TIckle my sweet salty nips
So this is probably known but I just realized you can special cancel off 3,4,4

Edit :4,4,3*

Last edited:

Rey

Reycier
So this is probably known but I just realized you can special cancel off 3,4,4
I think you mean 443.
So sad that thellast 3 only comes out on hit...
A teleport after a 443 left you down +13!
This is one of the best situation for a Kollector Player.
Even if you want going for dmg after the 443 db3, it whiffs on males, so it's your best option often.

So after about a hundred games with kollector on each variation here is what I have. I know it's not many but I wanted to give each variation a fair shake. First though, his base kit is strong. Mostly going into variation moves on this one though.

Backpack

This variation is very well rounded, strike throw game is possibly best in game. It resets into itself on any option you take and leaves them in front of you +19. So the timing bus identical to set up. I figured it was just on paper, but after getting a grasp of mk11 this was a really strong point for me. Being able to remove options is great and backpack does that removing neutral duck from the equation.

I tried using up mace some but ultimately it felt way more effective to just use the regular one at range and react with cancel. The faster start up is nice, but I typically have to hold it anyways so it doesn't feels as much a loss without using it.

The teleport is quite amazing for him in general. It allows hesitation on some zoning and the far teleport can be used to catch people reacting with throw or pokes. Also a free out of corner is always nice. Especially since he can also side swap at will on hit as well with amp db3. Raw teleports are really good and he has some other set ups to teleport to give variance so that the opponent has to digest more information.

Spare change

Bombs are pretty good. Definitely an upgrade to up mace in my opinion. It allows you to contest some zoning options so it fills in for the lack of teleport. The hit boxes are very specific but in the air they are pretty wide and can deter jumps pretty well. They do average damage so you can't outright trade all the time. It is better to do in response to zoning rather than raw zoning as the landing frames are a problem. Combined with straight mace it gives him good screen control against a few of the cast. Also let's you keep players standing with advantage of you want to end with it.

Vial

This is honestly the reason I even considered using this. Essentially I use it as a double block damage projectile. So when mixed in with his buttons and zoning you get some nice ticks since they are increment 20. Block stringing to this is a pretty massive buff for ending rounds. As soon as you see them at 50 it's over on block.

The combo
The explosion combo is a really neat mechanic. Unfortunately it is extremely fickle when it comes to the conditions needed to apply the set ups. Similar to erron black it takes advantage of panic. However where it differs is they have to panic with a specific option of moving forward into you b1. It's nice but again very specific.

Overall success rate was definitely higher with backpack so far, but spare change is definitely not bad. I think with the offensive nature of backpack and the extra kb it let me pull out some crazy wins. The problem I had with spare change was after achieving them coming to get you, your throw would send them out away. Which sounds great, but it didn't allow for any crazy comebacks that backpack offered. Also being able to store a bad throw tech was really clutch too in addition so it felt like a lot of spike damage was removed from Spare change. Speaking of kb, spare change also inadvertently deters jumping too, so I got less s2 kbs from anti air and had to use it more aggressively on whiff punishes or frame traps. Reversal command grab was a boon up close as well.

Character is good, not sure how good yet. Main roadblocks I had were dealing with frame trap and stagger characters as they can be more powerful against him.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
imo this characters only saving grace is his oki. Only about 3-4 characters in the whole game can completely negate it with their u3s

@Evil Canadian

So after a couple hundred more matches I am finally enjoying spare change more. But it is match up specific now. Also, I think I use his tools differently from you as I value vial infinitely more than bomb. For now I would say default is spare change. On stagger and pressure characters I still much prefer backpack because reversal command grab changes match ups extremely.

Any neutral or offensive match up I prefer spare change now but I'll try and elaborate.

I think for anyone that plays a lot of kollector understands he is a monster at striking range. Especially so once he gets a hit of any kind since he is one of the few characters that gets such consistent oki scenarios from multiple options and angles. Since his db3 is a static animation it's great. With backpack this is amplified because his grab sets up an exact copy of db3 soon. The problem typically is getting in without taking the damage.

So @Evil Canadian mentioned forcing them to come to you and winning the full screen war with bombing. I tried this extensively and did not enjoy it nor did I have much success personally except vs outclassed players. The root of the problem is bombs speed is too slow to punish on reaction and the trajectory is not ideal for dealing with forward momentum. It also loses to fast high projectiles typically. When they are good though they are oppressive. Also, they help open up vial a lot more so you can't just not use it at all.

