What's new

Kollector is filled of deconfirmations. -spoiler- Does NRS go too far?

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
MK has always played fast and loose with the roster outside of MKT and MKA. And since NRS is no longer keen on recycling character assets as they were during those eras, I would not expect something like that to happen ever again. I never felt like complaining back then, and I guess don't really feel like complaining now? Probably won't until there is a game with exactly zero characters that I care about... and I care very deeply about Sub-Zero and Scorpion so I guess I'm in the clear!

My condolences to those who feel differently.

of course mileena is out
guess why

imagine her with the whole body covered skins? thats the route NRS goes, cover everything up except for the male characters
now guess what a shitstorm there would be seeing mileena in a burka..

then rather stick to the story of MKX and let the dead mileena be dead in mk11

haketh

Noob
of course mileena is out
guess why

imagine her with the whole body covered skins? thats the route NRS goes, cover everything up except for the male characters

God almighty I canny wait till y’all stop posting here & go back to Reddit

On the subject at hand I’m pretty fine with these things personally, their fun little tidbits & I think it’s dope they have all these little callbacks.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
of course mileena is out
guess why

Right, because Cetrion isn't half-nude, and Kitana's MK11 primary isn't exactly as revealing as Mileena's MKX primary...?

Outrage levels 10/10, logic not so much.

Yeah, this is just kind of annoying. I think some of them are annoying after I saw Twitter but then I see shit like this and: I get it. I don't ever really see a fanbase doing this much lowkey disrespectful shit to it's fans and getting away with it as much as NRS does on their games.

I was fine with Injustice, ya know. It had a dark story. When characters died in there, it was kinda just done, moved on, and they let it go. I think some deaths were poorly handled, sure. But they weren't outright disrespected.

For some reason, Boon and his fanbase with these games, toxic or not, they do some really disrespectful shit, people get disrespectful about it and everyone on NRS side gets shocked Pikachu face with the shit. I don't understand.

So, a few things. Story Spoiler. STORY SPOILER.
I don't understand the idea of already reseting everything. That in itself just feels like a big middle finger for the people who put their time and invested into these characters because now development for them is just...wiped away and nothing matters. I understand it wouldn't be the first time but jfc. ALL OF IT is gone.
STORY SPOILER So, that already has me pissed because from a writing stand point, literally what the fuck. Why?

Then you do things like the shitting on Mileena, things like this, the one Erron intro. I get while some could be chalked up to just "edgy trolling", then you have things like

This game really has no new modes or anything. Injustice 1 seemed to have more single player content. Why is that?

I gotta be honest. If I didn't love Mortal Kombat gameplay so much and cared about fighting games, I'd really be tuned out of this game. Because it just kinda feels lowkey shitty what they're doing outside of the core gameplay itself. And while that should be all that matters to a fighting game, I actually kinda want to care a bit more. I guess this is why what got me into Mortal Kombat was the guest shit because I always loved them and Mortal Kombat really couldn't mess them up too bad. So I could always have an attachment with them because if I had them for any Mortal Kombat character, random odds were I could be shit on the next game.
What "the one erron intro"? I think i missed it can you provide a link for me? :D

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
can you shut up about meleena and other shit and type about what that thread is - about collector? trash, 0 info thread

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
can you shut up about meleena and other shit and type about what that thread is - about collector?
It's about Kollector having a weapon that is called Mileena's Mind, and other references to other characters, thinking that means those characters are deconfirmed... but as has been shown, Kollector has other stuff referencing characters who are already on the roster as well.

So discussing Mileena's inclusion in this game is a natural part of it.