What's new

Kollector TOD: where is the extra damage from?

Hi guys,
I've been trying to figure out how to get the 33% damage from the Demonic Clutch KB in this video.
Vial of Sorrow is obviously a factor, but I can only get 27-28% when I try it.
Unfortunately they don't show the setup but I notice that there's a brief "punish" when Kollector initially grabs EB, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Does anyone have any idea?

Cheers in advance

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Typical of them to not show the setup haha

I can't say I've ever done this combo and I have no game in front of me to test, but I'd suggest trying to stack more then one fire vials, try to see what the best timing is for it to come up on the damage counter.

But also like you mentioned, it does say it's a punish. I can't remember if punishes net you more damage in this game in general but I think they may at least do so(add more damage) when you do a flawless block punish. Really don't remember but that would explain the extra damage and also why the guy cut that part from the video

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper

I can't say I've ever done this combo and I have no game in front of me to test, but I'd suggest trying to stack more then one fire vials, try to see what the best timing is for it to come up on the damage counter.

But also like you mentioned, it does say it's a punish. I can't remember if punishes net you more damage in this game in general but I think they may at least do so(add more damage) when you do a flawless block punish. Really don't remember but that would explain the extra damage and also why the guy cut that part from the video
No boosts for straight up punishes or flawless block punishes as far as I'm aware.

Looking at the the upload date, there's been at least one patch since, maybe two. It might have been reduced.

I think I figured it out.

The punish indicator appears on the right side of the screen, meaning it isn't Kollector that does the punish.
So on the last Vial of Sorrow, I got the AI to interrupt the move with a quick jab in order to 'punish' Kollector which made him recover fast enough to do his command grab while the opponent was still in the fire, getting a little extra damage.
Why it comes up as 'punish' and not as 'kounter'... I'm not sure.

But at least I can stop losing sleep over this now :rolleyes:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think I figured it out.

The punish indicator appears on the right side of the screen, meaning it isn't Kollector that does the punish.
So on the last Vial of Sorrow, I got the AI to interrupt the move with a quick jab in order to 'punish' Kollector which made him recover fast enough to do his command grab while the opponent was still in the fire, getting a little extra damage.
Why it comes up as 'punish' and not as 'kounter'... I'm not sure.

But at least I can stop losing sleep over this now :rolleyes:
What sneaky scumbagggery from this youtube combo guy