So I play around using vial more. It does a near unavoidable 20 damage ore more. Which is approximately double a bomb block. Doing enough math you realize that you have to land every bomb to keep pace with just every 20 tick vial. This assumes they get hit on every 6th bomb. Sounds easy, but honestly it's really hard to do. In addition, vial usually ticks more than once it pulls ahead a lot. What's great is they synergize a lot, because vial will force movement which makes it more predictable, which let's you land more bombs and loop back to more vials etc.

So for me it is more that you counter zone rather than zone with kollector, ultimately you still want to go in on them. So I typically evade projectiles and fire back a vial. It's been pretty great except against shang tsung zoning so far as he can do a lot of damage if you slip at range and you cannot. This typically promotes forward movement which let's them eat your normals more. The vials also let you change your gameplay a lot more by backing off and threatening damage. So if you are outplaying heavily at range you can just reset to that when you want.

He loses a lot of value from bola trades, but it's still worth using every now and then. His base kit is just very good in my opinion. I know most everyone has him at the bottom, but I think he is a solid mid or high tier not top. Hope this h pls a little but.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
Has anyone expanded on his options after a B1xteleport? It’s +5 and guarantees some stuff, if so let me know because I just tested some stuff

Swoops

Noob
@Evil Canadian

So after a couple hundred more matches I am finally enjoying spare change more. But it is match up specific now. Also, I think I use his tools differently from you as I value vial infinitely more than bomb. For now I would say default is spare change. On stagger and pressure characters I still much prefer backpack because reversal command grab changes match ups extremely.

Any neutral or offensive match up I prefer spare change now but I'll try and elaborate.

I think for anyone that plays a lot of kollector understands he is a monster at striking range. Especially so once he gets a hit of any kind since he is one of the few characters that gets such consistent oki scenarios from multiple options and angles. Since his db3 is a static animation it's great. With backpack this is amplified because his grab sets up an exact copy of db3 soon. The problem typically is getting in without taking the damage.

So @Evil Canadian mentioned forcing them to come to you and winning the full screen war with bombing. I tried this extensively and did not enjoy it nor did I have much success personally except vs outclassed players. The root of the problem is bombs speed is too slow to punish on reaction and the trajectory is not ideal for dealing with forward momentum. It also loses to fast high projectiles typically. When they are good though they are oppressive. Also, they help open up vial a lot more so you can't just not use it at all.

So I play around using vial more. It does a near unavoidable 20 damage ore more. Which is approximately double a bomb block. Doing enough math you realize that you have to land every bomb to keep pace with just every 20 tick vial. This assumes they get hit on every 6th bomb. Sounds easy, but honestly it's really hard to do. In addition, vial usually ticks more than once it pulls ahead a lot. What's great is they synergize a lot, because vial will force movement which makes it more predictable, which let's you land more bombs and loop back to more vials etc.

So for me it is more that you counter zone rather than zone with kollector, ultimately you still want to go in on them. So I typically evade projectiles and fire back a vial. It's been pretty great except against shang tsung zoning so far as he can do a lot of damage if you slip at range and you cannot. This typically promotes forward movement which let's them eat your normals more. The vials also let you change your gameplay a lot more by backing off and threatening damage. So if you are outplaying heavily at range you can just reset to that when you want.

He loses a lot of value from bola trades, but it's still worth using every now and then. His base kit is just very good in my opinion. I know most everyone has him at the bottom, but I think he is a solid mid or high tier not top. Hope this h pls a little but.
Good write up. I still have trouble using Spare Change even though I would like to learn it. Every time I play spare chage I just get sad I don't have command grab and the KB. Far teleport is also a very very useful tool in lots of situations.

I feel like they could a do a great service to Spare Change by making some more of his vial + bomb set ups legit. Taking some end frames off of vial and making the explosion detection better would make it a much easier pick for me imo.

Has anyone expanded on his options after a B1xteleport? It’s +5 and guarantees some stuff, if so let me know because I just tested some stuff
I stopped trying to implement B1 xx teleport because of the command. IMO a back input into d,d3 is kind of annoying to pull off and you can accomplish the same thing in a combo w/ F3. Leaves you +12, does the same damage, and leaves you right next to them

Backpack gives him a lot of comeback factor since your throw option resets oki scenario. Also a good read with teleport can give you momentum.

