What's new

Kollector General Discussion

He's such a well realized character I am impressed. From the Fatal Blow where he is literally stabbing you in the back, and slits your throat from the back which is consistent with a sneaky, conniving character. To the fatality where he searches your body for goods. To the win pose where he recoils from the camera to protect his loot. Gameplay + lore + design + animation all came together to execute on a cohesive vision for The Kolkector.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Really hoping he clicks right away. Gonna be who I load up first. This Diablo 3 Treasure Goblin and I are gonna go places.

I take it that his backpack is magical and has limitless space inside, otherwise don’t seem like all of that stuff can fit in there))

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
As I said already, expect a ton of stuff for this character from me. Back to the good ol' MKX days where I actually wrote guides and posted oodles of tech. We will Kollect their heads boyos.

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
I am still hyped about Kollector, I'm going to main him for sure... I love his "Green" flames which reminds me of Ermac moves in general ... He also has a teleport which is nice, and OH MY GOD his VOICE!!!!!!!!! Tarkata must pay tribute? motherfucker take my kidney as a tribute, just keep talking! Give me more of that naknadian accent of yours!!

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I think the lore behind the Kollector is interesting. 16bit said that the race the Kollector belongs to doesn't have names. They refer to themselves by the profession they're interested in. So Kollector might have family and friends, who refer to themselves as the Hooker, or the Plumber, or the Dishwasher.

Also that idea is very similar to a group of powerful cosmic characters in the Marvel universe, who have abandoned their names and instead refer to themselves by their obsession. The Marvel universe also has a Collector, who... well, he obsessively collects things. We also saw that guy in the MCU, portrayed by Benicio Del Toro:

I think the lore behind the Kollector is interesting. 16bit said that the race the Kollector belongs to doesn't have names. They refer to themselves by the profession they're interested in. So Kollector might have family and friends, who refer to themselves as the Hooker, or the Plumber, or the Dishwasher.

Also that idea is very similar to a group of powerful cosmic characters in the Marvel universe, who have abandoned their names and instead refer to themselves by their obsession. The Marvel universe also has a Collector, who... well, he obsessively collects things. We also saw that guy in the MCU, portrayed by Benicio Del Toro:

Yeah, the Collector in marvel is one of my favorite characters, he used to be much more powerful in comics as an Elder of the Universe and even had a monstrous form in which he could go to town with Avengers. Plus some of the artifacts he has are Uber powerful, and he has stuff from alternate timelines and universes that in the main marvel (616) timeline belongs to someone else.
Too bad they are making him more like his MCU counter part now.

Personality wise he resembles Orange Lantern (Larfleeze from DC) a lot. And I love this character, like someone has mentioned, maybe Agent Orange is going to be in Injustice 3)

A Goro drunk on Flint, Michigan's fully leaded tap water, 'sexually coërcing' a thalidomide-using D'vroah, anally, without a condom = Kollector.

Enjoy your Rain / Fujin / Ermac / Kenshi / Quan Chi et al. replacement, bros... :DOGE

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I just realised something...
If it is the Kollector's Edition... wouldn't he get mad at other people pre-ordering them?

... I'm sorry, I'll go sleep now.

I agree. Doesn't look like he's in a pose that gives him much leverage/force.
It looks a lot like Ferra/Torr's command grab animation wise. His upper hands playing Ferra's role doing the stabbing. And that would look ok, like it has enough leverage, with a character the size of Ferra/Torr. But doesn't look like that with the skinny Kollector.

But who knows?! Maybe he is disproportionately strong in lore)

His lantern seems like a means to steal stuff he can't snatch physically, like magic, souls , life force .
I also thought about something: The Kollector has been kollecting all kinds of weapons in the Outworld, but now he will meet the earth folk with their guns, explosives, and tech. So he might start to Kollect that as well)

I am starting to dig this kharacter

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
He seems like the Mileena replacement in regards to 50/50s from what ive seen.

Skarlet took Mileenas zoning

And Kitana Took Mileena`s Sai and some of her moves

Thats one giant package of Fuck You to Mileena stans

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I'm still not over the fact that one of the new fighters is a six-armed IRS agent for Shao Kahn. What a weird idea.
I mean, the concept of Shao Kahn taxing the people of Outworld was already introduced in MKD in Konquest mode. Shujinko arrives in a walled city in Outworld where the "mayor" of the city hadn't paid the taxes, so Mileena and the Tarkatans were sent to bring Shao Kahn his head.

If he existed back then, Kollector would've been the one who went to collect the taxes, was denied by the mayor, then headed back to Shao Kahn to inform him about it.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
We know both tournament variations :
1- Upmace, Teleport, command grab (DBZ motion)
2- three moves that trows magic shit, does someone what do they do?