch of treasure chests filled with augments would suck.

MetBart

Noob
Hey guys!

It's my first post here, but I've been following the site since awhile.

Apart from speculations, hopefully upcoming update will trigger the krypt to unlock the rest of concept art (yeah I'm that guy). After some time it just stopped spitting it out and I have no klue how to complete it. It's kinda annoying.

This guessing game just makes things worse than it already is. I understand Ed likes to have fun, but I don't feel he really needed to start a riddle hunt, even if he is under strict orders from Warner Bros to not go into much details. Players want closure from the leaks and the ash situation. Making everyone speculate and giving them a false sense of hope just adds fuel to the fire.

Last edited:

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I’m pretty much over Ed boon and NRS at this point. Teasing and giving clues is all fun and games. But at some point it’s tiring, announcing a KP2/3 without announcing any characters would already help the fanbase. Idk why the fans have to even leak those kinda things just because NRS likes to be hush hush about everything. Communication is key.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
So, looks like we may be getting a MK Movie pack with their VO. Does that mean we may be getting Art Lean too? The past two games have added an MK character that has kinda been around but never before playable and added as DLC in Tremor and Skarlett (Even though shee was never an official character, just a rumor like how Ermac was). I think Art kinda fits this bill. I guess the only difference is they have been around the lore (or rumored) within the actual games and Art, to my knowledge, has only ever been associated with the movies. But with NRS giving a lot of love to the movie with this game, I can see him being added.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Scarecrow is psychological Horror. He's no where near as Violet as Joker so he's 1 million percent not happening.