What's new

Kollector vial oki setup

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Hey everyone!

I've had a bit of time and I hit the lab again. I'm looking into Spare change for some matchups and I wanted some nice setups. This is the breakdown:

In video format:

If you prefer reading:

• End combos in 443 JI2 13 vial (make the vial mid, as the close one has more recovery). This does about 40 less damage than a regular combo ending in sickle, but they stand up in the vial meaning you usually net about the same.
  • Check them with 44(3)
  • Will punish forward rolls and most U2/U3
  • If they roll backwards they still end up in the vial
  • This will force them to stop waking up, giving you a free dash up into F1/F22/B23/grab check
  • If they start jumping to avoid the setup, anti air them with D2/S2
This setup will punish U2/U3 on 14 characters out of 27. So about 50%. Those are:
  1. Shang Tsung
  2. Nightwolf
  3. Johnny Cage
  4. Sonya
  5. Cassie Cage (her U2 will move her out of range but she'll still be in the puddle with 2 less bars)
  6. Jax Briggs
  7. Noob Saibot
  8. Baraka
  9. Jacqui Briggs
  10. Kano
  11. Liu Kang
  12. Kitana (her U3 will move her out of range but she'll still be in the puddle with 2 less bars)
  13. Erron Black
  14. Cetrion
This setup will work on 7 more characters but force you to block their U2, U3 or both. In which case they spend 2 bars to stand up safely in the puddle. Still a win. These characters are:
  1. Frost
  2. Raiden
  3. Sub-Zero
  4. Kabal
  5. Jade
  6. Skarlet
  7. Kotal Kahn
This setup will not work on 6 characters. Their U2, U3 or both will punish you. There are other setups that can work on them (for instance ending in S3 vial can work on some of them), but you will be left with less advantage so they have less reason to wake up. These characters are:
  1. Shao Khan
  2. Scorpion
  3. Kung Lao
  4. D'Vorah
  5. Geras
  6. Kollector
---

Some numbers:

Regular combo: F12 BF3 AMP JI1 443 JI2 F22 DB3 = 326
Setup combo: F12 BF3 AMP JI1 443 JI2 13 DB1 = 287

The difference is 39 damage, but they stand up in the vial. You can squeeze out slightly more with JI2 but I can't be bothered to get it consistently.

If you punish a roll you do:
Meterless: 443 JI2 F22 DB3 = 291
1 bar: 443 JI2 13 BF3 AMP JI1 F4 DB3 = 339

If you punish U2/U3 you do:
Meterless: 443 dash up S2 1+3 4 = 283
1 bar: 443 dash up S3 BF3 AMP JI1 F4 DB3 = 363

---
Bonus content:
A swaggy combo that is not practical. If you make a hard read that they're gonna roll, go for a close vial and punish with B3 close bomb for 400 damage YOLO

@FrankOceansWaifu @MK-Noob @sprintz98 @Hebrew Negro @LawAbidingCitizen @Evil Canadian @dribirut @SixPathsOfHate @AK Harold @The Slaj Jazz @Lex Luthor II