What's new

Kombat Guide -- Free iOS / Android Frame Data Reference App

Hey All,

I’ve been working really hard to bring this mobile app to the Kommunity for a while now. It’s on iOS and Android and it’s free. Would love any feedback on how to improve it. It’s definitely a work in progress, but I think it’s in a great spot to share. The link above has two links to the Android and iOS apps.
Features that need to be added:
  • Krypt Guide
  • Krushing Blows
  • Special Move / Abilities frame data (I have the inputs)
Features that exist:
  • All frame data (excluding Special Moves / Abilities — only Tournament Variations)
  • Tier List
  • Kustom app theme choosing
  • Kreate a Kombo — keep track of your kombos in the app
  • Kustom Input preference

Last edited:

Gravelands

Cory, Trevor, smokes. Let's go.
Very handy and thanks for putting in the Reptile theme - the only suggestion I can make is in the Create Kombo section, allow for more text on one line, as the handful of combos that I've put in are spaced making it a little tricky to read versus just bringing up this page on my phone.

Very handy and thanks for putting in the Reptile theme - the only suggestion I can make is in the Create Kombo section, allow for more text on one line, as the handful of combos that I've put in are spaced making it a little tricky to read versus just bringing up this page on my phone.
Thanks for the suggestion! I coded that feature fairly quickly, had to make the spacing safe to take into account for a ton of different phone sizes. I'll for sure go back and try to make it better.

Yamborghini High

Live and Die by the Shimmy
Thanks! Took a while to get it up and running. Let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback.
Yeah nothing too important but it would be nice to have the option for the universal input notation (or any console for that matter) to have letters indicating direction as opposed to arrows.

for example: F1 instead of "Forward arrow" + 1

Just something that I think alot of ppl are used to

Yeah nothing too important but it would be nice to have the option for the universal input notation (or any console for that matter) to have letters indicating direction as opposed to arrows.

Hmmm okay cool. Shouldn't be too hard to implement. Never thought of that, thanks for the idea.

Yoooo -- I just released an update to both iOS and Android apps that let you choose 'F' instead of "arrow facing right" -- great suggestion. Hoping a lot of people enjoy it. Also added Nightwolf and the data updates from the patches

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Awesome app, got it on Android. Really love how it goes to detail with all of the info, super useful and accessible.

One small problem though: Every time I exist the app, the theme always goes back to be the Rain theme. I wanna keep the Reptile theme yet no matter which theme I pick it goes back to be the Rain one after exist and open the app again.

Other then that everything is perfectly fine, once again awesome app.

Sorakell

Noob
Wow, nice work! Its very useful and easy to use. I had another app that irs good but yours is more complete.

With the lot of work you put in it i don't want to ask for more but for putting the cherry on the cake you could add some description on special moves. For example: if i'm a noob (and i consider myself one) i wouldn't know what 'dark priest' of Shao khan does, so a simple 'buffs hammer attacks for a few seconds' would be useful to know.

Congratulations for your nice app and thanks for sharing it.

It says my phone isn't compatible. lol wtf
Hey, sorry about that! Would you mind answering the following questions so I can attempt to figure this out? A few other people have mentioned it:

• Country you're in
  • OS your Android phone is running
  • What phone you have

Wow, nice work! Its very useful and easy to use. I had another app that irs good but yours is more complete.

With the lot of work you put in it i don't want to ask for more but for putting the cherry on the cake you could add some description on special moves. For example: if i'm a noob (and i consider myself one) i wouldn't know what 'dark priest' of Shao khan does, so a simple 'buffs hammer attacks for a few seconds' would be useful to know.

Congratulations for your nice app and thanks for sharing it.
Glad you're liking it so far! Yeah this is a great suggestion, I'm fully aware of needed this kind of feature. I'll need to rework some of the UI / add in the move notes -- will be super useful

Awesome app, got it on Android. Really love how it goes to detail with all of the info, super useful and accessible.

One small problem though: Every time I exist the app, the theme always goes back to be the Rain theme. I wanna keep the Reptile theme yet no matter which theme I pick it goes back to be the Rain one after exist and open the app again.

Other then that everything is perfectly fine, once again awesome app.

This is pretty interesting... Would you mind telling me what version of Android your phone is on, and what phone you have?

E

Eldriken

Hey, sorry about that! Would you mind answering the following questions so I can attempt to figure this out? A few other people have mentioned it:

• Country you're in
  • OS your Android phone is running
  • What phone you have
United States
Android version 8.1
Galaxy J7