What's new

Kollector possibly one of the easiest to pickup?

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Yeahhh that was also my first impression even while watching his trailer, for sure will give fused ermac / reptile /goro a try hahaha, just a question Storms, can't seem to figure out how to do practice mode using tournament variations, have you manage to do that?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Yeahhh that was also my first impression even while watching his trailer, for sure will give fused ermac / reptile /goro a try hahaha, just a question Storms, can't seem to figure out how to do practice mode using tournament variations, have you manage to do that?
I'm using Lasting Tribute... I'm sure you and I are in the same boat. I got frustrated with not being connected and not knowing why so I just entered practice mode.

BTW F123,DB3... such an easy combo and cool looking too.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I believe BF4 is his only projectile but his teleport DD3 is really good. It seems toy can do teleport to grab very fast.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Thanks for the info! I'll try him out for sure.

I also asked Paulo Garcia about who some of the better beginner characters are and he said: Sub-Zero and Jade.
So if Kollector doesn't do it for you, there are two more options. I'll try these two out as well.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Yeah I am looking to main Kollector alongside Shao Kahn, I didn't get around to trying him yet though just my boy Shao for the night. I also hear he has an infinite? Hopefully that is addressed soon. I know we are day 1 and all but an infinite is an infinite lol

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
His Vials are so negative it hurts. I was hoping to do something like Bola>Vial>normal but it seems way too slow.

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
Haha yeah man i was playing versus with my friend and when he picked him up he started doing 10 hit combos without even knowing what he was pressing lmao, havent tried him yet thu.

If you are doing up mace cancel combos it isn’t beginner friendly at all) lol. This is the source of his infinite in the corner, it will get patched eventually but I hope they will still allow 1 or 2 reps of it in one combo like Blue Beetles flight cancel combos in the corner.

If you are doing up mace cancel combos it isn’t beginner friendly at all) lol. This is the source of his infinite in the corner, it will get patched eventually but I hope they will still allow 1 or 2 reps of it in one combo like Blue Beetles flight cancel combos in the corner.
I was hoping the same, but rip.

Parasurama

Dragon
What is the point of up mace? (He has better anti airs) Are the cancel combos still present to some degree?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
If you're looking for a character with a nice toolbox and generally easy combos... try out the Kollector. Seriously.

I'm loving him. DB3 is a special and it's a combo in itself.
Online I'm seeing a lot of F1-using Kollectors and I feel like it turns him into a one-button character pretty much. Once people learn to blow that tool up the character will start to fall off. Do you think that lowering f1's effectiveness and looking at the remainder of his tools to make him competitive would be a good way to avoid this?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm using Lasting Tribute... I'm sure you and I are in the same boat. I got frustrated with not being connected and not knowing why so I just entered practice mode.

BTW F123,DB3... such an easy combo and cool looking too.
My bro mains him and uses:

F12, BF4-AMP, JIK F3 xx DB3 (29%)

LawAbidingCitizen

Online I'm seeing a lot of F1-using Kollectors and I feel like it turns him into a one-button character pretty much. Once people learn to blow that tool up the character will start to fall off. Do you think that lowering f1's effectiveness and looking at the remainder of his tools to make him competitive would be a good way to avoid this?
His F1 is a 17f low starter and isn't broke by any means and no need to adjust it. It's easily stopped. If people are using it alot it's because it's his only mix-up leading to OH/Low that are unsafe and knockdown and don't lead to combo.

He is mostly a space control character and lives in footsie range and if Kollector's are using only F12 then they are playing him very badly and are to close to you. He has mace(mid) and Up-Mace (High) which can be linked on strings for mix-up and have good range and Krushing Blow.

I don't think he needs that adjusted but may need a few frames changed to be able to deal with higher tiers. But I think he is solid just unconventional.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
His F1 is a 17f low starter and isn't broke by any means and no need to adjust it. It's easily stopped. If people are using it alot it's because it's his only mix-up leading to OH/Low that are unsafe and knockdown and don't lead to combo.

