What's new

Kollector Reveal Trailer

D

Deleted member 59910

Is he collecting Baraka's head? Shao Kahn's government increasing taxes. Looks like Brazil. :DOGE

Gamer68

Fujin!
Yes because Scarecrow DIDNT have a similar standing and walking animation, teleport, chain specials, hook/sickle normals, a lantern move, that scarecrow db2 is his wakeup u3, and all dat.
I feel like Kollector is just as much as Scarecrow as Kung Jin was in comparison to Green Arrow. When Kung Jin was shown, I remember everyone saying he was a Green Arrow knock-off because he was an archer and could even switch arrow types like GA. In the end, he was actually very different.

Kollector's legs, walk and posture does look like Scarecrow, but some of these comparisons are reaching. "He has a teleport" so does many other characters in the game, and his still looks different than Scarecrow's.

"He has chain specials" What? He doesn't spin around a chain or anything like Scarecrow, he can shoot a mace out forward or upwards.

"He has hook/sickle normals" Not really? Noob Saibot has more of a Scarecrow sickle than Kollector does. I don't even think I saw him use a sickle at all, just maces, daggers, chakrams, etc -- all of which Scarecrow didn't use.

Beat me in a first to 10 and Ill uninstall.

Also, people have a right to criticize. I liked Scarecrow in Inj2, but he looks like scarecrow.
I personally couldn’t care less if you are going to play this game or not, but I am always for playing this game with anybody, a first to 10 included.
I agree with some similarities in animations with Scarecrow (and I actually like it)...
Yes because Scarecrow DIDNT have a similar standing and walking animation, teleport, chain specials, hook/sickle normals, a lantern move, that scarecrow db2 is his wakeup u3, and all dat.
But I have to ask : what lantern move did Scarecrow have?

He looks fucking amazing. This is exactly the kind of character I love in MK. I love it when they introduce new races to the game and I love that he's an OG loyalist to Shao Kahn and serves as his taxman. I believe 16bit said his race is called "Nagnata".

Best newcomer to the game by far.

Lokheit

Noob
I mean yeah, his body shape is similar to Scarecrow, that's not a bad thing though. Actually my 2 fav DC Injustice characters are Poison Ivy and him so I'm cool with those comparisons.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Looks like mid range to zoning charcter pretty much neat animations. Overall i like him. Has Mileena fatailty. Making her less likely to be in the game as DLC.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
He looked about how I expected. I’m glad the magic is in there and not just the weapons. I don’t know if he’s the krypt guy now if there is a whole “race” of the 6 armed creature. It does make sense to make krypt guy a Kahn tax collector. Conditioned by shang lol. Would be cool.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I love him. He's definitely the best of the new characters, imo! I absolutely love his design and his moves we've seen so far, and the bits we know about his character is pretty interesting. Can't wait to learn more and get my own hands on him. ♥

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
He looked about how I expected. I’m glad the magic is in there and not just the weapons. I don’t know if he’s the krypt guy now if there is a whole “race” of the 6 armed creature. It does make sense to make krypt guy a Kahn tax collector. Conditioned by shang lol. Would be cool.
That Krypt theory should've died the moment it started. It was so stupid. Especially now that we know Kollector was born that way, he's part of an actual race.

RE: the scarecrow thing.

It's an interesting character concept, and it's made by the same studio, so why wouldn't they use some of the same assets and modify them between their two games?

There's probably a whole bunch of moves/attacks and more that are copy/pastes between both games if you look hard enough, but it shouldn't detract from the character. If anything it may help entice I2 fans into playing MK if they can have character that has a similar look/playstyle to their franchise favourite.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
That Krypt theory should've died the moment it started. It was so stupid. Especially now that we know Kollector was born that way, he's part of an actual race.
Right that’s what I said. How is that stupid? I think the idea is alright but making a new race is cooler.

LDA_DIgi

A changed man...or shokan master lol.
My only complaint about Kollector...

...is that he's not as BIG as I'd thought he'd be.

Like mass and height wise. He's kinda small and scrawny. :(

But i love everything else about him. Great character, voice, and aesthetics. Def my top 3 characters to play for the first couple weeks of the game.