What's new

Kollector General Discussion

RothVI

d2 Spammer
I just watched the new Shazam movie and one of the bad guys was literally the Kollector. He even did his fatality, albeit off screen. It's interesting how his reveal and the movie's release was on the same day...

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Easily the best newcomer of the three. Maybe the best one since Quan Chi, tbh, and I say that as a big Kotal fan. Weird monster characters will always have a place in my heart.

I love the mace attacks, the magic attacks, his command grab, everything. Even his fatality is awesome, and I don't usually care for those. How he rips all their guts out while checking to see if they're valuable.

I came into this game hoping for Kano since day one. Then he was revealed and I was completely committed to playing him, playing Theory Fighter, watching his breakdown a bunch. Now I just don't even know.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
They’re all some variation of this.
Not... really?

Liu Kang summons a fucking dragon. Noob summons his twin and double bodies you through a couple of portals. Johnny caves your head in with a trophy. Geras rewinds time to stop you from escaping his barrage. Kabal goes supersonic and does a really fancy hooksword move. Baraka impales your arm into your torso. Skarlet uses your own blood to make a weapon. Erron coldcocks you with his gun and then ricochets two shots off a couple of coins. Cassie shoots out your kneecaps and shoots you in the gut. These are all incredibly cinematic FBs.

Yes, some are more generic than others. I thought this was one of the more generic ones, so I said so.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Sméagol father does have similarities to Scarecrow but he does look the most interesting to me out of the new characters so far.

I don't know about you but I really dig the fact he's using Kukri as blades (and he Kollected Kung Jin's Chakram)

The weird shape will stand out more from Noob's Sickles, Kano's Knife and Skarlet's Dagger.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
From a press release email WB sent to "influencers":

"A new fighter joining the Mortal Kombat franchise, The Kollector was born into poverty and seized his collections duty with a zeal that impressed Shao Kahn, becoming one of the Emperor’s most feared associates. As more of a corrupt, mafia enforcer than a government official, The Kollector stole riches from Outworld’s people, rewarding himself with wealth and status in turn, but when Shao Kahn died, Kotal Kahn vowed to weed out the former regime’s corruption. After years in hiding, living off his ill-gotten gains, The Kollector was captured and now faces execution, determined to destroy anyone in his path."

Dude's evading tax fraud like Yoshi.
So basically, Kollector in old and new timeline once shit started to hit the fan:

Another solid-looking newcomer. I like that he has this very Gollum-like obsession with collecting/stealing various artifacts and that he apparently actually managed to impress Shao Kahn by stealing his way to power. I hope we get to see plenty of him in the story, especially alongside Shao Kahn.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
A lot of ugly and useless moves he has.
Generally sucks just like Cetrion.
The only real new character they nailed is Geras

subzert

Frozen Soul
I can't be the only one who thought that Kollector design is influenced by Scarecrow's from Injustice 2. The stance looks same, similar slender and long limbs and instead of the sickle Kollector has like a retractable Mace thing. Plus 2 pairs of extra arms.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I love that he's basically Shao Kahn's tax collector. He's the Outworld IRS. The Sheriff of Nottingham. He was (presumably in my current head canon) only "loyal" to Shao Kahn because Shao was too busy stressing about all these other realms he wanted to conquer and didn't care if Kollector "collected" a little extra so he could pocket it and amass himself a nice little hoard. Then Kotal is like no more corruption we are gonna rule Outworld the right way and Kollector's just "Hiissss... keep away... mine mine mine. My preeeecccciiiooouusssessss... Will kill you... need to loot more. Bigger horde." ** makes noises like a Diablo 3 treasure goblin as he skitters away **