What's new

Kombat League Season XI (Next Week) Banner/Skins

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I really wanted that Baraka skin, but I really don't feel like grinding for demigod especially since I don't care about anything else in this season including the skins of the other characters. Well maybe Osh-Tekk season.

So how many fights do you have to win to get that Baraka and D'Vorah skin and how long before a season ends?
How many fights you have to fight depends on how much you win and who you're matched up against. You get more points for beating higher ranked people so there's no set number, but if you're winning on a fairly regular basis and start now, I usually get to demigod-where you will have D'vorah and Baraka's skins in about ten days playing five sessions a day, but that is assuming you win a lot.

You got a month to do it so the sooner you start(season kicked off today) the better.

I really wanted that Baraka skin, but I really don't feel like grinding for demigod especially since I don't care about anything else in this season including the skins of the other characters. Well maybe Osh-Tekk season.

How many fights you have to fight depends on how much you win and who you're matched up against. You get more points for beating higher ranked people so there's no set number, but if you're winning on a fairly regular basis and start now, I usually get to demigod-where you will have D'vorah and Baraka's skins in about ten days playing five sessions a day, but that is assuming you win a lot.

You got a month to do it so the sooner you start(season kicked off today) the better.
Holy crap, that's probably like 2-3 weeks. Grinding is such a disgusting tactic.

Ten days, five sets isn't a lot.

If you like a game, playing five sets ten different days isn't a big deal. I think you can do five sets in an hour or less, I don't think I'd qualify that as "grinding".
I don't have time to do 5 sets a day. Maybe play the game 2-3 times a week for about an hour.

Another KL with Jax and Jacqui receiving skins and forcing me to grind to get Demi god for the one skin I really care about.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
with still no kind of filter, i guess i just use the unlocker and be done with it and dont waste my time with shity forced matches.

Zviko

Noob
I am Kombatant currently and i keep getting 10 points per win, is this normal??
If you are getting matched against other Kombatants and below, which is most likely the case at this stage, then yes it's normal. Which is why a lot of people wait till the last week of the season and get 150 points per win. Takes a lot less games to climb.

Raider

Noob
If you are getting matched against other Kombatants and below, which is most likely the case at this stage, then yes it's normal. Which is why a lot of people wait till the last week of the season and get 150 points per win. Takes a lot less games to climb.
It sucks so much! I hat few sets today where i played for 10 points if i win!

DeftMonk

Noob
I don’t understand why people complain about “grinding” in KL. You get these skins by playing ranked more or less (what I’d be doing anyway). Grinding is like doing something monotonous you wouldn’t otherwise do except for the reward you would get. Like foraging a bush in an rpg for a week so you can lvl up ur vineyard or some crap lol.
If you wouldn’t normally play mk11 and it really is a grind for u, then why u want those skins?

Raider

Noob
I don’t understand why people complain about “grinding” in KL. You get these skins by playing ranked more or less (what I’d be doing anyway). Grinding is like doing something monotonous you wouldn’t otherwise do except for the reward you would get. Like foraging a bush in an rpg for a week so you can lvl up ur vineyard or some crap lol.
If you wouldn’t normally play mk11 and it really is a grind for u, then why u want those skins?
A lot of ppl are playing KL for skins/gear only and find it super frustrating.

Correct, what you'd be doing. Some people enjoy a more laid back play style, going for towers of time, completing character towers, not caring too much about competitiveness and the frustration of having to actually study characters in depth. I test my variations, get my combos and go for the ToT pretty simple and straightforward, I like to enjoy the game from a more artistic point of view. Would be pretty good if these rewards were more accessible to different kinds of players indeed, after all, if people are so much about ranked, than I believe a skin being more accessible wouldn't make that much of a difference competitively, right?

DeftMonk

Noob
Correct, what you'd be doing. Some people enjoy a more laid back play style, going for towers of time, completing character towers, not caring too much about competitiveness and the frustration of having to actually study characters in depth. I test my variations, get my combos and go for the ToT pretty simple and straightforward, I like to enjoy the game from a more artistic point of view. Would be pretty good if these rewards were more accessible to different kinds of players indeed, after all, if people are so much about ranked, than I believe a skin being more accessible wouldn't make that much of a difference competitively, right?
I get ur point. And sorry if the tone of the post was rude....I just see the argument a lot and I hope this isn’t something that changes for next NRS game.

Nrs has been updating this game with skins non stop as rewards for online ranked which is honestly amazing (ya some skins are lackluster but it’s still great). Maybe in the next title tho they could consider doing something like two skins with different color / auras (fire /ice around the character etc.) each season. The red skin with fire would be obtainable through ranked...while the blue skin with ice would be through some rigorous ToT grind?

Raider

Noob
KL is really not worth playing currently, at least on PC. Game keeps matching me with ranks lower then mine. If i lose the match i lose around 30 points if i win i only get 10 points. What kind of BS is this?

Last edited:
I get ur point. And sorry if the tone of the post was rude....I just see the argument a lot and I hope this isn’t something that changes for next NRS game.

Nrs has been updating this game with skins non stop as rewards for online ranked which is honestly amazing (ya some skins are lackluster but it’s still great). Maybe in the next title tho they could consider doing something like two skins with different color / auras (fire /ice around the character etc.) each season. The red skin with fire would be obtainable through ranked...while the blue skin with ice would be through some rigorous ToT grind?
Yeah, I think making the rewards appeal universally across play styles would be ideal, requirements you could either complete in single or multiplayer for example, to be honest the game should have solutions like this for all unlockables. Making the competitive community + single players being able to explore the rewards and Krypt with the same time investment is likely the way to go, because at the end of the day we're mostly adults that have jobs and limited time to play games, so rewarding the player equally for enjoying it the way it is most fun to them would be great. That requires study and testing on the NRS side though.