What's new

Kollector General Discussion

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
That's terrible news...so what the hell is he supposed to do now without the cancels in that variation?

NOMAS

Noob
How come they couldn't just have the cancel cost a resource for the time being. Kills some of the flair I've been seeing with them nixing it outright.

Last edited:
Oh, so I only tried dd cancel, not dash cancel which is why I couldn't get the infinite at all. Well, guess now I'll never try it, I always miss the broken stuff :(

Without his dash cancel he's only less fun to play execution wise, he's still incredible at space control/footsie (that 44 string is stupid strong) and has plenty of safe options, both of which are advantageous given MK11's slower pace. Limited combo options/easier execution seems to be a universal thing in the game (at least he's not Jade, lol). I still maintain that he only really doesn't have an answer to strong zoning or rushdown (which makes sense). Given MKX's faster pace, he'd low-wish tier there, but MK11 is much slower so it'll take time to see what the meta will really be like.

What does everyone think of the vial variation? I feel like the DOT can rack up a ton of chip and the projectile is weird but kinda fast.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
What does everyone think of the vial variation? I feel like the DOT can rack up a ton of chip and the projectile is weird but kinda fast.
Projectile has decent start up but REALLY FUCKING BAD RECOVERY. In it's current state you would use it only as chip death because that shit last for 4 hits and is the shortest out of the DoTs. It shoulda had a amplified version where the df1 threw 3 bombs or made the bombs proc DoT. db1 shoulda placed a longer puddle.
Even if we were to get a variation with the quolt toss, we will struggle to get the KB because of how hard it will be to get them to stay in the puddle and throw the damn thing.

Also I think Kollector is bugged a bit. His f312 wont let me cancel into anything but it says it has cancel frames and more than other moves that I can easily cancel out of.

Projectile has decent start up but REALLY FUCKING BAD RECOVERY. In it's current state you would use it only as chip death because that shit last for 4 hits and is the shortest out of the DoTs. It shoulda had a amplified version where the df1 threw 3 bombs or made the bombs proc DoT. db1 shoulda placed a longer puddle.
Even if we were to get a variation with the quolt toss, we will struggle to get the KB because of how hard it will be to get them to stay in the puddle and throw the damn thing.

Also I think Kollector is bugged a bit. His f312 wont let me cancel into anything but it says it has cancel frames and more than other moves that I can easily cancel out of.
The more I play it I'm starting to agree. I really wanna make it work because I like the idea of chipping them down with dot that's very hard to avoid but god the recovery is awful and i can barely ever get it off efficiently.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
U2 wake up is fucking TRASH. The hitbox doesnt antiair a fucking boulder. Played a long set against my friend who plays Johnny and doing U2 after knockdown it would go right through him when hes jumping in.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
B32 into the dot thing is the best way to set it up.
That being said I agree on it being pretty bad.
Doesn’t have enough to warrant the loss to tele and command grab

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Imagine if kollector puddle had the same recovery as Erron Black puddle...

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
What do you guys think of his up 3 being unsafe? I was under the impression everyone's was safe but his isn't. Seems odd to me because the safe up 3 thing seemed to be a system mechanic type deal like breakaways.

Does the tutorial tell you B122 is safe on block but then you find out it doesn't even come out on block?

Last edited:

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
What do you guys think of his up 3 being unsafe? I was under the impression everyone's was safe but his isn't. Seems odd to me because the safe up 3 thing seemed to be a system mechanic type deal like breakaways.

Does the tutorial tell you B122 is safe on block but then you find out it doesn't even come out on block?
It was safe before the day 1 patch, lots of kollector's frames got changed.

B3 is now -5 instead of +5
D4 now -4 instead of -8
B1 is -11 instead of -6/7
F3 is -5 now instead of 0
Mace dash cancel gone and 1f quicker startup
32 KB works now even if the 3 connects, before it had to whiff for the KB to work.