What's new

Kombat Kast 10-2-19 Recap

New Kombat Kast this week, the Terminator branded one. For a look at this ballsy stud who smokes his stogie anywhere he wants, click below so that you too may learn how you may also avoid needing a hideout place.

In part of the early discussions, Derek let everyone know that the Towers of Time are going back to normal today from whatever rotation you were seeing. Since Terminator was already added to the game, they didn't want him showing up in Tower stuff too soon.

Getting right into it, Stephanie described him as a straight rushdown, brawler type character. Some fun stuff he gets in his base kit is an overhead move that leads into a throw that can be used to blow up delayed wakeups. He gets access to some future tech in his moves and his short hop punch has a krushing blow.

His base specials include a high shotgun blast that can be used fullscreen, does more damage the closer you are, and can be amplified twice to move really close in, or get back out of a bad situation. That armored shoulder turn from the trailer is in the base kit, and you don't take any damage while using it. Last base special shown off was a command grab that can throw the opponent back for damage, or restand them up close for plus frames.

In this first variation, he gets a big leap that hits overhead and gets him in quick. He also gets a Jax like ground pound that he can use in combos, but doesn't have the same range as the overhead. Lastly, he also gets an anti-air grab with solid combo potential.

Next up, he gets a grappling variation that gives him a running-man stance with a few moves he can do off of it. He gets a new command grab (the "I'll be back-breaker") that slams the opponent down on the Terminator's shoulder and allows him to pick which side the opponent gets dropped on. And along with that, he has an air-grab where he brings you down into a bear hug that can be amplified for another restand.

Last variation, he gets an unblockable grenade that locks your meter for a duration of time. He can throw another grenade down low that pops you up for an extension.

So after the showcase, Stephanie and Tyler played a match to show off Terminator and to embarrass Tyler on stream (including a perfect into a mercied brutality). So that was it. For anyone keeping score in the never-ending Tyler vs. Derek match Derek won 2-1.

Comments

Wow I love the design. I just hope they give him good frame data on his normals and block strings because his moves are so stubby. Then he'll be a close-up rushdown monster, otherwise he's probably gonna suck lol

He looks dope AF... I hope Bio or Forever King JR. use him in majors ... keen to see him crushing. Steph was doing near 500 dmg combos on stream!

Still the REAL hype is that Terminator is out now and we can start looking forward to the end of November ... as the Queen of Outworld is coming back to take her crown from the pretenders!!

OMFG all variations look good.
But I'm most excited for V3 with the grenades (Time Bombs) looks like cyrax setplay.
Looks like the bomb is fast recovery so I can see him doing setups into making them hold mix respecting the low bomb.
Might have a throw bomb setup? Or bomb might have adv on block for block string pressure?

I can't wait for him. If his V3 isn't good then his V1 looks good with those restands.
Hope his frame data is solid and has at least an 11f mid with good mix/KB's.

I guess we will see on the 8th?

But I'm most excited for V3 with the grenades (Time Bombs) looks like cyrax setplay.
Looks like the bomb is fast recovery so I can see him doing setups into making them hold mix respecting the low bomb.
Might have a throw bomb setup? Or bomb might have adv on block for block string pressure?

I can't wait for him. If his V3 isn't good then his V1 looks good with those restands.

Youtuber Super confirmed he has a 10f mid and 6f D1.

if the rest of the cast is any indication then the recovery on that shit is gonna be stupid as hell

Surprisingly enough, kinda.
yep, was afraid they were opting for doing poor customization for this fatality, but they did great , since T-800 is totally machine covered with organic tissue, so, no human brain inside, indeed .... Frost is an enhanced cybernetic , so, still has some functional human parts on her, pretty different concept :D

All of these references! I love NRS. I'm only 8 minutes into this and I'm loving it.
yep, truly cool homage and epic quotes , hehe ! very well done job by NRS including all of these classical Arnie, that not all are from Terminator movies, but from others movies too, as Predator ! and the T-800 voice acting is starting to grow up fine to me; could be better, but could be worse, so, seems at least more decent than "Sonya Rousey" and "Sub-Vegas", hehe ! :p

If you think about it, the VA is actually spot on. A Terminator can't convey emotion of any kind, so they're going to sound the way they do.
this is the thing though... the voice actor is doing a "perfect" impersonation. It actually sounds exactly like him, and as you say the no emotion thing also adds a little "that sounds strange" to it... BUT... what I think people wanted was a "cliche" impersonation.

When people do the impressions themselves or they usually hear impressions they are exaggerated for humor. I just think it is was more that people wanted to hear an impersonation more like this one..

than one that actually sounds identical to him.

People are saying it sounds weird for the same reasons they think their own voice sounds weird when they hear it recorded... they do not know what it sounds like. What people wanted was something that sounds like an impersonation of arnold... not one that sounds like arnold.

this is the thing though... the voice actor is doing a "perfect" impersonation. It actually sounds exactly like him, and as you say the no emotion thing also adds a little "that sounds strange" to it... BUT... what I think people wanted was a "cliche" impersonation.

When people do the impressions themselves or they usually hear impressions they are exaggerated for humor. I just think it is was more that people wanted to hear an impersonation more like this one..

than one that actually sounds identical to him.

People are saying it sounds weird for the same reasons they think their own voice sounds weird when they hear it recorded... they do not know what it sounds like. What people wanted was something that sounds like an impersonation of arnold... not one that sounds like arnold.
yep, Bill Hader did perfectly Arnie's voice tone, but with overdone humorous, hilarious one , hehe ... amazing impersonation by him, btw :D

the VA job done for the MK11 T-800 , yeah, seems is more self restrained and cold off ..... kinda a bit low tone than Arnie real voice, but, anyway, works more or less OK, I guess ... :)