What's new

Kollector General Discussion

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Lolol they even made it to where the KB is nearly impossible to get and nearly impossible to combo off of

These guys def listen to the pro community. Nerfed the crap upon delivery.

The Good: Being able to projectile combo from his standing 4 ain't bad
The Bad: Relic Lure doesn't seem all that different from before
The Ugly: War Quoit Toss

The Weird: Take and Deny had a frame of Block Advantage added on
The Mysterious: For some reason b1 2 and b1 22 have block advantage despite going away on block like usual so I dunno what the deal is with that

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Relic pull is actually the most worthless move I’ve seen in a game. A 16 frame mid will interrupt it.. lol they actually made a completely redundant/useless variation..

Never change nrs

As one last slap in the face to Kollector, the Kollector reward for new KL is only attainable at Elder God.
Here’s the biggest slap in the face my fellow struggle mains! The variation is named FUCKIN SQUANDER! Let me get you the definition.

Squander - verb -
1. waste (something, especially money or time) in a reckless and foolish manner.
"Players squander their efforts on this third variation”

2. allow (an opportunity) to pass or be lost.
"the dev team squandered several good balance chances since launch”

CLEARLY the icing on the cake is that the dev team tells ya that this is trash right in plain sight...the Kollector as acharacter isn’t even known to waste, quite the opposite he’s a hoarder

“Kollector is the uncaring and rapacious tribute collector of Shao Kahn. Despite being subservient to his master, he is consumed by greed, caring only for his own wealth and status and will kill anyone who dares challenge it.” - the wiki

Mark my words...Someone is at NRS laughing at us nothin will convince me otherwise.

Attachments

Alright Relic Lure, how would you guys alter it?

Because personally I don't know what I hate more: the launch you get off it or the huge gap on block it has.
I'd happily make it better at the cost of it not launching anymore on Amp.

Here’s the biggest slap in the face my fellow struggle mains! The variation is named FUCKIN SQUANDER! Let me get you the definition.

Squander - verb -
1. waste (something, especially money or time) in a reckless and foolish manner.
"Players squander their efforts on this third variation”

2. allow (an opportunity) to pass or be lost.
"the dev team squandered several good balance chances since launch”

CLEARLY the icing on the cake is that the dev team tells ya that this is trash right in plain sight...the Kollector as acharacter isn’t even known to waste, quite the opposite he’s a hoarder

“Kollector is the uncaring and rapacious tribute collector of Shao Kahn. Despite being subservient to his master, he is consumed by greed, caring only for his own wealth and status and will kill anyone who dares challenge it.” - the wiki

Mark my words...Someone is at NRS laughing at us nothin will convince me otherwise.
Yeah that, the nerfs and the Kollector gear placed at Elder God almost makes me think someone at NRS had it in for this variation of Kollector.

Thank goodness it's just a mediocre reskin of his default lantern and not something cool looking.

Zer0_h0ur

Eh
Lure is just too damn pointless, slow, and redundant
Needs to be faster and amp leads to a nice plus restand like skarlets blood trail imo. An 2nd amp launcher in that variation is pointless

Zer0_h0ur

Kollector Krew, what the hell is the tech for upward ball?

I find myself hardly EVER using it, maybe very rarely when I'm backing up from a cornered opponent I know is very jumpy...
Does anyone have any set ups?
I use B23bf2 hold, it'll get the KB off a wake up or forward roll
But I have no tech or set up or anything for upward ball.

Zer0_h0ur

Gonna devote more time to Spare Change.
I have been outzoned by Baraka, Cassie, Cetrion, and even Sub way too easy with BiTP.
Gotta play 100% patient with BiTP and I fail way too often.

Parasurama

Dragon
I have been outzoned by Baraka, Cassie, Cetrion, and even Sub way too easy with BiTP.
I think F3 is the answer in Those matches. Can’t spare change be zoned too?

Zer0_h0ur

I think F3 is the answer in Those matches. Can’t spare change be zoned too?
F3 won't help much with a Outtake Johnny, cetrion Or any teleporting zoner. The h block stun is too much sometimes
With spare change at least you can stack some dot on em get em moving or jumping imo

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
BitP is what I use for Cetrion, Sub and Yass Queen Cassie. Up mace/teleport is good against Cetrion...but you gotta have good reads.
Spare Change against Baraka and low-shot Cassie

Zer0_h0ur

Can't tell you why but this is how it usually is in NRS games
Speaking of B1, does anyone have any tips on how to use it effectively? I get B122 is just to push them across the screen..But B1 alone, it has amongst the highest of Kollector's hit advantages for a normal and leaves 'em right within range of some more of his normals. So I figure it should have some use... I heard NickOps say it is useful when trading pokes but I haven't been able to establish this. Any insight?

Parasurama

Dragon
Speaking of B1, does anyone have any tips on how to use it effectively? I get B122 is just to push them across the screen..But B1 alone, it has amongst the highest of Kollector's hit advantages for a normal and leaves 'em right within range of some more of his normals. So I figure it should have some use... I heard NickOps say it is useful when trading pokes but I haven't been able to establish this. Any insight?
@MsMiharo said that b1 into bola on opponent’s wake up is an OS for some characters, if they block you can cancel it and if on hit you can confirm. I use this Sometimes.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
A thread on it https://testyourmight.com/threads/kollector-oki-os.71098/ @Zer0_h0ur @Parasurama

I rarely use b1 now that S4 has a string. But it's a good safe check in the corner post db3/dbf3/throw if you dash back. The regular setup of 44 won't punish forward rolls. You can also do the full string which is an ok punish if you don't have bar. But again, 443 is generally the better punish, has a bigger chance of catching people jumping on wakeup and gives you a big combo.

Zer0_h0ur

A thread on it https://testyourmight.com/threads/kollector-oki-os.71098/ @Zer0_h0ur @Parasurama

I rarely use b1 now that S4 has a string. But it's a good safe check in the corner post db3/dbf3/throw if you dash back. The regular setup of 44 won't punish forward rolls. You can also do the full string which is an ok punish if you don't have bar. But again, 443 is generally the better punish, has a bigger chance of catching people jumping on wakeup and gives you a big combo.
Thanks.

I kept my fingers crossed heading into last weekend's tournament I'd see some functional usage of B1, as on paper it sounds amazing, long reach, a mid, kollector's hurtbox is very far back, cancellable, but I never saw Rebel use it and I saw sonic use it seemingly on accident once lol.
Sucks. It's a mid...i mean it can't be THAT bad?....shrug