What's new

Kollector General Discussion

Okay I see the potential of 3 2 Krushing Blow, but I still think having Up Mace in Back In the Pack is not as good as having Relic Lure instead.

Feel free to change my mind on the benefits of Air Mace cuz I dont see much.
So just my personal take on up mace-
It potentially creates a really interesting mindgame with straight mace.
For an enemy seeking to approach Kollector they'd want to jump over the straight mace and duck under the up mace.

In practice this makes no sense because it's almost always the Kollector trying to approach the enemy, especially in this variation. There's no reason for nearly anyone to come to him with how slow his projectile and teleport are.

I'm assuming they imagined a much more trickster mindgame gameplan when I consider his long range, mix up, and teleport. It just doesn't seem to be feasible with how slow all of his moves are but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm really loving the Kollector, and I think he is actually quite a bit stronger than people recognize, but it seems like NRS went for something thematically but then it all just fell apart to f1 stagger command grab.

Edit: also I think relic lure is overkill to answer your question. How much damage would you get out of two bars with that + bola? I imagine scaling kicks in pretty hard and it offers little actual utility.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
People still doubt spare change its ridiculous

Spare change is the better of the two variations full stop. Grenade is his best move that he's allowed to have in his competitive variations. A lot of the cast including quite a few top tiers struggle with it big time.

Spare Change > Back in the pack.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

Spare change is the better of the two variations full stop. Grenade is his best move that he's allowed to have in his competitive variations. A lot of the cast including quite a few top tiers struggle with it big time.

What makes spare change better? I like it but idk about it being better than the grab variation.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
What makes spare change better? I like it but idk about it being better than the grab variation.
Grenade is a full screen, aimable projectile thats plus on block at many ranges and lets him control parts of the screen the other variation can't. Unlike basically every other jump fireball in the game, Kollector can reach from full screen. Kabal/Cetrion/Subzero etc have to be midscreenish for theirs to hit Kollector can be literally jumping in the far corner and still hit a standing foe on the opposite end of the screen.

That and the arc makes it effectively unjumpable if you are using the grounded version, and at most ranges you'd use it at the grounded version is usually -3 to +4 on block. The only unsafe range to toss them is when they are right in your face.

Its what lets him have a presence from full screen, and then kinda ties everything together.

Let alone vial DoT's are good harrassment and annoyance, and makes stuff like 443 much more valuable because you can go 443 into vial toss and then get some free extra dot damage getting much more use out of your best long range normal.

Is kollector the best, nope.

Is spare change the best for Kollector? yep.

Wigy

There it is...

I don't know if you have a writeup of this somewhere but could you explain I'm genuinely interested.

My main mind game with the kollector that kind of enforces his up close game is f1 staggers into command grab or d1-db3/command grab.

His pressure feels a bit naked without the command grab and he has no teleport so struggles even more against zoners

Lol edit: you posted your reply just as I asked the question

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Kollector ain't a pressure character and never will be. He's got decent to good neutral buttons in stuff like f22 and stand 44. Spare change lets him play that more neutral heavy style a lot better, trying to get up and blend people with Kollector just ain't ever gonna work.

Wigy

There it is...
Grenade is a full screen, aimable projectile thats plus on block at many ranges and lets him control parts of the screen the other variation can't. Unlike basically every other jump fireball in the game, Kollector can reach from full screen. Kabal/Cetrion/Subzero etc have to be midscreenish for theirs to hit Kollector can be literally jumping in the far corner and still hit a standing foe on the opposite end of the screen.

That and the arc makes it effectively unjumpable if you are using the grounded version, and at most ranges you'd use it at the grounded version is usually -3 to +4 on block. The only unsafe range to toss them is when they are right in your face.

Its what lets him have a presence from full screen, and then kinda ties everything together.

Let alone vial DoT's are good harrassment and annoyance, and makes stuff like 443 much more valuable because you can go 443 into vial toss and then get some free extra dot damage getting much more use out of your best long range normal.

Is kollector the best, nope.

Is spare change the best for Kollector? yep.
The DOT damage is pretty ass tbh, its 60 if it all hits isn't it?

The full screen is great when you word it like that but the travel time is so long and recovery is bad so you'll rarely actually trade well with anyone. Seems more of a check after blocking something.

When I played around with it I would just go f4 close grenade as the ender not 443, as it keeps them standing and is plus enough to guarantee the f3 check after.

The DOT grenade has too long a recovery to really be worth it. You just end up trading or it hits them for like 20 damage lol

Also his command grab KB is his best. You land that and get half their life bar.

He's Johnny cage levels of krushing blows in the other variation

Last edited:

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
I actually have a lot more success with Spare Change as well.
Do you guys ever mess with bola cancels? Whenever I do them in a match it usually messes with my opponents mind big time. Lol

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
The DOT damage is pretty ass tbh, its 60 if it all hits isn't it?

The full screen is great when you word it like that but the travel time is so long and recovery is bad so you'll rarely actually trade well with anyone. Seems more of a check after blocking something.

When I played around with it I would just go f4 close grenade as the ender not 443, as it keeps them standing and is plus enough to guarantee the f3 check after.

The DOT grenade has too long a recovery to really be worth it. You just end up trading or it hits them for like 20 damage lol
its 80

grenade is 7% and trades just fine with anyone

If they willing to trade full screen then you start tossing bolas, take the hit(bola doesn't do 2nd hit, thus basically is the EX version for free), toss vial, toss grenade(or another bola if you prefer). Now you dealt anywhere from 10-14% depending on angle and chip. Nobody trades favourably against Kollector from full screen.

