What's new

Kollector General Discussion

trufenix

bye felicia
I hear the feedback charaxter designers are most interested in is what other characters they are "just like".

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Story: 8/10, love that he's a Shao Kahn loyalist lackey, and gleefully evil.

Visual design: 7/10, unique design, a little on the random side, but memorable.

Gameplay: 4/10, doesn't really appeal to me, but I know it will to others and I'm happy for you guys. His Fatal looked really generic though. Reminded me of Jade's, except with more random limbs flying around instead of elegant teleportation gymnastics. Only part I liked was the animation on the victim's face, pretty funny and awesome.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I love this character, visually. He looks to play similarly to scarecrow and I didn't like him, but I will love seeing him around even if I don't play him. And that fatality + win screen was 10/10.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Story: 8/10, love that he's a Shao Kahn loyalist lackey, and gleefully evil.

Visual design: 7/10, unique design, a little on the random side, but memorable.

Gameplay: 4/10, doesn't really appeal to me, but I know it will to others and I'm happy for you guys. His Fatal looked really generic though. Reminded me of Jade's, except with more random limbs flying around instead of elegant teleportation gymnastics. Only part I liked was the animation on the victim's face, pretty funny and awesome.
His fatal blow or Fatality? If you mean his fatality, it's not actually random if you look closely.

He's strategically removing chunks and vital organs and putting them in his kollection bag, ending with the head. It's really fast but some of his arms actually reach back to stow away the goods while he's tearing it up.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
He looks badass and I love that he’s a scumbag at heart and from the lore so far it seems like he’s brought back from Kahn’s conquest era to fuck shit up now. Can’t wait! :D

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
His fatal blow or Fatality? If you mean his fatality, it's not actually random if you look closely.

He's strategically removing chunks and vital organs and putting them in his kollection bag, ending with the head. It's really fast but some of his arms actually reach back to stow away the goods while he's tearing it up.
I meant Fatal Blow. Stab stab, slice the neck, stab the head, we've seen it before.

I didn't notice about the Fatality (except for the head) but that sounds awesome, I'll take another look.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I meant Fatal Blow. Stab stab, slice the neck, stab the head, we've seen it before.

I didn't notice about the Fatality (except for the head) but that sounds awesome, I'll take another look.
I think it's similar to Kano's in that it's normal stuff(stabbing and slicing) but it incorporates the character's personality. Like with Kano it's really mean spirited and dirty, with Kollecter is super methodical and creepy. He does also start it off by slapping you with his magical loot and I think the fact that he's stabbing you with a bunch of arms at once gives it a nice little edge of extremeness. as well as that sadistic look on his face when he slits the neck.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
They’re all some variation of this.
Hey, sometimes people shoot you with different guns lmao.

but yeah they're all some sort of shooting stabbing punching and kicking, can only do so much with the limitations of humanoid models and somewhat realistically grounded weaponry. At least he and most of them incorporate their tools and abilities to a degree.

They get too crazy and people cry "INJUSTICE 3!"

Yeah the fatality is similar to Mileena's MKX fatality but there are small touches I adore.

Like him turning his attention mid-rip to look at a heart or organ and put it in the bag before the head is stuffed in there too. You can also see a bit of blood on the set of hands holding the bag.

I fully agree. I mean, imagine what he could do with those extra hands. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You mean all the things people imagined Sheeva could do+2 more arms.

Goro is a great one and I like MK2 Kintaro but it has to be that version otherwise no thanks.
Baraka, Sektor, Kotal and Reptile are also my jam.

And speaking of Shokan I'm glad to see he doesn't play like any of the Shokan aside from having a grab involving his extra arms (which is different to the Shokan grabs from previous games anyway).

Leaks had him pegged as a sorcerer, cyborg or new shokan and it's awesome to see he's very much his own thing. Also helps he's loyal to Shao who needs more weirdo sympathizers at his side.

Also the Stream Trailer had a different Victory Animation than the official trailer, which was cool.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Dude I f**** love this guy. Idk about his gameplay just yet but ill wait to try him myself before I judge but based on his design and lore? Dude is AWESOME! I have loved MK since I was a kid and I know it started out as a kind of 80s kung fu/bloodsport inspired fighter but it always had a mysticism and other worldly feel to it and that is why I always was drawn to it rather than Street Fighter.

I love out of the ordinary stuff. I like characters that aren't just humans. So seeing a character like this really makes me happy. He is so different. He looks like some scheming little bug man that hordes ancient goodies like it turns him on or something, its fantastic lol

I am so glad we got a character like this. I love most MK characters but I admit my least favorites are the more regular ones like Stryker, Sonya, Kano, Jaqui etc. I like characters with weird powers, or from other worlds, or different species and this guy just checks all the boxes.

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
From a press release email WB sent to "influencers":

"A new fighter joining the Mortal Kombat franchise, The Kollector was born into poverty and seized his collections duty with a zeal that impressed Shao Kahn, becoming one of the Emperor’s most feared associates. As more of a corrupt, mafia enforcer than a government official, The Kollector stole riches from Outworld’s people, rewarding himself with wealth and status in turn, but when Shao Kahn died, Kotal Kahn vowed to weed out the former regime’s corruption. After years in hiding, living off his ill-gotten gains, The Kollector was captured and now faces execution, determined to destroy anyone in his path."

Dude's evading tax fraud like Yoshi.

Im on some l0w ti3r g0d level haterism about this character, i like the lantern thing but we already have so many slashing characters that I dont get why we got another.

At least he isnt the child of another character though so he isnt the worst so far

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
While I'm mostly certain that this won't happen, I love the idea that the Traveller from the Krypt becomes the Kollector over the course of his journey throughout Shang Tsung's island. Beings that we don't know what time period the Krypt is set, I think it is feasible, but it's probably unlikely.
Still, wouldn't it be cool if that was the case? What do you guys think?