He is mostly a space control character and lives in footsie range and if Kollector's are using only F12 then they are playing him very badly and are to close to you. He has mace(mid) and Up-Mace (High) which can be linked on strings for mix-up and have good range and Krushing Blow.

I don't think he needs that adjusted but may need a few frames changed to be able to deal with higher tiers. But I think he is solid just unconventional.
I definitely do not EVER want to see a character nerfstroyed.
I just want him to stop being a one-button character.
What I'd do to it is f1 being punishable and the rest of the string not coming out on block, and instead do something to the rest of his tools to make him more versatile than always just f1 f1 f1 step catcher advancing combo starter

LawAbidingCitizen

I definitely do not EVER want to see a character nerfstroyed.
I just want him to stop being a one-button character.
What I'd do to it is f1 being punishable and the rest of the string not coming out on block, and instead do something to the rest of his tools to make him more versatile than always just f1 f1 f1 step catcher advancing combo starter
I feel that could ruin him. Honestly he isn't that high on the tier list and if they are just doing F1 over and over you should be able to win. Here is some tips, use a fast mid right after his F12 and look at his animation of the mix-up at end, both are unsafe. I agree he easy for online play but not do easy for competitive tournament play since many characters do what he does but much better. He is a zoner without projectiles. He doesn't have the best D3/4 and really can only do D1 into B23 his ten frame mid. The F12 is slow and can be beat out very easily. You a Jade player right? She has F3, B3, D1, D2, that beat out that move and you have tools to out zone him. Wait for his teleport and punish.
Use your B12 and B2 to keep him away and make his F12 useless.
I use Kotal to beat him and his frames are slow AF, I simply play footsie range to control him.
Scarlet is also a bad MU for him, I'm (I use the Heart Pierce T variation) she has all of his keep out tools but longer range and faster, she also has a Teleport to reset neutral to gain advantage and range as well as a Parry that works against Highs, Mids/D1, Overheads and Throws but it gets beat out by JIK, projectiles and lows. On top of all of that she has much better zoning and projectiles than Kollector and has a frame trap on D1 into 124 and 44 into F2/D1/D4/B3.
I use Jade as my third, my main is Kotal but he struggles against a good portion of the cast so I pocket Scarlet and Jade.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I feel that could ruin him. Honestly he isn't that high on the tier list and if they are just doing F1 over and over you should be able to win. Here is some tips, use a fast mid right after his F12 and look at his animation of the mix-up at end, both are unsafe. I agree he easy for online play but not do easy for competitive tournament play since many characters do what he does but much better. He is a zoner without projectiles. He doesn't have the best D3/4 and really can only do D1 into B23 his ten frame mid. The F12 is slow and can be beat out very easily. You a Jade player right? She has F3, B3, D1, D2, that beat out that move and you have tools to out zone him. Wait for his teleport and punish.
Use your B12 and B2 to keep him away and make his F12 useless.
I use Kotal to beat him and his frames are slow AF, I simply play footsie range to control him.
Scarlet is also a bad MU for him, I'm (I use the Heart Pierce T variation) she has all of his keep out tools but longer range and faster, she also has a Teleport to reset neutral to gain advantage and range as well as a Parry that works against Highs, Mids/D1, Overheads and Throws but it gets beat out by JIK, projectiles and lows. On top of all of that she has much better zoning and projectiles than Kollector and has a frame trap on D1 into 124 and 44 into F2/D1/D4/B3.
I use Jade as my third, my main is Kotal but he struggles against a good portion of the cast so I pocket Scarlet and Jade.
I -am- able to win. The best kollektor within my ping range on pc doesn't even rematch me anymore. Scorpion, Sub and Liu are the only cases where they repeat the same shit and I still can't work it out half the time.
I just want this character to stop being one-button-tier.

Last edited: