What's new

Kombat league point decay

So,
Until this moment I was aware of the decay system and knew that it started after 48 hours with a maximum decay of 200 points. I am in a unique situation with work that essentially forces me to delete 2 days a week. Two back to back 17 hour shifts plus commute. So having just gotten off of work I thought I had best get a game in to avoid the decay because I had played Sunday. Welp, too late as it turns out. But, with a maximum of 200 points how bad could it be? Going out of Sunday I had 3240 points... I log in to find I have a score of 3140.... 100 points down... Yeah.... Really fun stuff knowing I have lost 100 points weekly!

its not a big deal
I agree it's really not a big deal. Shouldn't let it stress us out more than KL does already.

I get why they did it, it's encouragement to continue to play KL here and there rather than just riding out your desired reward tier, and it seems to be working. Also it is supposed to be a league, players are always moving up and down tiers so if you reached Demi-God and stopped playing for a week there could be 1000 better players in Demi-God with you now and NRS seems to want you to play (and usually lose) in that dynamic.

Baseball players need to show up for their league and we do as well if we want to participate in the league, that includes bench players in hobby leagues/minor leagues. ...It would be nice if we could select two off days per week though.

just play 1 game it takes 5 minutes
See I don't know why you went there afterwards, no one is gonna want to log in and play kombat league after a 12hr shift, much less 17hrs, and god help the OP if he works standing/walking for most of it.

Actually I would probably leaning towards the assumption that they were mentally ill if they did jump on MK

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
i work for 12hrs shift its like 16hrs with ride to/back home and i just takes like 5 minutes to play one game.
there is no excuse that u cant find 5 minutes out of 3 days to log in and play lol

Point decay is utter bullshit no matter what. Why is this a thing anyway? You're forced to fight against people for 15-20 points with the potential loss of 89-100 points and they call that skill-based, balanced matchmaking. Plus there's point decay so if you're on vacation with your family you should still bring a console with you to hop on hotel wi-fi to keep your progress.

If this is a league with divisions in it you should always fight against people in your Rank for +50/-15 with those +40/-20 and +60/-10 on the side if you're a favorite or the outsider. But playing out of your league is just a shortcut for skilled people to let the rookies ranked up then beat them for 100-150 points.

I find Season 2 much less fun and if they launch Season 3 soon after S2 is ended I won't take it seriously. FT3 Ranked sets should always be available during Kombat League as a separate mode for those who couldn't care less about this Online grindfest called Kombat League.

So, you should just be able to grind points and sit on them forever?
To be honest when i started this thread the decay was still set to 48 hours. I searched but was unable to find the amount you lost after the 48 hour time frame. When i discovered that it was 100 i was a little shocked and thought i would share that information. i assumed it would be in the neighborhood of 15 points a day.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
You're forced to fight against people for 15-20 points with the potential loss of 89-100 points
This is infuriating. Happens way too often, and I’m only in Grand Master.

I’m 2/3 through GM, and last night I got matched against someone who had just barely made it into Master (like just barely, a few points). I beat him for a measly 20 points, but had I lost, it was over 100 points at stake. So he got a rank down to Champion after that match. Wtf kind of matchmaking is this bullshit?