What's new

Kombat League Info & General Discussion Thread!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I fought a combatant as a combatant myself. I gained 15 for losing but idr how much they got for winning.

Then I fought an apprentice and only gained 10 for winning, while they got 15
Do they randomly pair you up with wifi warriors or can you have the option to decline?

Not sure if I like the 'connect 25 throws for x reward'. What if I don't like throwing in this game? Or my character has crappy krushing blows so I can't reach that goal let alone in a ranked match setting.

Anyways, it is what it is and they can't please everyone I guess. See you guys on the battlefield!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Not sure if I like the 'connect 25 throws for x reward'. What if I don't like throwing in this game? Or my character has crappy krushing blows so I can't reach that goal let alone in a ranked match setting.

Anyways, it is what it is and they can't please everyone I guess. See you guys on the battlefield!
Yeah those are kinda...useless, all I want is dem skins and dat gear.

E

Eldriken

This seems like a total waste of time. The grinders are gonna still be in high ranks. So much for " playing with players of your skill level"
Aye. But it's still very new, so skill levels probably haven't been determined by whatever system they have in place for it. It's probably still ELOS or whatever it's called, but the matchmaking around it may be tweaked.

This seems like a total waste of time. The grinders are gonna still be in high ranks. So much for " playing with players of your skill level"
Aye. But it's still very new, so skill levels probably haven't been determined by whatever system they have in place for it. It's probably still ELOS or whatever it's called, but the matchmaking around it may be tweaked.
Many ranked systems are designed to allow for more upward mobility in the "lower" ranks, scrapping and clawing for a few measly points and losing them all after a couple games is a bad feeling for players starting out. I'm guessing/hoping that progress starts out easier and falls off into slower progress among the higher tiers.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
The system as a whole is identical to what we've been playing with nothing literal silence from NRS about how it works when it was coming then out of the blue 4 skins tied to daily's that we also were already doing. This mode is sickening I've legit never been more disappointed

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Many ranked systems are designed to allow for more upward mobility in the "lower" ranks, scrapping and clawing for a few measly points and losing them all after a couple games is a bad feeling for players starting out. I'm guessing/hoping that progress starts out easier and falls off into slower progress among the higher tiers.
So everyone gonna be at warrior since the RWC starts at champion?

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
I hope so. I'm waiting to see how it all develops, but at this moment I'm a bit disappointed too with the ranking system of this kombat league.

So everyone gonna be at warrior since the RWC starts at champion?
No idea, I haven't played yet or even launched the game so I can't guess what the distribution they want is. But based on people gaining points for early losses, I think they're trying to reduce friction on the early stages.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Bro you could beat people and still gain less points than they do. I was in Kombatant and played someone in Apprentice and won 2-0. They gained 15 points for losing and I gained 10 for winning lol
Well that's dumb.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So, Tyler said in the Kombat League trailer "don't worry about if you get demoted, you'll keep your highest rewards at the end of the season". How can you get demoted if you always get points? I'm assuming this means at the mid or higher ranks you likely lose points for losing? That's the only way any of this makes sense.

Also, I only played 8 matches so far, but two people quit during them and I got the win for both. Not sure what that means for people saying they didn't get the win, but I did.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
So, Tyler said in the Kombat League trailer "don't worry about if you get demoted, you'll keep your highest rewards at the end of the season". How can you get demoted if you always get points? I'm assuming this means at the mid or higher ranks you likely lose points for losing? That's the only way any of this makes sense.

Also, I only played 8 matches so far, but two people quit during them and I got the win for both. Not sure what that means for people saying they didn't get the win, but I did.
That's what I'm thinking yeah, but my win didn't count towards my streak and not on my W/L ratio. Maybe they quickly fixed it I'll check it out when I get home.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Bro you could beat people and still gain less points than they do. I was in Kombatant and played someone in Apprentice and won 2-0. They gained 15 points for losing and I gained 10 for winning lol
@16 Bit
Can you explain this further?
It seems absurd that someone a rank below me gets 5 more points for losing 2-0. I'm hoping we are wrong because a system like that rewards participants not skill or hard work. It should be an elo system 1:1 ratio. If I lose I lose 10 points if I win I gain 10 points.

Also will there be an option down the road to select:
FT2
FT3
FT5
So we can all get what we want from ranked modes and is it possible to filter out WiFi players. Rollback only supports 10f latency so if the connection is not solid and flucuates that's where lag becomes a problem.
Thank you Stephanie for all that you have done

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
That's what I'm thinking yeah, but my win didn't count towards my streak and not on my W/L ratio. Maybe they quickly fixed it I'll check it out when I get home.
Nope, I spoke too soon. On my 10th match, and was 8-1. So up and this guy disconnected during the final combo. Go back to next match and I'm 8-2. It gave ME the loss for HIM quitting last minute. Now I don't know what to think.