What's new

Kombat League Official In-Game Announcement

Comments

It's pointless because there's really nothing to gain from it. It's just a mode that limits gameplay and subjegates people to an overly combative mindframe when a video game is meant to be played and enjoyed. There was a time when you'd meet up at an arcade for tournaments and the winner got a pizza or free play for x amount of money. That was gamers going out and socializing, now a days people just sit on their ass and wait for match with someone miles away. Esports is a damn joke, but I understand its appeal, people who breath heavier just from getting off the couch can say they participate in a 'sport'.

Having any form of ranked anything just brings out the narcissistic tendencies in people who are near the top of these lists while youtubers and developers look these over, drop to their knees, open their mouths and praise the 'top players', why? I have no idea, I look at a ranked list and see the top five or top ten to be socially awkward outcasts who have no life outside of video games and facebook, people who get validation at being the "best" at pushing buttons. That's just my opinion.
That's a terrible mentality, and Baraka's head is cut off in your profile picture guy

It's pointless because there's really nothing to gain from it. It's just a mode that limits gameplay and subjegates people to an overly combative mindframe when a video game is meant to be played and enjoyed. There was a time when you'd meet up at an arcade for tournaments and the winner got a pizza or free play for x amount of money. That was gamers going out and socializing, now a days people just sit on their ass and wait for match with someone miles away. Esports is a damn joke, but I understand its appeal, people who breath heavier just from getting off the couch can say they participate in a 'sport'.

Having any form of ranked anything just brings out the narcissistic tendencies in people who are near the top of these lists while youtubers and developers look these over, drop to their knees, open their mouths and praise the 'top players', why? I have no idea, I look at a ranked list and see the top five or top ten to be socially awkward outcasts who have no life outside of video games and facebook, people who get validation at being the "best" at pushing buttons. That's just my opinion.
"People who are good at games are social outcasts" This is an impossibly stupid and childish mindset to have. Because people hit the top 10 ranked they automatically become losers? Maybe you should face facts and admit you're bad so you make excuses towards those that aren't, because that's all this mentality of yours is.

For anyone interested, this is a textbook case of cognitive dissonance, projection and jealousy. This is what this dude was made to feel like back when he played so now that esports and gaming are actual things, he both comes to a competitive site based around that, but also downplays and makes fun of it.

Sounds fun.

If the exclusive rewards are skins/cosmetics the backlash will be huge. It will probably be Kombat Kard stuff.

And i still hope there will be character lock.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself my dude

lmao that guy’s cope post.

yep, you can just tell this guy got bodied in ranked so hard 1 day. just collapsed on the spot in a catatonic state after 1 loss too many. laying there in the fetal position, this is what his ego came up with so that he could cope with the reality that he sucks and get off the floor

Yeah I agree. I'm not gonna lie, badges make me think of Pokemon League but with MK chars. Lol
lmao yep, I like them, it's cool and everything, but if we get exclusive items for our characters that's pretty sweet. I won't even mind if Cassie doesn't have an outfit with her undercut! Jk, I'll still be pissed.

lmao yep, I like them, it's cool and everything, but if we get exclusive items for our characters that's pretty sweet. I won't even mind if Cassie doesn't have an outfit with her undercut! Jk, I'll still be pissed.
Hell yeah. I think having skins or gear that are more than ToT grind or sheer luck in the Krypt will be wayyy more rewarding.

Something like 20 online win streak with a specific char= badass skin hardly anyone has... could be cool.

Most professional gamers at the top, in various different games, tend to be in decent, if not good, shape and are generally not social outcasts. In fact their success tends to help them become better with people and crowds due to their celebrity, collaborations, and interviews. It's typically the opposite actually; at least, if they were indeed socially awkward beforehand. They tend to take good to decent care of their bodies because they know how it effects the mind. It sounds like you basically just through every ignorant cliche into one post for some reason. It could be because you are particularly bad at the game, bitter about something else and it's just coming out here, or perhaps you are a social outcast yourself but regardless, you have definitely gotten the attention that you clearly wanted. I have no idea if it's the kind you intended though.

IF something is going on in your life and you are just using this to lash out then that should be addressed and you speak with someone. This isn't meant to be insulting, I genuinely mean this.

"People who are good at games are social outcasts" This is an impossibly stupid and childish mindset to have. Because people hit the top 10 ranked they automatically become losers? Maybe you should face facts and admit you're bad so you make excuses towards those that aren't, because that's all this mentality of yours is.
only like 8/10 are social outcasts this resistible guy is deluded.

Why would it be pointless ego stroking? o__O People use it because it's a mode for people to use komp variations on a more serious setting. Basically it was the prequel to Kombat League.

Personally I hope there's some sort of reward (even if it's a useless color re-skin) for accomplishing X rank, but most probably to be fair to more casuals it will just be the border+icon.

A Few notes.

1. Its spelled - Subjugate.

2. People play ranked for the purpose of a competitive match because they enjoy a competitive outlet. ( That is the point of it.) Thus it is a choice to play and peoples mind set while playing is also a choice so no one is subjugated to anything.

3. By the tone of your post you get wiped a lot and would enjoy being good but because your not or just not on the level you want to be. You down play the entire experience and shit all over anyone who is good at the game because in your opinion its just about "pushing buttons" better than everyone else even at the highest level.

4. You mentioned looking at ranked lists and looking up the best in game so that means on some level you care who is the best and although I agree a lot of them are not the most socially adaptable people on earth they are doing what they enjoy and for some they are making great money doing it so why wouldn't they continue.

5. You spent 60.00 bucks on the game early in its life cycle and you created a profile on this website which is another clue that you have slightly more than a casual interest in fighting games.