What's new

Kombat League and Quitting

So I'm playing in Kombat League for MK11 on Xbox One and Mercy a guy cause my life was like 35 percent and he was playing fair not cheeseballing.... then QUITALITY pops up on the screen. I message them saying he shouldn't do that he loses more points than taking an L. He replays back Actually I don't lose any points. Is this true and if so what can you do about this if anything?

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
So I'm playing in Kombat League for MK11 on Xbox One and Mercy a guy cause my life was like 35 percent and he was playing fair not cheeseballing.... then QUITALITY pops up on the screen. I message them saying he shouldn't do that he loses more points than taking an L. He replays back Actually I don't lose any points. Is this true and if so what can you do about this if anything?
If "quitality" popped up, that means he hit start and went to quit, which means he did indeed lose points. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

However if someone were to dashboard/pull the plug, then that's a different story.

Edit: Unless he's at a low rank, then you don't lose points for losing/quitting.

Suntory

Suntory
Was it a situation where there were +0 points for losing, and +20 or something for winning? If that's the case, I could see why he'd say that. Otherwise, if at the beginning it said "-15" for example for losing and he didn't lose any when quitality, then yea, that sounds odd to me too.

Zviko

Noob
Or maybe he thought he didn't lose any because sometimes when you quit during finish them screen it doesn't always update the points. You have to back out and in again or play another match.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Or maybe he thought he didn't lose any because sometimes when you quit during finish them screen it doesn't always update the points. You have to back out and in again or play another match.
This is probably what it was.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Yesterday I played this Shao Kahn in KL 3 times in a row. He never win a single match but on the second match of the set, the connection always fall before the end of the set and I lose points.
How this is possible? It piss me off...

He meant you don't lose more points for quitting than taking the loss normally. Quitality is a normal loss.

He just quited to save time and wasn't expecting a mercy.