What's new

Kombat League Official In-Game Announcement

Comments

Exclusive rewards, so there's certain gear and skins that'll locked behind mode?
Maybe, but I wouldn't really get your hopes up.

From datamining we know you will be able to get new Kombat Kard borders (and backgrounds too, I think), so it could just be that.

But I wouldn't be surprised if every character had at least one skin you could earn, like if you make it to the Elder God rank you get an "Elder God" skin for a character that even makes their eyes white and everything.

Maybe, but I wouldn't really get your hopes up.

From datamining we know you will be able to get new Kombat Kard borders (and backgrounds too, I think), so it could just be that.

But I wouldn't be surprised if every character had at least one skin you could earn, like if you make it to the Elder God rank you get an "Elder God" skin for a character that even makes their eyes white and everything.
My hopes aren't up at all, I'd perfer if it was just Kombat Kard junk. I'm not that great online, sitting around 50% on Kasual and zero on ranked since I see ranked matches as pointless ego stroking.

Dam it. I love my customs so I have barely touched ranked. I'll have to see what the rewards are to know if it'll be worth it.

I don't know how I feel about this. Ft2 just doesn't feel like enough games, and to be honest, I'm actually really bad in the first game before I see how someone plays. Not to mention that if I want to actually stick with my main, I'll be at a disadvantage.

I think I'll most likely stick to casuals and long sets, at least until the first balance patch. Even though it's ranked, and doesn't really matter, still bothers me when I lose in there more than if I'd lost a ft10. Those feel like an accurate measure of skill, while in a ft2, I've barely had a chance to get a feel for my opponent.

My hopes aren't up at all, I'd perfer if it was just Kombat Kard junk. I'm not that great online, sitting around 50% on Kasual and zero on ranked since I see ranked matches as pointless ego stroking.
Why would it be pointless ego stroking? o__O People use it because it's a mode for people to use komp variations on a more serious setting. Basically it was the prequel to Kombat League.

Personally I hope there's some sort of reward (even if it's a useless color re-skin) for accomplishing X rank, but most probably to be fair to more casuals it will just be the border+icon.

Why would it be pointless ego stroking? o__O People use it because it's a mode for people to use komp variations on a more serious setting. Basically it was the prequel to Kombat League.
It's pointless because there's really nothing to gain from it. It's just a mode that limits gameplay and subjegates people to an overly combative mindframe when a video game is meant to be played and enjoyed. There was a time when you'd meet up at an arcade for tournaments and the winner got a pizza or free play for x amount of money. That was gamers going out and socializing, now a days people just sit on their ass and wait for match with someone miles away. Esports is a damn joke, but I understand its appeal, people who breath heavier just from getting off the couch can say they participate in a 'sport'.

Having any form of ranked anything just brings out the narcissistic tendencies in people who are near the top of these lists while youtubers and developers look these over, drop to their knees, open their mouths and praise the 'top players', why? I have no idea, I look at a ranked list and see the top five or top ten to be socially awkward outcasts who have no life outside of video games and facebook, people who get validation at being the "best" at pushing buttons. That's just my opinion.

It's pointless because there's really nothing to gain from it. It's just a mode that limits gameplay and subjegates people to an overly combative mindframe when a video game is meant to be played and enjoyed. There was a time when you'd meet up at an arcade for tournaments and the winner got a pizza or free play for x amount of money. That was gamers going out and socializing, now a days people just sit on their ass and wait for match with someone miles away. Esports is a damn joke, but I understand its appeal, people who breath heavier just from getting off the couch can say they participate in a 'sport'.

Having any form of ranked anything just brings out the narcissistic tendencies in people who are near the top of these lists while youtubers and developers look these over, drop to their knees, open their mouths and praise the 'top players', why? I have no idea, I look at a ranked list and see the top five or top ten to be socially awkward outcasts who have no life outside of video games and facebook, people who get validation at being the "best" at pushing buttons. That's just my opinion.
wat.................. those who play ranked is because this is a fighting game that the main focus is 1on1 gameplay. It's normal in nature for the more dedicated players to play it seriously. I was born in '92 so I wasn't a part of the golden era of arcades myself, but I used to go w/ my uncle to pizza places or even dedicated arcade areas where people used to borderline fist fight over an argument if people were using throws in SF2 and didn't follow the "throw for throw" etiquette. There were legit rivalries across regions (Hell, watch some OG MvC2 videos of west vs east to see how competitive it was.) over proving they were the best. No pizza or money was even required at times. It's the competitive nature in all of us. Now, instead of personal bragging rights we have an in-game leaderboard to display our skill level.

What arcade experience are you talking about? Going with your friends to dave in busters in 2010? Because what you're describing is a more casual arcade experience (Pac Man, Daytona USA racing etc.) than fighting games. Gamers DO travel to fighting game tournaments. Did you not read on how HUGE combo breaker was this year? That's not even counting upcoming CEO and EVO. These top players, although some are socially awkward, applies to EVERY stereotype and genre that thrives on introverted individuals. Also these players have shown that you can definitely have a healthy social life and be at the top (Ever been or seen videos on how the Japanese arcade scene is today? Still alive and well.) There's nothing to gain from it for you because the reality is your skill level is basically casual and have no desire to be competitive because you're not good at the game, nor care to be. That's fine, but to stereotype more competitive players and having this... weird fantasy of how arcade days used to be in the FGC scene back in the day just makes you look weird and preferably just stick to complaining on youtube comments than a board discussion.

Someone has been getting bodied in ranked...

I have a feeling they may put future costumes and possibly DLC gear, costumes etc in the Kombat League with some of their exclusive stuff.

But I do like this, I also kind of wish they added a more competitive, limited KOTH with 4-5 players only for less lag but it's all good.