What's new

Kollector “Spare Change” Tech Thread:

I’m loving the creativity in this thread! Shane have you tested these setups in a match? I have one small thing to contribute in that the explosion has a high enough height to be used as an anti air. I use this variation as a mid range zoner and I have caught more people trying to jump out of the flames than while they are standing or ducking. I think it’s worth an investigation.

Shane Graham (Maharg94)

Tax+Tech Kollector
I haven’t had the time to hop online over the last couple days because of work but I may do so tonight. I’ve caught people jumping a lot with the explosion at midrange too, you can convert from far away with mb bola if you’re really on the ball too. I think some of the others will take some conditioning and fine tuning but I’m just introducing concepts I’ve come up with to see what everyone can find.

The idea of the corner one is to punish attempts to counterpoke after the d3 cancel, and the b1 stuff post combo actually combos into explosion with the proper spacing. There’s no harm done if blocked so it’s worth testing out some of these ideas I think.

Shane Graham (Maharg94)

Tax+Tech Kollector
I should say that for the corner set up you’re able to get the explosion off of f2 as well, but since we know we want them to be crouching for the fireball, I think it’s better to go with d3 because even on hit the natural reaction after getting hit with a low poke is to block low. Kollector also having a low starter makes you want to block low anyways. Just trying to take advantage of a ready made conditioned response.

REYTHEGREAT

Have you experimented with his, I believe it is 2, 1+3 move as a combo ender. I haven’t tested it in a match but it’s like small restand. Not sure if you are at plus or not

Shane Graham (Maharg94)

Tax+Tech Kollector
You’re only neutral after the restand so I don’t think it’s of much value as a combo ender, our fastest move is 8 frames so we just give most characters a turn since 7 frames is the average. The full string may not be a bad ender in the corner if you’re really looking to bait wake ups and rolls though

This isn’t specifically tied to tech but how is everyone applying tactics to the spare change variation? I’m finding success forcing people to respect the 443 combo string by weaving in DF1 since it anti airs at that range. Mid range zoner kinda

Shane Graham (Maharg94)

Tax+Tech Kollector
This isn’t specifically tied to tech but how is everyone applying tactics to the spare change variation? I’m finding success forcing people to respect the 443 combo string by weaving in DF1 since it anti airs at that range. Mid range zoner kinda
I do the same sort of thing. Definitely keep them aware of the fact that I probably outrange them and punish every whiffed button in footsies range. F22 is a fantastic tool. Also it’s not safe but you can catch people occasionally with a quick bola cancel into throw or a button.

Shane Graham (Maharg94)

Tax+Tech Kollector

Like I said, not sure how valuable but the one use that comes to mind is if someone is really trying to get in on you. Jump back 2 covers a lot of real estate and you can try to cover it with a regular air fireball if it happens to miss.

Idk, what do you guys think? Make a bad read on them jumping with a preemptive air to air and you can try to avoid getting punished upon landing by putting out a fireball at their range? Edge case use but of use nonetheless.

Had time to try out these set ups, but they typically rely on the opponent doing nothing or doing an exact action. Not really feeling them, but because of them I've learned a lot about his 2 and other really good buttons. The spacing requirements are just too strict. Hopefully I'm wrong but for now going to use backpack.

greatz

Noob
What do you guys do when you get an opponent in the corner? It's like, not really optimal. i feel like the only thing i can do is try to jump cancel vials... idk what else. LOL. Strings are so slow you dont want to be close and giving them corner presure.

On top of that he doesn't really have anything extra in the corner since he's not juggling anyone.

It's almost like i feel like throwoing them OUT of the corner. Which is weird.

greatz

Noob

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Guys I don’t want to be a Debby downer but the first variation is so much better than the second one it’s just so obvious.

He’s supposed to have upgrades zoning for the second variations but just the fact that you can’t capitalize on bola trades just completely negates that.

Guys I don’t want to be a Debby downer but the first variation is so much better than the second one it’s just so obvious.

He’s supposed to have upgrades zoning for the second variations but just the fact that you can’t capitalize on bola trades just completely negates that.

100% Factual here but we are just optimistically exploring and testing until someone finds something that can be used! (hopefully)

Not really “Spare Change” specific tech but I’ve been messing round with his restand game and found this. If you end your strings in B3 and special cancel into bola after the first hit and then cancel the bola, it leaves you +7/+6 on hit depending on how good your bola cancels are. So you’re guaranteed a D1 and B2, and if you’re really crisp with you’re timing you’re also guaranteed your B1 or F2 (if they don’t have a 6f poke and sometimes you’ll still beat it out or trade).

Reactions: Rey

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Not sure if this is known but Kollector has an OS in the corner. Doesnt work on every wakeup (due to them moving characters differently) but I'll test it out more. Works in both variations. After a db3 knockdown in the corner you backdash, wait a frame or two, input b1bf3.

If they roll/wakeup u2/u3 they get caught and you get a full combo. If they delay you are safe. If they stand up and block you can cancel the bola or be -14 with decent pushback.

Example which grants 32% + 31% = 63% for both your offensive bars, which is pretty cool

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Got a few things to add to this thread!

This setup gives Kollector a +6-9 meaty bomb that only loses to far horizontal U3s such as Scorpion's. U2s get stuffed and rolls get punished by anything we do.

This setup leaves you just outside d1 range to whiff punish anyone that decides to mash against you, if you think they're gonna do a 9f mid or far-reaching button instead you can opt to d1 and steal your turn back anyway. The mix is in your favor!

This particular setup leaves you at -6 to -7 but the positioning is really good! you have time to back dash and react to any of your opponent's actions.

And finally this! You opt to lose 100-120 damage doing the regular ender but get a +19 restand.

Not ultra useful since it's a read, but his ground vial can low profile some high projectiles like Johnny. Haven't tested the cast yet, but the later hurtboxes are lowered as he tosses the vial.