443 is not a combo ender(unless its in the corner), its a footsie tool. It outranges basically every other characters main footsie button in the game. Cassie, Kabal, you name it they all come up short against stand 4.

People really, really, really are taking the wrong mindset in playing Kollector.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Most characters do not trade with Kollector at all when it comes to full screen grenades as well. He remains in the air a very long time while tossing it, assuming you did it at right the bulk of projectiles harmlessly go underneath you while grenade bonks them on the head, from full screen. Full screen grenades are also V E R Y plus on block. Like +20 or more, meaning they will never get a chance to get ahead of you in tossing projectiles.

Wigy

There it is...
its 80

grenade is 7% and trades just fine with anyone

If they willing to trade full screen then you start tossing bolas, take the hit, toss vial, toss grenade. Now you dealt anywhere from 10-14% depending on angle and chip. Nobody trades favourably against Kollector from full screen.

443 is not a combo ender(unless its in the corner), its a footsie tool. It outranges basically every other characters main footsie button in the game. Cassie, Kabal, you name it they all come up short against stand 4.

People really, really, really are taking the wrong mindset in playing Kollector.
Maybe I am but I've just not seen anything to change my mind on this. Also imma call BS on the trading full screen thing. People can just move back and fourth while zoning and you have to block a bunch of their stuff at best while they can just pew pew.

I'll need to give it another go but I REALLY don't see it. The grenades are so slow, don't knock down and you have to make a read where they will hit. A lot go projectiles just do straight up more damage especially with mb option are faster on startup and recovery

Wigy

There it is...
Most characters do not trade with Kollector at all when it comes to full screen grenades as well. He remains in the air a very long time while tossing it, assuming you did it at right the bulk of projectiles harmlessly go underneath you while grenade bonks them on the head, from full screen. Full screen grenades are also plus on block.
Full screen air grenades don't hit someone at Max range tho lol

Unless you mean DOT ones which are so slow recovering

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Full screen air grenades don't hit someone at Max range tho lol
They absolutely do, you just have to be at the right height. Even thin characters like Cassie get hit from full screen as long as you know the correct height to toss from.

Basic knowledge and testing teaches you these things. "lol"

Wigy

There it is...
They absolutely do, you just have to be at the right height. Even thin characters like Cassie get hit from full screen as long as you know the correct height to toss from.

Basic knowledge and testing teaches you these things. "lol"
I'm in the lab right now. At Max range df1 in the air will never land. If you jump forward it does but they can just walk away. It has to be grounded.

Edit- I'm wrong. At absolutely max height it does. I apologise

Wigy

There it is...
Don't blame Kollector for your lack of trying. The stuffs there, you just gotta put in the time.
You can make these kind of sweeping know it all decorations when you have some kind of results to go with but just stating his tools and saying you're not playing it right when they're clear arguable issues with them is just silly.

Maybe you're entirely right but you need to stop stating this as pseudo fact that nobody else has clocked onto yet except you

Wigy

There it is...
Well I was labbing on cetrion who seems to be the exception to the rule. It will not connect on her full screen

A number of characters can simply hold back and their hitbox draws back enough to whiff

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I've just tested. Cassie's actually got a pretty wide stance. It will not connect on cetrion for example
Cassie has one of the thinnest hurtboxes in the game

Cetrion has the thinnest period.

To hit Cetrion you have to be a single pixel away from full screen, its not exactly an issue.

Wigy

There it is...
Also kollector trades well against everyone full screen?

Frost and kabal say hello just off the top of my head.

Get characters to hold back while you try it bud. A whole bunch of them doing that causes it to whiff.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Also kollector trades well against everyone full screen?

Frost and kabal say hello just off the top of my head.

Get characters to hold back while you try it bud. A whole bunch of them doing that causes it to whiff.
I am aware. People who wanna walk back you walk em to the corner. Any projectile you can easily reaction jump and chuck a grenade for free chip and plus frames. If you whiff a grenade while they walked back who cares, its not like they can do anything to you at that point by the time the grenade explodes, you will have landed by then.

And yes Kollector trades well from full screen against everyone.

How about you actually play the character? Could be enlightening rather than crying and complaining about him.

Wigy

There it is...
I am aware. People who wanna walk back you walk em to the corner. Any projectile you can easily reaction jump and chuck a grenade for free chip and plus frames. If you whiff a grenade while they walked back who cares, its not like they can do anything to you at that point by the time the grenade explodes, you will have landed by then.

And yes Kollector trades well from full screen against everyone.

How about you actually play the character? Could be enlightening rather than crying and complaining about him.
Frost has a projectile destroying shield.

Her bf3 mb cannot be jumped and does 145 damage, also it avoids your grenades when done at Max height.

Her db2 hits for the same damage as your grenade and vastly quicker and has a HUGE aerial hitbox.

Maybe you need to hit the lab before you make condescending sweeping declarations and tell people to git gud.

If bola can get out when the shield down it trades badly with both bf3 mb and db2.

At least on paper frost wins this one BIG TIME. You do not have the MU experience to simply write off my opinion cause 'trust me you just need to git gud'

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Grenade goes over the shield at most ranges dummy(not that it matters cause shield is pretty shit anyways). I actually know that match, I have quite a bit of experience in it.

If she wants to do BF3 or her grenade then I laugh and start doing Bola trades and win on damage for free.

Its obvious you just wanna be mad at the character and don't wanna put in the time. Thats on you, not on me.

Spare Change is the way to go for Kollector and that's that.