Spare change gives you incremental damage that is near unavoidable and allows you to deal better with zoning imo. The teleport is just too slow to use outside of reads. The bola is too slow too to consistently punish zoning with tele trades. But spare change let's you take small advantage in damage ore more if you do happen to evade while using vial and bomb.

I still like both variations for him overall, I'm not sure what it is I don't like about him yet. I really do think it is because he doesn't have a hit confirmable stagger that's safe. But that's more a personal preference I think.

Swoops

Noob
Backpack gives him a lot of comeback factor since your throw option resets oki scenario. Also a good read with teleport can give you momentum.

Spare change gives you incremental damage that is near unavoidable and allows you to deal better with zoning imo. The teleport is just too slow to use outside of reads. The bola is too slow too to consistently punish zoning with tele trades. But spare change let's you take small advantage in damage ore more if you do happen to evade while using vial and bomb.

I still like both variations for him overall, I'm not sure what it is I don't like about him yet. I really do think it is because he doesn't have a hit confirmable stagger that's safe. But that's more a personal preference I think.
In the projectile war I've actually started using DB4 AMP lol. Definitely a commitment but against someone that feels too comfortable against you at long range it really helps shake things up. The amp orb allows you enough time/space to either close distance or threaten bola/tele

I find F1 to be pretty great as a stagger tool , but obviously it's a bit on the slow side and only hit confirmable if you're willing to commit to a -7 situation.

Yeah I'm saying he can't threaten anything safe if the block it. For instance jaqui can do f31 then
Confirm on hit to combo
Stop on block for stagger
Continue string with safety

So in kollectors case once he is blocked they can press buttons unless you just play mad and cancel anyways.

Also I can't get his amp projectile to work for me as the distance is so short that it travels.

Swoops

Noob
Yeah I'm saying he can't threaten anything safe if the block it. For instance jaqui can do f31 then
Confirm on hit to combo
Stop on block for stagger
Continue string with safety

So in kollectors case once he is blocked they can press buttons unless you just play mad and cancel anyways.

Also I can't get his amp projectile to work for me as the distance is so short that it travels.
Yea it's definitely the case he doesn't have a true stagger game like better characters.

The amp projectile is more to take up space on the screen to allow you to do something else. They can't poke or walk through it and if they throw another projectile it will get eaten up by the orb. So their main options become jump over, or wait/walk back, which gives you time to walk them down, throw bola, pressure with 4/F3, etc. It also trades with most amp projectiles so you just have to know how to manage the meter game

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
Good write up. I still have trouble using Spare Change even though I would like to learn it. Every time I play spare chage I just get sad I don't have command grab and the KB. Far teleport is also a very very useful tool in lots of situations.

I feel like they could a do a great service to Spare Change by making some more of his vial + bomb set ups legit. Taking some end frames off of vial and making the explosion detection better would make it a much easier pick for me imo.

I stopped trying to implement B1 xx teleport because of the command. IMO a back input into d,d3 is kind of annoying to pull off and you can accomplish the same thing in a combo w/ F3. Leaves you +12, does the same damage, and leaves you right next to them
With so much plus frames it makes it to hard to time the command grab consistently, so doing it too early can make it whiff. With the b1 cancel it gives the same exact mix of b2/command grab while crushing fatal blows, and it excludes the too early whiff

Last edited:

Swoops

Noob
Ah I need to use it more then if it eats projectiles that makes spare change scary in projectile wars. Thanks man.
Np. It's definitely not groundbreaking considering how slow it is generally, but it definitely changes some match ups. Absorbing cetrion boulder on reaction, or Noobs projectile/clone are highlights for sure. I might do a write up on all the interactions because there are some weird quirks to it.

With so much plus frames it makes it to hard to time the command grab consistently, so doing it too early can make it whiff. With the b1 cancel it gives the same exact mix of b2/command grab while crushing fatal blows, and it excludes the too early whiff
Yea probably comes down to preference. IMO it's easier for me to time a command grab off 12f advantage versus input B1, dd3 in a standard combo. Also an upside of +12 is F12 and F22 become much tighter frame traps

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
Np. It's definitely not groundbreaking considering how slow it is generally, but it definitely changes some match ups. Absorbing cetrion boulder on reaction, or Noobs projectile/clone are highlights for sure. I might do a write up on all the interactions because there are some weird quirks to it.

