What's new

Kollector Predictions/Thoughts/Theories

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Kollector might be the most interesting character to me right now. He looks super unique and I'm always interested to see the direction NRS takes when they have a completely clean slate to work with when it comes to creating a brand new character. Kotal Kahn, Takeda, D'Vorah, Erron Black, Ferra/Torr all come to mind, as I thought all of their designs in MKX were great.

Kollector was rumored to have a cybernetic Shokan-type body, but that clearly does not seem to be the case from what the story trailer showed, at least when it comes to the cybernetic aspect.

Some have theorized that the Kollector will share moves from either current or former members of the MK roster. My theory is that he actually collects different weapons, and will be able to wield all 4 at once, kind of like this fella that you may recognize:

I can't wait to see how this character plays. So much potential. Dude could have Takeda's light sabers, Quan Chi's sword, weapons carved from bones of defeated opponents, intergalactic dildo launchers.....anything.

Anyone have their own theories on this Na'vi-lookin' bro and what he "kollects'?

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Despite the leaks and rumors. After now getting a clear look at this new 4 armed character.

He looks like a new class of Shokan (Mystic/Shaman/Sorcerer Shokan) that NRS is introducing into the Mortal Kombat series/Lore and the Kollector name is either a code name for Shang Tsung or Red Herring/Troll by NRS to throw leakers off.

Or maybe he is a Cyborg called The Kollocter and just looks like a completely organic Mystic Shokan that collects... abilities or something?

Eitherway he looks really interesting and it will be exciting to see who or what this character is and plays like.

Last edited:

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I think he's a kytinn, one of D'Vorah's species. Those arms look kind of insectoid.

Remember D'Vorah's ending in MKX, where she implants larvae into Shinnok to create super-kytinn? Well, I think this "Kollector" is kind of like that. He collects various species to enhance and upgrade the Kytinn species.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
I think he's a kytinn, one of D'Vorah's species. Those arms look kind of insectoid.

Remember D'Vorah's ending in MKX, where she implants larvae into Shinnok to create super-kytinn? Well, I think this "Kollector" is kind of like that. He collects various species to enhance and upgrade the Kytinn species.
doesn't look insect looking to me

hes either an Outworlder who is one of Shaos old advisors, or hes from the chaos realm, helping Kronika, cause messing with time is chaotic in general

Another thing to note is that the Kollector & Shao Kahn both have spikes on the side of their forearms. I honestly don't know what to make of it.

Reactions: Zev

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Why guess? They’ll show us who he is. Nrs’ characters are hit and miss. Kung Jin, Ferra/Torr, Jaqui Kotal Kahn and even Cassie in MKX were shitty

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I dunno but i hope he’s chaos realm. We need more characters from the other realms. This is the perfect chance to create some cool characters. Elder god picking bodies out of the past timeline, it could be anybody from anywhere.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
1: he looks awesome
2: He's a new species, and I love new species
3: I hope he's not a soul collector and a replacer of Shang Tsung
4: I hope he collects bodyparts and put them onto his own body, merging those parts with his own flesh.
5: Or collects ancient relics which he uses in his moveset.

Searsy82

Noob
I'm excited to see what he is all about, but I'm starting to get the feeling that NRS has some creative block when it comes to new characters/character updates. They seem to fall into common categories:
- Someones kid
- Add more arms
- Make em a robot

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
one of the leaks said he is not Shokan, but , from a new different humanoid species, that coincidentally, have 4 arms too .... something new introduced into MK universe through this game .... anyway, he looks interesting and misterious, waiting when NRS will decide to show him on KK !

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I'm excited to see what he is all about, but I'm starting to get the feeling that NRS has some creative block when it comes to new characters/character updates. They seem to fall into common categories:
- Someones kid
- Add more arms
- Make em a robot
Why not all three someday? :p

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Really?

- Someones kid
Cassie, Jacqui, Takeda, Kung Jin (technically NOT any other playable character's son, but whatever)
- Add more arms
Kollector
- Make em a robot
Triborg and Geras if you really wanna stretch it

What about Kotal, Ferra/Torr, Erron Black, D'Vorah, Cetrion, Kronika, Tremor? What's their "trope"?

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
nothing about him looks robotic tbh, but I could be wrong.

I'm imagining him to be another grappler to replace Ferra/Torr. Maybe some zoning capabilities but everyone seems to have those tools in this game so that's not much of a prediction.

Personally, I still think Ermac and Shang Tsung are the true Kollector and this guy is someone new and unnamed. That shot of Monks being strangled with souls surrounding them makes me think that.

I am interested in this blue creature very much!!! Maybe he collects powers or essences (maybe souls again), but taking them in he changes himself, so if he gets that from a shokan his body gains 4 arms, from tarkatan he gets spikes on his arms and maybe the ability to pull out blades...who knows how many species he has got? And how crazy will his customization be with that?

I like the shokan shaman theory as well, with 4 arms he could be casting offensive and defensive spells at the same time)

Or maybe he IS Shang+Ermac+many more souls which drove Shang out of control of his transformations, and now he just has stuff from all the souls in one body.
IDK, hope we will find out soon!!!

Searsy82

Noob
Really?

- Someones kid
Cassie, Jacqui, Takeda, Kung Jin (technically NOT any other playable character's son, but whatever)
- Add more arms
Kollector
- Make em a robot
Triborg and Geras if you really wanna stretch it

What about Kotal, Ferra/Torr, Erron Black, D'Vorah, Cetrion, Kronika, Tremor? What's their "trope"?
Well I see that it was taken more seriously than it was meant to be, but I was referencing the series as a whole in a facetious manner.

Someones kid - I forget specifically, but Shinok and Frost or Cetrion is supposed to be offspring of some sort. Millena and Kitana.

Add more arms - Sheeva, Kintaro, Goro, Kollector, Debatably D'vorah but Id say she is a stretch

Make em a robot - Cyrax and Sektor (OGs), Cyber Smoke, Cyber Sub, Triborg, Geras (sorta), Frost, Jacqui (allegedly has some sort of exo suit), Jax, Kano

Again, not meant to be taken entirely seriously. This isnt meant to be a wholesale value judgement. Many of these are good characters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
He has to have a name at some point in the MK mythos I'm sure they'll confirm this. He also looks literally like a mix between a LOTR Orc, a Vampire and a Gargoyle in one. Also, he kind of looks like he's posing in that close up lol