What's new

Kombat Pack 2 Has Kome!

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
So there I was happily modding the Wu Shi Dragon Grotto stage for "offline" usage, when I ran across some interesting data.
It seems there are some stage brutalities (whose input has not yet been discovered, or for upcoming content) listed only in this stage, and on each character's MKO file.
  • BrutalitySwordSlice
  • Brutality_Death_Tombstone (only available in 7 character's MKO, so most likely upcoming content)
  • BrutalityMk2Decap
These references (except where mentioned otherwise) are in all MKO files for the character's, so whatever it is, it's ready to be used.
In Shinnok's Bone Temple MKO there is also some potential upcoming content:
  • Brutality_Death_DragonFire_2 (only available on 6 characters's MKO file, so most likely upcoming content)
  • BrutalityInteractSpikePotsOutVictim
The references in Shinnok's Bone Temple exist only in this MKO file not the characters's, so it is likely upcoming content. The (known) stage brutality with the amulet is called BrutalityShinnokAmuletBlast and the KB with the spikes is called BloodBathKrushingBlow.
Anyway, as there are some people more inclined to hunt for brutalities than, I hope this helps.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/jdosgc

Art Lean

Noob
I’ve never played the cyborgs, but there really is 0 reasons why they shouldn’t be in this game. Ed literally said they wouldn’t do what they did with Rain, Sindel and Baraka but here we are.
One would assume that even for the designers it's the easy pay-day option?

The fans want DLC characters, they have two characters already in the game with full models, moves and combos.

They have less work to do, fans get what they want, why withhold characters already in the game when it's a minimum amount of effort to increase the DLC revenue?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I don't see why people think we'd get Sektor & Cyrax for free. Tanya and Bo were both NPCs in MKX's story mode and we had to pay for them.

Either NRS makes new skins, cinematics, animations, finishers and voice lines for these 2 characters and charges nothing for all of that work. Or they release them as is, completely barebones with a few balance tweaks to justify them being free.

I don't see either option for this scenario.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I don't see why people think we'd get Sektor & Cyrax for free. Tanya and Bo were both NPCs in MKX's story mode and we had to pay for them.

Either NRS makes new skins, cinematics, animations, finishers and voice lines for these 2 characters and charges nothing for all of that work. Or they release them as is, completely barebones with a few balance tweaks to justify them being free.

I don't see either option for this scenario.
I have theory that NRS might do it because they originally planned on doing a fighter pack 0 for INJ2 where we'd get Batgirl, Zod, Shazam, and Doomsday.

It is past the 25th anniversary of MK so to keep the fire going, they definitely "aren't done yet, not even klose" to quote Ed. And since they planned on Mileena and Rain from the beginning, then it is safe to assume that the guest was changed to Rambo as a result of not getting Ashe.

Finally, when you release 3 characters, that's 3 more characters to balance. As we've seen with the balance patches for the game, they only have come for HUGE changes, and what's a big change? The last 5 characters. ;)

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I have theory that NRS might do it because they originally planned on doing a fighter pack 0 for INJ2 where we'd get Batgirl, Zod, Shazam, and Doomsday.

It is past the 25th anniversary of MK so to keep the fire going, they definitely "aren't done yet, not even klose" to quote Ed. And since they planned on Mileena and Rain from the beginning, then it is safe to assume that the guest was changed to Rambo as a result of not getting Ashe.

Finally, when you release 3 characters, that's 3 more characters to balance. As we've seen with the balance patches for the game, they only have come for HUGE changes, and what's a big change? The last 5 characters. ;)

Okay, but where does free factor into that?