Yea probably comes down to preference. IMO it's easier for me to time a command grab off 12f advantage versus input B1, dd3 in a standard combo. Also an upside of +12 is F12 and F22 become much tighter frame traps
I feel ya the input was wonky at first for me too but I found that while doing a jump in and holding back and inputting the 11 a lil early then inputting the teleport when his feet touch the floor to be super easy after a bit, but to each its own.

Little tidbit, staggering F2 on block into the full F22 string catches everybody I’ve played at least once for some reason. I’m guessing they think they can poke after, but no one knows Kollector so they get caught Lol

ridianfable

Of the Badlands
Kollector
• Kollector - Vial of Sorrow now does 15 damage per tick (was 20), duration is now 4 seconds (was 2 seconds), and had its hit region adjusted
• Kollector - Bag Bomb explosion when connecting with Vial of Sorrow flames has increased combo damage scaling and had its hit region adjusted
• Kollector - Demonic Mace startup is now 29 frames (was 34), now has 3 levels of charge that causes increased blockstun the longer it is held
• Kollector - Up Demonic Mace now has 3 levels of charge that causes increased blockstun the longer it is held
• Kollector - Damned Bola hit region reduced outside of a combo and while opponent is in a combo the hit region is increased
• Kollector - Blood Money (Front Punch, Front Kick) has 1 more active frame, 1 less frame of recovery on miss, and had its hit region adjusted
• Kollector - Mine Mine Mine (Back Punch, Front Punch + Front Kick) has more combo damage scaling and can now be cancelled into Fatal Blow
• Kollector - Greed (Away + Back Punch, Front Kick, Front Kick) and had its hit region adjusted
• Kollector - Take It All (Front Kick, Back Punch) Krushing Blow recovery adjusted
• Kollector - Death Spin (Away + Front Kick) had its hit region adjusted
• Kollector - Korrupted Kick (Towards + Front Kick) can now be cancelled on normal block/miss
• Kollector - Paid In Full (Towards + Front Kick, Front Punch) startup is now 13 frames (was 12), recovers 3 frames slower on miss, hit reaction when connecting with an airborne opponent changed, 10 more frames of blockstun with increased pushback, and had its hit region adjusted
• Kollector - With Interest (Towards + Front Kick, Front Punch, Back Punch) hit reaction when connecting with an airborne opponent changed, and has 10 more frames of blockstun with increased pushback
• Kollector - Take and Deny (Towards + Front Kick, Front Punch, Back Punch, Front Kick) has 2 more active frames, 10 more frames of blockstun with increased pushback, recovers 2 frames slower on miss, and had its hit region adjusted
• Kollector - Tax Burden (Back Kick) cancel frame is 1 frame later, recovery reduced by 6 frames on hit/block, blockstun decreased by 5 frames, and had its hit region adjusted
• Kollector - No Collateral (Back Kick, Back Kick) startup is now 23 frames (was 26), hit reaction when connecting with an airborne opponent changed, recovery on hit/block reduced by 1 frames, recovery on miss reduced by 6 frames, and had its hit region adjusted
• Kollector - Ravages Of Time (Back Kick, Back Kick, Front Kick) startup is now 19 frames (was 20), damage scaling increased, hit reaction changed, can no longer be cancelled, recovers 15 frames slower on block, 10 frames slower on miss, and has 10 less frames of blockstun with less pushback
• Kollector - Rising Claws (Down + Back Punch) has 2 more active frames and 2 less frames of recovery on miss
• Kollector - Kura Slam (Jump + Back Punch) had its hit region adjusted
• Kollector - Adjusted hit region on Getup Attack/Flawless Block Attack "Flailing Mace"
• Kollector - Fixed issue that could cause Shotel Fury to not correctly facing opponent for the first hit
• Kollector - Fixed visual issue with Kollector's Chained Ball when he is put into a "Finish Him" dizzy state
• Kollector - Fixed issue that allowed Rising Claws (Down + Back Punch) to be cancelled into Fatal after the first active frame
• Kollector - Far Fade Out now has 42 recovery frames (up from 39)

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
443 launches HAHAHAHAH

Update:he has new BnBs now
F12 x Ex bola x jp1 443 x full dash 2 x Db3= 304
F12 x Ex bola x jp1 443 x full dash 2 x Dbf3= 310
Opponent can air escape obviously but we still have unbreakable combos to cover that :D
Ooo and 2 1+3 can cancel into fatal blow now, great for making anti airs hurt even more SKIES ARE PROTECTED

Last edited: