What's new

Kollector General Discussion

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
F3 is always - 5 on block cause the string doesn't come out on block.
B23 is one of his important strings because it's a 10 frame true mid.
doesn't lead into a full combo but otherwise you will have a hard time in the poke war.
especially with this 9 frame mid Charakters.
the thing with b23 and f22 on block is, if spaced well, you can easily go for a backdash if block and you are able to whiff punish certain Advancing strings.
After so many matches I got the feeling that the kollector needs his backdash quite often to outspace the opponent.
His NJP is also good to cover some space versus Advancing strings to whiff punish.
Kollector likes his personal space so no advancing mids plz, add chakram + vial+comet to his variations and increase aoe on vial and more ppl might play him. B33 is his second back dash right?

Hitoshura

Head Cage
44 is 0 on hit and -11 on block
F12 is -7. If they complete the string into an OH or Low is punishable, like -14
F3 is -5 or -22 if full string
F22 is safe but inforget exact data like -5
Do any of these push Kollector back? I have a hard time trying to land my 7 frame starting string into a punisher whenever I block something of his.

Rey

Reycier
Do any of these push Kollector back? I have a hard time trying to land my 7 frame starting string into a punisher whenever I block something of his.
Something of this?
In general the kollector lose his turn after any string, except f1.
b23 and f22 has some pushback but not that much to make it problematic for you except he backdashed after this strings.
go in the lab and try it out.
the kollector is not the problem here ;)

So this is not me asking for Buffs but more just asking questions:

Why did they put Up Mace into his T1 Variation instead of Relic Lure? It seems like you get more combo potential out of it by spending 2 Bars.

Whats the point of giving 3 2 a Krushing Blow? How do you set that up exactly?

i see people on here playing kollector's mid-range game as expected, but in practice for me i've wound up just getting in close 99% of the time and playing a lot of head games that may or may not include hop + 1 (please kill me). how are you more zoning-oriented guys managing to get real damage in?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Can anyone help me figure out why command grab isn't connecting when I'm plus 10. I have to do it later on or else it whiffs. Its my understanding that at plus 10 and with grab being 10f startup it should never whiff unless the opponent does something.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Why in the literal fuck did anyone okay the idea that half of this character's strings don't come out on block. s443 is plus 5. Doesn't come out on block. s44 doesn't combo into anything besides knives. He's the coolest new character and you can do fuck all with him. Release patch assholes.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Yo dog chillax, they got a lot on their plates with SHANG TSUNG in a few weeks, so lets just giv them time...this character needs wrk 4sure.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Yo dog chillax, they got a lot on their plates with SHANG TSUNG in a few weeks, so lets just giv them time...this character needs wrk 4sure.
Oh this always finds a way to fuck things up regardless of how much work they have to do.

I just really dislike all the talk about how it's the most balanced game ever.

Rey

Reycier
Can anyone help me figure out why command grab isn't connecting when I'm plus 10. I have to do it later on or else it whiffs. Its my understanding that at plus 10 and with grab being 10f startup it should never whiff unless the opponent does something.

Are you special cancel the f1 into cmd grab?
Ofc it doesn't connect if you do cause that's not a thick throw.
You have to hit the f1 and then press cmd grab.

And 44 can special cancel into all other moves too, not just the knifes.

That whiff issues has to be fixed

There are just some command grabs that dont combo grounded opponents, his is one of them.

I believe the ones that are low or high grabs only usually have combo potential and even then some dont.

If you're trying to tic throw it wouldn't there have to be a frame or two in between the hit stun and the start up of the move otherwise it would be considered a combo and again his cmd throw doesnt combo grounded opponents

His only tic throws are blocked d1 and blocked d4

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Are you special cancel the f1 into cmd grab?
Ofc it doesn't connect if you do cause that's not a thick throw.
You have to hit the f1 and then press cmd grab.

And 44 can special cancel into all other moves too, not just the knifes.

That whiff issues has to be fixed
There are just some command grabs that dont combo grounded opponents, his is one of them.

I believe the ones that are low or high grabs only usually have combo potential and even then some dont.

If you're trying to tic throw it wouldn't there have to be a frame or two in between the hit stun and the start up of the move otherwise it would be considered a combo and again his cmd throw doesnt combo grounded opponents

His only tic throws are blocked d1 and blocked d4
Look at when the grab comes out. I'm not canceling F1. He's completing that animation and then doing the grab. But for some reason grab can't connect right after being plus 10, you have to delay it a bit.

Okay I see the potential of 3 2 Krushing Blow, but I still think having Up Mace in Back In the Pack is not as good as having Relic Lure instead.

Feel free to change my mind on the benefits of Air Mace cuz I dont see much.