What's new

Kombat Cup Week # 8 Top 8 is set; SonicFox eliminated for the 1st time

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
How is everyone on this fine Monday? I'm shocked. Not only did I miss the Sunday Stream.Me Kombat Cup Week # 8, but now to find out that SonicFox was eliminated. There's more to it then just being beaten though - see below. A lot of other returning names surface for our week # 8 top 8 including RevetLeafing (Week # 7 winner), PG Scar, Noble Raptor. Semiij (Week # 6 winner), Dragon and more.

kc8.png

View the archives here: https://www.stream.me/archive/kombatcup/kombat-cup-week-8-sunday-open/pDlXAj6mYb

SonicFox vs YungMonster grudge: a twitter story
While I am unclear where exactly the rivalry originated, the two had exchanged fumed tweets back and forth that ended up with the proposition of a $1,000 money match. I believe this did originate via Kombat Cup. A few of the tweets to piece things together are below:

sfmm.png

tweets.png

tweets1.png

Major props to not only YungMonster for taking another piece of the crown from SonicFox, buit for SonicFox also owning up and fighting the mirror he promised. Now, for the big question: Will YungMonster be attending NEC next weekend where SonicFox and an army of other top players will be showing no mercy as they all come after the last MKX trophy for 2016?

Tune in to Stream.Me this Wednesday at 8PM EST for the Top 8: https://www.stream.me/kombatcup/

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
How is that movie sentence about you live long enough to see your self turned into a villain again?

Also, how and who clipped sonic fox out of top 8?
Last week his cassie was pretty solid and yung struggled a lot after the Sonic switch.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Maybe this is the reason he left cR? It seems that Yung just triggered his anger button at that match of theirs, similar to what happened w/ Tekken Master.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
How is that movie sentence about you live long enough to see your self turned into a villain again?

Also, how and who clipped sonic fox out of top 8?
Last week his cassie was pretty solid and yung struggled a lot after the Sonic switch.
Yungmonster beat him in the Jacqui mirror 3-2, Yung's Full Auto & High Tech vs Sonic's Shotgun.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Ok to clarify before people start acting crazy, this is sonics 3rd time losing in kombat cup. he lost to semiij 1 week, scar 1 week, yungmonster this week. he mirrored yung and lost to a reverse 3 0. he was going to switch but his pride kept him on jacqui, also, this whole mm thing came about because yungmonster told him to play him in the mirror because he never loses the jacqui mirror.

Ok to clarify before people start acting crazy, this is sonics 3rd time losing in kombat cup. he lost to semiij 1 week, scar 1 week, yungmonster this week. he mirrored yung and lost to a reverse 3 0. he was going to switch but his pride kept him on jacqui, also, this whole mm thing came about because yungmonster told him to play him in the mirror because he never loses the jacqui mirror.
This is true

What made this MU bring the intensity is the twitter drama/challenges beforehand, Sonic risking losing BEFORE top 8 for the first time in KC history, Yung in losing would've been blasted/Sonic losing would result in a blow up, etc

Lots of tension and pride gained and lost from a lot of MUs this Sunday!

Congrats to those in top 8. See you all Wednesday.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
And before a randie shows up and crying over the fact that STORMS spoils in the tittle that Sonic Fox is not part of top 8, get fucked, i think that was smart as hell and was one of the first reasons that made me click on this thread immediately.
I agree -- hopefully we're done with the spoiler oversensitivity, because.. At the end of the day, this is what news is all about.

Can you imagine CNN being like "... SOMEONE won the World Series, can't tell you if it's juicy or not, but click this link and then go to the spoiler tag, and open it to reveal more".

Yeah :)

I agree -- hopefully we're done with the spoiler oversensitivity, because.. At the end of the day, this is what news is all about.

Can you imagine CNN being like "... SOMEONE won the World Series, can't tell you if it's juicy or not, but click this link and then go to the spoiler tag, and open it to reveal more".

Yeah :)
As a matter of fact... People hate this process. They call it *clickbait*

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
This is true

What made this MU bring the intensity is the twitter drama/challenges beforehand, Sonic risking losing BEFORE top 8 for the first time in KC history, Yung in losing would've been blasted/Sonic losing would result in a blow up, etc

Lots of tension and pride gained and lost from a lot of MUs this Sunday!

Congrats to those in top 8. See you all Wednesday.
Thanks! yeah sonic vs yung was ridiculous . i think that and semiij vs sonic are my 2 favorite kombat cup matches of all time

Anyone want to help a tortoise out and give me the time of the sonic yung match in the archive?
Even better :

Btw their youtube chanel really is on point with the uploads every week.
Mod note: Please don't link videos from channels who rip content from streams, cite the original streamer/uploader's video/channel. The previous link has been replaced with the video from Streamme's Youtube channel which you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuiAkZZ-7GqqkyDCRnCGdvg