What's new

Kollector General Discussion

Parasurama

Dragon
A thread on it https://testyourmight.com/threads/kollector-oki-os.71098/ @Zer0_h0ur @Parasurama

I rarely use b1 now that S4 has a string. But it's a good safe check in the corner post db3/dbf3/throw if you dash back. The regular setup of 44 won't punish forward rolls. You can also do the full string which is an ok punish if you don't have bar. But again, 443 is generally the better punish, has a bigger chance of catching people jumping on wakeup and gives you a big combo.
Some people like ducking the first hit or doing long reaching pokes under it of 443. I think the B1 cancelling is still good for that.

Rosie

Noob
Alright, lads. Just got the game and wanna play the greedy boi. What tournament variation is best for him?

I cant get the command grab to come out consistently. Any tips? I find it especially hard on ps4 controller vs xbox.
The buffer window for the DFB input is bigger than you'd expect. A good way to practice buffering the input is by doing a stagger like F1 and inputting DBF before the animation of F1 ends.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
What matchup do you like his zoning one on?
I think BitP gets destroyed by Digital Soldier Cassie but spare change does just fine. Generally it keeps people from being able to keep you out. It's a toss up between the vial forcing them to go in and going for trades with bola/tele reads.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I think BitP gets destroyed by Digital Soldier Cassie but spare change does just fine. Generally it keeps people from being able to keep you out. It's a toss up between the vial forcing them to go in and going for trades with bola/tele reads.
The slow kollector projectile parry is even more useless against cassie's gunshots I'd assume?

I honestly forget he has that move, I rarely ever use it.

Zer0_h0ur

Kollector may be a big victim of the block buffer adjustment. His staggers prob gonna get mad interrupted now.
Tom Brady is breaking some of this down. Hope to hear some kollector players thoughts in the coming weeks.

Wigy

There it is...
Kollector may be a big victim of the block buffer adjustment. His staggers prob gonna get mad interrupted now.
Tom Brady is breaking some of this down. Hope to hear some kollector players thoughts in the coming weeks.
I don't think him tbh. It's a legit stagger so being able to buffer sooner won't really help.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
I did run into someone last night in KL who literally would jab after every stagger. Not sure if he was using the new system to his advantage or if he was just a typical KL button masher.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I can see 443 - combo - restand with chakram (end in d3 or something for mad + frames) into guess b23 (full combo) or grab asshole being a thing lol

Is back in the pack still the standard variation for Kollector?
Never mind, Squander is pretty amazing. The stun from bf4 amp'd is so long you can dash across the screen and still be in range to launch w/ 443 or f3 cancelled into bf4 amp'd. Not familiar w/ Kollector, but converting a projectile into 30% with 1 bar seems pretty good.

Last edited:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Is back in the pack still the standard variation for Kollector?
Never mind, Squander is pretty amazing. The stun from bf4 amp'd is so long you can dash across the screen and still be in range to launch w/ 443 or f3 cancelled into bf4 amp'd. Not familiar w/ Kollector, but converting a projectile into 30% with 1 bar seems pretty good.
The same goes for his other two.

Zer0_h0ur

Preliminary thoughts:

Squander loses the bola cancel gimmick, the ridiculously useful mid cmd grab (along with his perfect oki), and the teleport oki gimmicks. This is tough for me to swallow. HOWEVER....The guaranteed damage is on EVERY TOUCH. Kollector prob got one of the most useful armor breaks in the entire game. His optimals are essentially his armor breaker combos.
He doesn't get as useful of oki. And he basically eliminates one of his (relatively) useful KB's with no cmd grab pop up.

So Squander forces you to stick to neutral, honest, solid fundamental gameplay, rewarding your every opening with consistent, reliable, UNBREAKABLE damage, that imo is amongst the top in the game.

Also doesn't Relic Lure mean no more projectile absorb? I can see Squander playing uphill vs any character with a stupid fast projectile.

I am (or was) a Kabal main, and Squander Kollector feels a bit like The Spins Kabal. Very honest character that plays neutral with good range on his moves, able to convert anything into big damage.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Can someone post some Squander combos/gameplay? I still don’t see myself ever using that variation.